Left Behind (by Jen) - comments

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. Life was/is being very hectic so I'm a fail at uploading when I said I would, but I'll try to be better at it.

Slightly off topic here but I might be wrong here. But I'm thinking you might have seen the movie The Fault In Our Stars?

YES AND I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE INNUMERABLE FEELINGS I HAVE FOR THAT BOOK/MOVIE BUT ALSO I ALWAYS WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT BOOK/MOVIE. (It means a lot to me.) One might say I was inspired, but also some other fics I'd read in this similar genre for a different fandom. So I guess it's a culmination of things.

• Like 2

Just discovered this fic .......after having recently started posting my latest story ...and I HAVE to say that, Jen, your current labour of [fic] love is ......... totally EQUISITE!!!!!!!!

There’s sooooooo much to LOVE and ADORE in the chapters posted thus far. Indeed, I REALLY especially love .......

• Dex’s trademark sarcasm throughout;
  • Sasha’s reactions .....including biting down on her lips to stop herself crying;
  • Dex feeling like there was a grater inside his skull;
  • April and her thoughts of believing in fairytales & not looking under the bed for monsters;
  • Dex wondering how THIS could happen to a nerdy never do anything wrong uni student et al like him;
  • The whole Sasha/ Indi/ April chat that including Sash drawing the line at acting out scene with her bro’s action figures............ AND ......
  • Dex’s text to April ......the whole ”bell must be broken” scene

Also, I find it – deliberately or otherwise – ironic that Cameron Adam is this totally brainy uni lecturer dude, whereas 1980s and 90s actual H&A character Adam Cameron was such a “drop kick”!!!!

Thank you so much everyone. I always enjoy reading everyone's favourite bits and pieces. It's so cool as a 'writer' to see what stands out to each of you compared to when I was writing it.

Just discovered this fic .......after having recently started posting my latest story ...and I HAVE to say that, Jen, your current labour of [fic] love is ......... totally EQUISITE!!!!!!!!

There’s sooooooo much to LOVE and ADORE in the chapters posted thus far. Indeed, I REALLY especially love .......

• Dex’s text to April ......the whole ”bell must be broken” scene

Also, I find it – deliberately or otherwise – ironic that Cameron Adam is this totally brainy uni lecturer dude, whereas 1980s and 90s actual H&A character Adam Cameron was such a “drop kick”!!!!

Oh JosieTash, you are always the sweetest person when leaving comments in my fics. I totally didn't know about the Adam Cameron character! It's funny characters that we saw for a split-second on-screen always make me want to write endless fics about them. When I was writing this actually had to google what he was called but I knew there was that one guy who lectured April once and I was like, 'I need HIM in my FIC.' End of story.

Update tomorrow. (Hopefully!)

• Like 2

Muchly MUCHLY thanks for what you said bout my comments !!!!I

I didn't realise that Cameron Adam was on the show ....... it's like, i do loosely recall there being a lecturer like this [making things difficult for April] but i didn't realise that THAT was his name.

Edited by JosieTash

Muchly MUCHLY thanks for what you said bout my comments !!!!I

I didn't realise that Cameron Adam was on the show ....... it's like, i do loosely recall there being a lecturer like this [making things difficult for April] but i didn't realise that THAT was his name.

Oh I hope that's what his name was! Now I've done some more serious googling and maybe I invented the name - I don't remember. Oops! :blink: I have that episode in my head where he called April out on being a complete know-it-all so maybe I just latched on? Can we call it creative licence? (I also had no idea that those names had been used in combination together - You are a wealth of knowledge :) )