What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

Maybe it will be a Poulus (Leah's family) reunion? With Alex and others returning

Or even better, a Roberts reunion with all of Irene's children and her foster child's like Geoff, Annie, Sasha, and etc. That would be sweet :) The Fletcher family got a reunion last time and now it's Irene's turn ;)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2016 at 8:45 PM, Jacklost said:

Or even better, a Roberts reunion with all of Irene's children and her foster child's like Geoff, Annie, Sasha, and etc. That would be sweet :) The Fletcher family got a reunion last time and now it's Irene's turn ;)

If Joey Rainbow returned, I think even I might tune in for that one :)

Many of her foster children have gone to bigger things though (Tasha, Kim, Hayley, Nick) so we probably won't see them again.

Here's my idea.... rather than trying to get any one or two stars to do long returns or major storylines I would do something
entirely different and run it over the entire 30th season. I would call it something like '30 peers for 30 years' or some
such (I admit 'peers' is mostly for the rhyme but...). Basically I would ask 30 former cast members from throughout the shows
past to turn up at a time convenient to them and appear in the background of a contemporary scene that season, uncredited.
They would just act as if they had happened to wander into the bay at that point (as any former resident might well do), but
either not draw attention to themselves at all (if they're very recognisable they might just be far in the background surfing, having tea on the other side of the diner
or whatever), or else (if they were an obscure enough character originally) function as minor guest cast in the scene
(serving in a shop, or being the member of the public a current character nearly runs over etc). I would also make sure that
each one does not appear in a scene with any character that would actually remember them, unless that character has for some
reason been established as impaired (Alf's Tumour storyline when 'Ailsa; returned would be the sort of thing that could have
facilitated him not recognising a particular cameo, say), that way their reappearance would be expected to go unremarked
since no one present knew them. The appearances could happen at any point of the season (maximum one per episode say), and
with any former cast member (perhaps with certain preset bounds, such as the character must still be alive, or then
again maybe not). At the end of the season (or after the last cameo) I would invite viewers to submit their lists of what 30
cameos they thought they saw hidden (or not so hidden) within the seasons episodes and give the winner (or 30 winners?) a big
prize (maybe set visit and bbq with the cast (current and or cameos)). I'd have a special live show just before the start of the following season, where the cameos would be revealed and reshown (with necessary zoom, highlighting etc) and then reveal the overall winner(s) of the competition (perhaps having invited some/many correct entrants into the audience so whoever was picked as winner(s) could be shown live at the announcement of their win) I think this would work, even in the internet era, as
we would be torn between discussing possible cameos online excitedly, and not revealing them in case we were the only one who
saw them. It would solve the problem of some Hollywood-based former cast members being unable to have lines, as well as be
acceptable to former cast members who no longer particularly want to act, and allow producers to have a reappearance of
former cast that they may not wish to actually give storylines or contracts. Perhaps as well as pre-season ads Seven would
also promote say the first cameo or two (without revealing who it was - so an obscure one would be used here or else a really
obviously well known one would be used to generate hype). If they did do this it would encourage all fans to watch every
single episode (possibly as a family if they watched different eras originally), and therefore increase viewing and loyalty,
as well as promoting the anniversary and allowing for some otherwise impossible returns. What do people think?

• 3 weeks later...

I would have Alf going to live with Sally and her daughter Pippa. Then have Roo organized a leaving the bay party for Alf, that would also bring back lots of old characters

30 years in the bay would be a nice round number for Alf to leave.

1 hour ago, Cat3 said:

I would have Alf going to live with Sally and her daughter Pippa. Then have Roo organized a leaving the bay party for Alf, that would also bring back lots of old characters

30 years in the bay would be a nice round number for Alf to leave.

Or Alf dies while sleeping because of a hearth attack. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest..

What we can expect for the 30th anniversary? Not much I am afraid, at least not storyline wise, I don't think we will see a significant change in quality like we did in 2008. In 2008 Bevan Lee returned for the 20th year, and wrote some good storylines. But H&A has changed since back then. The last jubilees haven't been celebrated that much, except from Sally returning in 2013 to mark the 25th year, but the storyline could have been better. The 4000 episode mark in 2005 was marked with Alf's 60th birthday, the 5000th episode in 2010 season was marked with a mention of the number 5000 through the episode, when Xavier discovered that Hugo had left him 5000 dollars and the 6000th episode wasn't marked at all.

So I don't have big hopes. But we have had some returns this year, for example Morag. So we can at least hope for some returns. 

I don't know, maybe I am just hoping for better written storylines, and less pointless villains and evil characters without any depth. Morag has just turned back here in Norway, and it is good to see her, but the writing of the aftermath of Charlotte's death and the character of Dylan is destroying it. With awful writing it doesn't help bringing back many known and loved characters. it will only destroy them. 

Archived