Left Behind (by Jen) - comments

Had a look on Wikipedia and it looks like the character you're thinking of was called Jake Twomey.Sorry, Jen!

I wasn't expecting to see Steph again, so that was a surprise, although it wasn't exactly smiles and well wishes.Lots of nice little touches like Sasha putting her foot in it and Dex's response.And autocorrect, the work of the devil...

Well Dex might be sick but he can still get April into his bed. :P No joking that was sweet and dare I say it touching. I have this feeling that you're leading us towards heartbreak by the end in some way.

I'm starting to wonder if it will be Dex who dies or someone else

His hair growing back could be a good sign that his getting slowly better?

Steph's return felt like she was in some ways visiting Dex for her own benefit.

Brilliant chapter

As BRILLIANT as ever !!!!

REALLY especially loved ........

- Dex's response to Sasha's "I would rather DIE ........ "

- Steph's "eating away at your filter" line

- the whole "Darren Criss" chat

- the "little spoon" / "it was just sleeping, in the most innocent sense of the word" sequence

Sooooooooooooooooooooo can't wait for more !!!!

Edited by JosieTash

It's only just occurred to me how strange these next couple of chapters are going to be given the state of the show at the moment. Clearly I had no idea what was coming when I wrote this. Also, I originally just wanted to write a one-shot of Casey having to baby-sit Dex after the crash, but then there was that nice moment with Romeo on the show and I couldn't ever fit this in, so I wrote it into this story. It makes me oddly sad now.

• Like 1

Sooooooooooooo gripping and emotional, especially .....

• Now, all he thinks is how the circle of life continues, even though something is dead. The cheetah saw the antelope as nothing but prey, devouring every scrap of meat until it was nothing but a carcass. Did it all without any sense of guilt or shame, and doesn’t even register that it is no longer alive. It just gets on with its day. If things don’t work out, if all of this fighting is futile, then is Dex just sitting prey, waiting for the cheetah to come along? And if it strikes, will life go on without him as if nothing happened.

• This is what he has been reduced to; watching tv and struggling to change the channel. He used to be so much more, and it’s almost scary; the velocity at which he has fallen.

• Dex shakes his head, ferociously this time, knows that’s exactly what he doesn’t want. This is the first time since the hospital that he’s been left alone, albeit with Casey Braxton – who clearly has better things to do – and he’s not going to let his failing body ruin it. He also can’t have April think he can’t do this on his own. He needs to be able to do this without her.

• If his lip so much as quivered as a kid, Heath would promptly punch him in the ribs and tell him to stop being such a girl. Now, Dex is tearing up over something as inconsequential as a tv remote and Casey is so out of his depth.

ADORED it !!!!!!!!

Edited by JosieTash