Left Behind (by Jen) - comments

This fic is soooooooooooooooooooo words BEAUTIFUL !!!!

I especially LOVED ......

“It’s clearly not nothing,” April insists, “Something’s got you in a mood. You were fine before.”

“I was a lot of things before.”

“Dex. You’ve got nothing to worry about. Cameron was saying that he’s seen a lot of cancer patients who –”

“Well, if Cameron says it, it must be true,” Dex pouts with a roll of his eyes.

“Seriously, Dex. What’s the matter?”

“You mean apart from my own body turning against me and growing mutant cells inside my head?”

“What are you doing here?” Indi asks in lieu of an actual greeting.

“Hi Dex, I’m so glad you’re here, visiting me and work. I miss hanging out with you and my sense of humour is nowhere near as sharp as yours,” Dex replies with a roll of his eyes.

“One, you hate exercise,” Indi points out. “Two, this is a girl’s class, and three, are you sure you’re up to it? I don’t want to have to pick up your lazy butt off the sand.”

Dex grins, “I don’t mind sharing with the ladies.” He glances down at the beach where the girls have started to arrive. They’re all around Indi’s age, in varying degrees of undress. Some are in crop tops, others in extremely short shorts, all showing a generous amount of skin.

AND the reference to Rosie [whom I’m adore – but am “putting through the wringer” in my latest fic] was cute too !!!!!

Well at least Dexter managed to get all the way to the end of Indi's fitness class. So that's sort of good.

Hmmm Dex and April Hopefully the tenison between them settles It's a hard thing to do though to watch someone you're close with move on without you.

Look forward to more :)

JarlieFanEver - Thank you so much :)

Romeo&Indi Forever - There has to be arguments, of course. I don't know if you could tell but I totally stole the 'Dex goes to the beach and joins Indi's class' from an actual episode. Flailing limbs and panting Dex will never not amuse me. Mine is a bit sadder than the one in the show, though.

Red Ranger - [learning the difference between saying "It's okay to move on" and seeing it happen] Yep, pretty much everything in a nutshell. The Indi/Dex dynamic will always be one of my favourites.

JosieTash - Can't leave Rosie out! (And that really dates this fic since she was still around when I started writing it.) Putting characters we like through the wringer is how we show affection, right? ... Right? :ph34r:

pembie - Thank you for reading. *Goes off to proof-read the next chapter*

Hmmmmm Dex seems to be in very bad shape, very weak now. Dare I say I don't think Dex will last much longer. The stand out scene for me was Dexter's head bobbing above the water and then vanishing that abit was very well done. Felt very ghostly and haunting feel to it.

Sasha's very sweet in this story.

Look forward to the next chapter

Edited by pembie

AWESOME, Jen !!!!

Sasha was rigt when she said they are going to GROUNDED FOR LIFE over what happned to Dex on the beach ............it's funny though, the skinny dipping bit - especailly since Sasha has, of course, done he whole naked swimming thing on the show.

Also loved ........

And it’s not lying if he is going to tell her eventually.

There’s silence and Dex wants to be able to explain. He wants the words to come so that he can tell April that it didn’t mean anything, she was just a hook up, and possibly only happened because Dex’s brain was being eaten from the inside, but nothing comes out.

“A boat that has awesome taste in beanies.”

Re Rosie adn the whole through the wringer thing, a crisis and the like is soooo much better for drama and everything [rather than all lovey dovey stuff] Oh, and on same subject, I paralysed Sasha in my previous fic [that continues in my current story] !!!

Edited by JosieTash

Great chapter glad Sasha and Dex got back before Sid found out about their little trip and not sure I like April moving on so quickly and Bianca being worried about April not going out much was a nice touch I look forward to more update again soon Jen :)

Edited by Romeo&Indi Forever