The Sets Thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

The sets used to be bright and inviting but today I find them dark and gloomy inside. The "daylight" may look more realistic but it makes the houses inside all look dull and depressing. The filmic look does not help. The sets in Neighbours look more inviting. Then again it is nearer to H&A than H&A is.

I'm the opposite ever since they've moved to the current studios 2009\10 the lighting has been improved imo. The new Morgan house idk the "daylight" does look abit much. Especially how they showed the exterior and it looked quite cold no sun on the house at all then inside it was really bright sun through all the windows etc (not the only house\set do that though).. They could've made it a little more realistic. But hey atleasts it's a new set house! 

Spoiler

I find the Morgan House set totally unrealistic and down from the newer sets they've used, it screams "this is a set", the layout is too similar to John's house. I'm very disapointed but mainly because the sets have been looking so fantastic and realistic lately that it seems very backwards.

4 hours ago, Fabulous_Jordyn said:

I'm the opposite ever since they've moved to the current studios 2009\10 the lighting has been improved imo.

Agreed, IMO the improvement in lighting since mid-2009 has been extraordinary, combined with the massive improvement in set quality since that time.

2 hours ago, Perry said:
  Hide contents

I find the Morgan House set totally unrealistic and down from the newer sets they've used, it screams "this is a set", the layout is too similar to John's house. I'm very disapointed but mainly because the sets have been looking so fantastic and realistic lately that it seems very backwards.

Spoiler

I agree. Although it's good to see a new permanent set, this one is far too similar in layout to John's house and is pretty unremarkable.

It's a similar feel with Brax/Nate/Ricky's flat, and the Diner set since they decided to add the exterior walkway and eliminate any realism the set had.

Having said that I do quite like the new flat set above the Diner.

5 hours ago, Perry said:
  Hide contents

I had high hopes after I saw the exterior location some time ago, but I'm a bit disappointed too, the interior certainly does seem to lack imagination - though in keeping with the thread title, I'm sure the back door is recycled from the drop-in centre :P

Not sure if this is the right place, but why in 

Spoiler

one of Ricky's final scenes (the one with Phoebe and Ash) was the scene shot from the Kitchen in the flat with the usual 4th wall as the backdrop? I found this very odd and wasn't sure if it was a continuity thing as they didnt want to or have the resources to make the rest of the set match the previous scenes with Brax that were shot months ago. This leads me to wonder if the set will have some sort of revamp soon or something...

33 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but why in 

Hide contents

one of Ricky's final scenes (the one with Phoebe and Ash) was the scene shot from the Kitchen in the flat with the usual 4th wall as the backdrop? I found this very odd and wasn't sure if it was a continuity thing as they didnt want to or have the resources to make the rest of the set match the previous scenes with Brax that were shot months ago. This leads me to wonder if the set will have some sort of revamp soon or something...

Spoiler

I didn't really think of it but it may have been to match the scenes with Brax which were filmed weeks before

Archived