If Pippa had stayed?

j.laur5

8 hours ago, adam436 said:

I don't remember anything about this... do you know what the reasons were? She still had Nick and Hayley at that point, so it's not like she was a spare part like Colleen, and even perhaps Alf, during the same period?

24 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

Why did they want to write irene out in 2002?

http://www.backtothebay.net/features/interviews/coral-drouyn/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if Irene had to be written out I'd say there's a very good chance she would have to be written back into the show sometime down the track.

Well back to topic and I have  done some thinking.

I somehow think Ian was only created for Pippa exit storyline and so I think Ian would never come on screen if Pippa was not leaving  and  I think they would have keep Pippa single for while.

I think Joel and Natalie be killed offscreen  and Tom and Gyspy would be sent to live with  there uncle Travis and later Travis decides Tom and  Gypsy are better off living with Pippa.

Rhys be  bought in  as single widower father with Dani/Kristy/Jade and gets together with Pippa.

On 23/04/2016 at 7:01 PM, Edward Skylover said:

Very interesting! The show definitely could have been very different, that would have been epic though!

It would be weird but they would genuinely care for each other. They both like straw hats and their kids have often gotten their backs up.  :D Running the store as a Ma and Pa deal could have worked. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2016 at 0:12 PM, j.laur5 said:

Rhys be  bought in  as single widower father with Dani/Kristy/Jade and gets together with Pippa.

If that happened, they'd definitely have needed an older actor to play Rhys.

It would also explain Brodie joining them, as Pippa would have wanted to keep fostering, whereas with the Suthrlands, she never really seem to fit in there.

I always thought Clarrisa House would have made a good Pippa recast. According to IMDB, she is a similar age to Vanessa and Debra and Beth possessed similar qualities to Pippa.

2 hours ago, adam436 said:

If that happened, they'd definitely have needed an older actor to play Rhys.

It would also explain Brodie joining them, as Pippa would have wanted to keep fostering, whereas with the Suthrlands, she never really seem to fit in there.

I always thought Clarrisa House would have made a good Pippa recast. According to IMDB, she is a similar age to Vanessa and Debra and Beth possessed similar qualities to Pippa.

I think Ailsa Piper and Sue Jones would be good as Pippa too!.

I had a dream once that Leila Hayes who played Beryl and Tom Richards who played David  on Sons and Daughters were playing Tom and Pippa in the pilot.

54 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

This would have been interesting. Who could have played her though?

My First choice would be to bring back Vanessa Downing.

I can picture in 1998 Vanessa Pippa walking into  Summer Bay House saying I am back like she just left Donald's house and took her 8 years to walk home.

But like I said I think Leila Hayes or Sue Jones would be good as Pippa .

Archived