10 years since Summer Bay stalker reveal

Jamie2811

They should have brought in Zoe as a regular in 2004 as well as another new character in late 2004 .

Does anyone have a big list of long gone villain characters as subjects like Dodge or Rhys Sutherland. Rhys left on a very bad note with the Bay in the year before!?.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storyline was fairly flawed and the lack of credible suspects was obvious.(Weirdly, a lot of people at the time seemed to suspect Peter.I think they got over it after he got kidnapped.)The few genuine red herrings we had got dispensed with very quickly as Marc got killed by the real Stalker and that Lisa woman who appeared out of nowhere and seduced Scott, who I was suspicious of for a time, was quickly written out.The scene of Zoe/Eve supposedly being attacked off screen after sending Kim to check a sound that neither he nor we heard screamed so much that she did it herself I'm surprised there were people who thought she didn't.Her motivation was paper thin, with the "Summer Bay will pay" rhetoric as, with Dani, Kane and Kirsty all gone, she was left targeting people who just happened to live in the town where Sarah died, even if they'd only met Sarah the night she died (Sally and Leah) or not at all (Dan, Josie, Martha).Peter and Hayley were just about understandable but Scott, who you'd expect to be near the top of the hitlist, she mostly left alone aside from him being among the people at the murder mystery and inflicting Paternitygate on him and us.To be fair, they did make her going after Sally credible by having her make disparaging remarks about Sarah in front of her.But the reveal episode kind of felt like the characters were catching up on things we'd already figured out (and some things didn't quite ring true: She says she wanted to expose Flynn's drug taking but it would have blown her cover, yet she's shown plenty of times that she can do things without anyone knowing it's her).Then the final episode sees her diving into full-on Bond Villain Stupidity where a lot of her actions are hard to figure out(eg driving all the way to the surf club and then not doing anything and driving all the way back again).

While her return at the end of 2005 was possibly the last time Home and Away truly shocked me, her motivation was even more suspect and the finale even more nonsensical, to the point that we're still trying to work out what the heck she was trying to achieve all these years later.I think some people suggested the fact that Eve and Tracey's bodies disappear fairly quickly might mean they were only stunned but it really was time to let it lie.

While her return at the end of 2005 was possibly the last time Home and Away truly shocked me, her motivation was even more suspect and the finale even more nonsensical, to the point that we're still trying to work out what the heck she was trying to achieve all these years later.I think some people suggested the fact that Eve and Tracey's bodies disappear fairly quickly might mean they were only stunned but it really was time to let it lie.

It's a shame that her return was completely spoiled for the Aussies by the idiotic promo department.

Showing this for several weeks beforehand, accompanied with the voiceover "But we're saving the biggest shock....until last...."

2005finale-promo.avi%2000_00_18_2015-05-

I mean there's no words for it really is there.

Ah the Sally thing makes sense, there aren't many others Zoe could've kidnapped that would've had the same impact plus I remember Sally making a comment about Sarah being psychotic, possibly after the break in at her house where she found the TICK TOCK TICK TOCK calling card. Did anyone else think it was possibly Sarah was the stalker?

I didn't like the 2006 return at all and think it would've been better had Zoe/Eve died in the explosion. Who was the other person she holding at the warehouse when it exploded?

Trying to think when the reveal aired in the UK, I believe it was around October 2005, can anyone confirm?

Yeah sorry I meant Eve/Zoe's faked death - the real Zoe's body was found at the beginning of 2005 after the bushfire Eve started, but of course they didn't know her identity at the time.

Still have the banner I composited together for the main site on my hard drive, remember being quite proud of it at the time :P

stalkerbanner_zps7cqlbcu0.jpg

Anyone know why the stalker kept targeting Sally? Knocking her off the ladder in the house and abducting her taking her to the warehouse where the exploison happened and im sure theres another example?

It was originally supposed to be Dani Sutherland, which would have meant the storyline would have made a slight amount of sense (Zoe was Sarah's nurse and Sarah hated Dani), but Tammin Sursok left the show.

I don't know why people love this storyline so much. It was obviously Zoe from the beginning (gee, a ridiculously chipper new character shows up at the exact same time as a mysterious psycho starts terrorising the town. Hmmm.) and it made absolutely no sense. And then they really flogged the dead horse by bringing her back a year later, in what was also probably the worst ever case of the promos giving away the shocking surprise.

I never had a clue, for me the reveal was shocking. I miss these days when i didn´t know what would happen in the show before it does ):

Its been over 10 years since Kirsty and Kane left the Bay. And nearly 7 years since they returned and the writers made the ridiculous decision to split them up. They were soul mates. Even if Sam didn't want to return they could of killed Kane off this would of been more realistic than splitting a power couple up.

I never would of guessed that Zoe was the stalker I was shocked when it was revealed that she was in fact the stalker.

Archived