The Sets Thread

I think the farmhouse, much like the townhouse, is/was one of the better of the sets introduced in the last couple of decades. Whilst I don't like the decor, it has lots of different spaces and entrance/exit points. I remember reading an interview with the original Home and Away set designer a few years back and he said that a good TV set has lots of ways for characters to come and go, which was his plan for Summer Bay House. If you look as well at the Stewart House, the Beach House, Fisher's second house in particular, the old Nash house, they all have lots of ways to get characters in and out of the set without having to interact with each other if need be. The current Braxton & Palmer houses struggle there.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually really pleased for once with the current show. We have seen a lot of new/old sets. We have seen Maddy's room, Kyle and Pheobe's room, Ash's van, Hannah's room, Josh's room, Sashas room, Matts room and Spencer and Chris's room all within the past 2 weeks. This makes me so happy because it shows us into the everyday lives of the characters.

I'm actually really pleased for once with the current show. We have seen a lot of new/old sets. We have seen Maddy's room, Kyle and Pheobe's room, Ash's van, Hannah's room, Josh's room, Sashas room, Matts room and Spencer and Chris's room all within the past 2 weeks. This makes me so happy because it shows us into the everyday lives of the characters.

Never thought about this but yeah, completely agree. There was a time when we saw basically nobody's bedroom besides 2 or 3 characters.

• 3 months later...

Question - is the house where Kim/Barry/Rachel used to live now where John/Gina/Jett/Marilyn live?

And whatever happened to the house where Roman/Nicole/Aden/Morag used to live?!

Yes it is the same house, just a little different looking inside! 

I have no idea, it just seemed to vanish without explanation unfortunately. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

What happened to Fisher's first and second place? I know Meg and her mum moved into the first one, but what happened to the second one (with it's warped counter)?

It was destroyed in the '95 bushfire

On 16 February 2015 at 6:25 PM, c120701 said:

The Beach House has gone between 3 and 4 bedrooms. I think it was originally 3 (2 up, one down) then it was 4 (3 up, 1 down) then 4 (2 up, 2 down as a door appeared at the bottom of the stairs) then 3 (2 up, 1 down) and then finally the door at the bottom of the stairs was removed again.

It's back to 4 rooms, 3 up and 1 down 

Archived