What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

I personality think they will add 'special 30 anniversary episodes' to Presto. This will mainly feature the Braxtons and some other iconic characters. They may even feature a documentary and behind the scenes also on Presto because they will make money from doing this as Home and Away is a business after all.

What I would like them to do is:

Bring back old cast members through out the year.

Reach into the backstories of some of the cast members.
For example: What would happen if Jesse got released from Prison and started living in Summer Bay? It could be a storyline of redemption as Olivia would blame Jesse for killing her Mum. Maybe even her Grandmother Diana could make a reappearance.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I would like the producers to put together something like they did for Episode 4000 in having Alf's 60th and a lot of the cast return for it, I can not see anything of this nature  happening.

One or two people will come back and I would be most surprised if Kate Ritchie does not  drop in for  a few episodes.

Time will tell I suppose. And we shall soon see how they acknowledge it.

I would like Bevan Lee to come back for a while and keep an eye on the scripts but the likelihood of this happening is very slim and practically non existent.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I can't imagine the producers doing an all-singing-all-dancing OTT affair, but I imagine a select few will be invited to return, such as Kate Ritchie and Cornelia Frances.

It'd be nice if the other long-running regulars (e.g. Fisher, Colleen, Pippa) were invited back, but they don't seem to be as highly regarded as Sally. I'd love to see Judy Nunn back too (Neighbours managed it with Madge!), but again, I'm not holding my breath.

On 8/7/2016 at 10:48 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

Get Bob Barnett, now retired, to pay a visit to Summer Bay and see Alf. Barnett was only a guest but is technically an original character as he appeared in the pilot.

I like that idea, but it would maybe work better as a premise for a tie-in DVD/Download/Stream, if they don't just make it into the Braxton's hour on DVD! I could see Bob turning up in the bay at the end of his career and bumping into Alf on the beach, fishing, who invites him to the diner say. Bob and Alf first reminisce (if that's the right word) about the various criminal events during Bob's time, then Bob says something like "You know, it's been 25 years since I left the bay. I don't suppose much has happened since I left?" and Alf would be like "Well.......................".

Come to think of it that would work quite well written as satirical comedy for a primetime/late night show, gently (or not) mickytaking H&A for being crime heavy in later years, but I'm not sure if Seven would allow Ray to play Alf in a satire.

34 minutes ago, dan said:

I like that idea, but it would maybe work better as a premise for a tie-in DVD/Download/Stream, if they don't just make it into the Braxton's hour on DVD! I could see Bob turning up in the bay at the end of his career and bumping into Alf on the beach, fishing, who invites him to the diner say. Bob and Alf first reminisce (if that's the right word) about the various criminal events during Bob's time, then Bob says something like "You know, it's been 25 years since I left the bay. I don't suppose much has happened since I left?" and Alf would be like "Well.......................".

Come to think of it that would work quite well written as satirical comedy for a primetime/late night show, gently (or not) mickytaking H&A for being crime heavy in later years, but I'm not sure if Seven would allow Ray to play Alf in a satire.

I love that idea! If only the producers would take a leaf out of our books, every now and again ...

Archived