Left Behind (by Jen) - comments

I have to admit I thought the April and Cameron scene was going to end up with them kissing. It's sad to think that April is probably going to be moving slowly on from Dex with Cameron in the end.

I loved the way Casey was so frank with Dex about how things really are with all the pretending that everyone is doing. Casey spoke the truth but in a sort of amusing banter way I thought.

LOVED it !!!!!! ......especailly ......

• and you look like a zombie with the way you completely zone out
  • But it hasn’t escaped Dex that Sasha is always out of the house on days after he’s had chemo. Hasn’t seen Dex sprawled on the tiled floor, unable to keep his own head up straight through sheer exhaustion.
  • “You can totally get people to do whatever you want. You have the best in-built excuse ever. If I forget Tamara’s birthday then I’m in deep sh-t, but you could leave the stove on and burn the house down and then just say, ‘Oops. Cancer made me do it.’”
  • “I like Scrabble,” Dex says with a pout. “I haven’t played in ages, and I don’t dare bring it up with any of my family because they’ll just let me win. And besides, I’m not exactly in top form right now, so you’ll have a fighting chance.”
  • It’s possibly the most real and terrifying thing someone has told her.
  • “I should really get back to Dex. I left him at home with someone, and I’m not entirely convinced they won’t have killed each other by the end of the day.”
Edited by JosieTash

D'awww thanks so much everyone.

RR1, the Casey/Dex relationship has always been one of my favourites, even if it was only ever touched on during the show. They are so chalk and cheese, but somehow that works? Casey is deceptively smart. Not book-smart like Dex, but street-smart. He's a nice person for Dex to play off and interact with when it's not April.

pembie, I wish the show had given us more of a 'April and Dex try their best to only be friends while dating other people' storyline, so that when they did get back together it was more satisfying. Don't get me wrong, I want them to live Happily Ever After and have soccer team of children, but I still feel there reunion didn't have the same impact that it should have. Dex is trying to be okay with April seeing other people. April is trying to be okay with Dex not needing her every second of the day. It's a difficult balance to get.

:)

• Like 1