If Pippa had stayed?

j.laur5

Just say that Pippa had stayed for more years to come, how would be things be different.

I wonder if they would have made Ian regular and married Pippa off again.

I think Sally would have stayed living at Summer Bay House for a while longer.

I say we would not have had Joel and  Natalie or Rhys and Shelley and Pippa would have fostered Tom/Gyspy/Jade/Dani/Kristy/Broadie/Max.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it might have stayed truer to the original format of H&A.

I imagine we would not have had characters like Beth, Shelley, Natalie and if she was still around in 2009, possibly even Gina.

I believe, if Pippa had stayed, the writers would have just gone around circles and given her husband after husband. Having said that, Irene hasn't really had a permanent love interest since she arrived (even Ken only lasted a year or so!) or Alf since Ailsa died, so perhaps they could have kept her single.

I also suspect that Colleen would not have returned as a regular or perhaps Irene would have been written out instead. If Irene wasn't around, Pippa probably would have had all Irene's subsequent foster children/strays (the Smiths, Tasha, Geoff and Annie, Belle, Spencer and Chris, Sasha) and taken on Irene's storylines.

2 hours ago, adam436 said:

I think it might have stayed truer to the original format of H&A.

I imagine we would not have had characters like Beth, Shelley, Natalie and if she was still around in 2009, possibly even Gina.

I believe, if Pippa had stayed, the writers would have just gone around circles and given her husband after husband. Having said that, Irene hasn't really had a permanent love interest since she arrived (even Ken only lasted a year or so!) or Alf since Ailsa died, so perhaps they could have kept her single.

I also suspect that Colleen would not have returned as a regular or perhaps Irene would have been written out instead. If Irene wasn't around, Pippa probably would have had all Irene's subsequent foster children/strays (the Smiths, Tasha, Geoff and Annie, Belle, Spencer and Chris, Sasha) and taken on Irene's storylines.

I can see no Natalie or Shelley and possibly no Beth or Gina as it  depend how long she stayed.

No I think they would have kept Irene as PTB would have  wanted to used Irene as other place for teens/strays to stay  as they used Alf and Ailsa as other place for teens/strays  as it be too much if about six or seven teens/strays were living with Pippa  and not only that but Irene would  of become Pippa best friend as Ailsa was gone by end of 2000 and also  Irene is not earth mother type of character like Pippa/Shelley/Beth/Natalie as Irene more like Ailsa/Morag/Marilyn/Gina where there characters were written to be more then earth mum of show .

I still think they would have  bought  in Colleen as don't see what difference it would made with Pippa staying and I think Colleen become regular when PTB decided to bring in more older characters and if Colleen replace any character it was Ailsa and even then that's only because Colleen was women we always sure in Dinner after Ailsa dead.

4 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

No I think they would have kept Irene as PTB would have  wanted to used Irene as other place for teens/strays to stay.

Interesting you say this, because there were plans to write Irene out in 2002 :wink:

I'm not sure about the no Natalie or no nashes. They were in it a few months before she left and nearly a year until they became foster parents. And that was because travois and Rebecca left. And I certainly woundnt describe Natalie as an earth mother or being in any way similar to Beth or Shelley. Especially the original portrayal. And Colleen's wasn't there to replace anyone but to have that character in the show for its own right. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Interesting you say this, because there were plans to write Irene out in 2002 :wink:

Given how hard the writers find it to write storylines for older characters, I think they would have struggled to write storylines for Colleen, Irene and Pippa, plus Morag when she's around.

I don't remember anything about this... do you know what the reasons were? She still had Nick and Hayley at that point, so it's not like she was a spare part like Colleen, and even perhaps Alf, during the same period?

Archived