10 years since Summer Bay stalker reveal

Jamie2811

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why the stalker kept targeting Sally? Knocking her off the ladder in the house and abducting her taking her to the warehouse where the exploison happened and im sure theres another example?

Because it was Sally - it had the biggest emotional impact on the audience, few or no others would have worked as well.

Can't believe its been 10 years since the stalker story-line, I was really shocked when it was revealed to be Zoe as back then I read no spoilers or saw any teasers to try to pick it. How time flies, some of best moments during that time of the show and how I wish we could see something that good again.

Anyone know why the stalker kept targeting Sally? Knocking her off the ladder in the house and abducting her taking her to the warehouse where the exploison happened and im sure theres another example?

It was originally supposed to be Dani Sutherland, which would have meant the storyline would have made a slight amount of sense (Zoe was Sarah's nurse and Sarah hated Dani), but Tammin Sursok left the show.

I don't know why people love this storyline so much. It was obviously Zoe from the beginning (gee, a ridiculously chipper new character shows up at the exact same time as a mysterious psycho starts terrorising the town. Hmmm.) and it made absolutely no sense. And then they really flogged the dead horse by bringing her back a year later, in what was also probably the worst ever case of the promos giving away the shocking surprise.

I did wonder if it was Josie for a while - only because I missed the last few minutes of the 2004 finale and my brother told me (lied to me) that it ended with Angie's ghost appearing to Josie saying 'I need to borrow your body...' That wouldn't have been a bad twist actually.

Oooh that would have been cool! I remember thinking something similar about Josie, that she was acting in revenge for Angie's death or even that she WAS Angie in disguise. I also considered that it could have been Sally, finally snapping after years of trauma.

What about Alf?

The hostage scenes wouldn't have worked, first you'd have had the disbelief at how Zoe managed to move Alf after knocking him out, then Alf would've been all flamin' at her - he wouldn't have shown fear, whereas Sally did. Plus Kate Ritchie's "Why do bad things always happen to me?" acting as Sally is incredible.

It was originally supposed to be Dani Sutherland, which would have meant the storyline would have made a slight amount of sense (Zoe was Sarah's nurse and Sarah hated Dani), but Tammin Sursok left the show.

I don't know why people love this storyline so much. It was obviously Zoe from the beginning (gee, a ridiculously chipper new character shows up at the exact same time as a mysterious psycho starts terrorising the town. Hmmm.) and it made absolutely no sense. And then they really flogged the dead horse by bringing her back a year later, in what was also probably the worst ever case of the promos giving away the shocking surprise.

I think it was just a familiar horror movie plot played out over months on tv. I guess it depends on whether you like seeing the same thing over and over again (i.e. crazy person targets people she/he holds responsible for some other person's death, whether it makes logical sense or not) - it's the plot of about 90% of teen slasher movies. I personally have a whole collection of them! And I'm pretty sure Zoe was 50% the killer from Urban Legend and 50% Salem Stalker from Days Of Our Lives. Not at all an original concept,, but still very enjoyable if you happen to like that sort of thing. Just be grateful there wasn't a magical island of the dead and an escaped circus tiger involved like on DOOL!

And as for knowing it was Zoe all along, that's where suspension of disbelief comes in. You know that it PROBABLY won't be any of the protagonists who turn out to be the secret antagonist, but it's fun to entertain the thought that they COULD be. My favourite teen slasher movie, I Know What You Did Last Summer, does this by giving you extra motives for one of the protagonists to want to turn on the others, even though you know logically that they're all in exactly the same position from the start. Not that that's what you'd call high art cinema either, but again, very enjoyable :P

Archived