If Pippa had stayed?

j.laur5

23 hours ago, harrietjames said:

If they brought Vanessa back as Pippa now, I would hate it, it would be wrong. That's mostly due to Debra playing the character for so much longer.

Yes, Vanessa could never come back now. Even though she was the better Pippa (in my opinion!), Debra is more widely recognised in the role.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18 December 2017 at 10:42, Summer's Bay said:

I never understood  the rush to marry Pippa off. In my opinion she should've been alone for a few years to strengthen her character before introducing a love interest. 

My guess is that the writers felt the show needed a married couple in the Fletcher house?

I was watching H&A as a teenager at the time and never could buy DebPip talking about Tom. It was like she was an imposter or something. So when Michael came along, it didn't seem like she was moving on with indecent haste. I enjoyed (and still do) the episodes where Pippa and Michael get together. In hindsight, I wonder was it the chemistry from their real life spilling over into fiction?

I checked the dates for Tom's death and Michael coming to town. I'm a little shocked at what little time there is between the two. I thought it was much closer to a year ..

9 hours ago, cymbaline said:

My guess is that the writers felt the show needed a married couple in the Fletcher house?

I was watching H&A as a teenager at the time and never could buy DebPip talking about Tom. It was like she was an imposter or something. So when Michael came along, it didn't seem like she was moving on with indecent haste. I enjoyed (and still do) the episodes where Pippa and Michael get together. In hindsight, I wonder was it the chemistry from their real life spilling over into fiction?

I checked the dates for Tom's death and Michael coming to town. I'm a little shocked at what little time there is between the two. I thought it was much closer to a year ..

How many months between Tom's death and Michael arrival?. 

18 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

How many months between Tom's death and Michael arrival?. 

Tom died in episode 525, which aired in Australia on 27th April 1990. Michael's first appearance is in episode 651 (22 Oct). By mid-late November it's apparent that there's chemistry between them..

On 2/25/2018 at 22:51, cymbaline said:

They tried to marry Sally off quickly again too. I suspect the only reason it never happened was because Kate Ritchie gave her notice and TPTB wanted to make her exit about her (if that makes sense) as opposed to her marrying Brad and having them both ride off into the sunset. 

Archived