New Stalker?

Guest whoareyou

Not at the moment. Perhaps a few years they could do another stalker story.

As for Bertram, he had a brain tumour which made him lose his marbles a bit and be the "Nutter".

I'm not sure if he had a brain tumour but he definitely had a head trauma due to the road accident caused by Bobby and Carly when they rolled Martin's ute down the road towards Walter's incoming car which he was occupying at the time in one of the first few episodes ever in the show. Bobby and Carly didn't intend to hurt Walter at all hence I said it was a 'road accident' as they were trying to get revenge against Martin and Lance for some reason.

I was hooked by the Summer Bay Nutter storyline I must say as well.

Possibly. It has been nearly 10 years since the stalker saga. I just think Home And Away has gone a bit soft, I know it's a soap but they could spice it up a bit. I like the suggestions about the "whodunit" storyline. Those are great, they work well in english soaps and I'm sure they're easy to do but interesting. Like when we have the dinner blow up and stuff like that and the car crash involving maddie and casey it was a bit like "meh". I really wasn't that bothered. The show's missing a bit of tension.

I think the original 'Summer Bay nutter' storyline in 1988 was the best, scariest and most emotional of all stalker related storylines. Even though what he did was rather tame compared to later stalkers, I think the general 'creep' factor was alot higher, because throughout, there was this idea that he was some old psychopath from the farmlands (texas chainsaw massacre- style)

The scene when Pippa is hanging out washing at night and then he starts talking to her through the bushes (end of episode 93) is one of H&A's most chilling scenes ever imo, and the phonecall scene a little earlier was also very creepy... oh and another majorly scary cliffhanger to come of that storyline was when Steven, Carly and Narelle were camping and they hear noises coming from the nearby abandoned house, then the camera tracks through the empty house until we see a guy sobbing under a sheet in a very dark room (End of 183)

That storyline also had a great emotional strand, with some very touching scenes with Pippa and (surprisingly) Colleen showing great compassion towards him when it was revealed he was acting out of a mental illness and not evil.

The approach to the Zoe storyline was a bit trashy in comparison.

Haven't seen all the H&A ep's. Started around 2004 or so. Sounds kinda cool though. Wish they'd do something like that but mix it up a bit. I'm kind of becoming a bit bored of repetitive with like the mangro river kids and the whole Maddie and Josh story line and the whole Casey, Tamara, Kyle triangle that looks like it could start again. I really wouldn't mind someone working with the cops again. That might open up some new doors.

I think the original 'Summer Bay nutter' storyline in 1988 was the best, scariest and most emotional of all stalker related storylines. Even though what he did was rather tame compared to later stalkers, I think the general 'creep' factor was alot higher, because throughout, there was this idea that he was some old psychopath from the farmlands (texas chainsaw massacre- style)

The scene when Pippa is hanging out washing at night and then he starts talking to her through the bushes (end of episode 93) is one of H&A's most chilling scenes ever imo, and the phonecall scene a little earlier was also very creepy... oh and another majorly scary cliffhanger to come of that storyline was when Steven, Carly and Narelle were camping and they hear noises coming from the nearby abandoned house, then the camera tracks through the empty house until we see a guy sobbing under a sheet in a very dark room (End of 183)

That storyline also had a great emotional strand, with some very touching scenes with Pippa and (surprisingly) Colleen showing great compassion towards him when it was revealed he was acting out of a mental illness and not evil.

The approach to the Zoe storyline was a bit trashy in comparison.

Agreed, Andrew. That was probably the most effective and creepy stalker storyline. That scene you're talking about when Pippa is talking to him through the bushes really is creepy. And one of my favourite scenes when Pippa shows her trust in him and lets him hold Chris.

Oh no, we had enough of the 'Police era' of H&A from 2004-2009. We don't need to go back to that!

I'd like the odd dark story line every once in a while that is well written.

I prefer "police era" (2004-2009) more than the "gangster era" (2011 and onwards). Back then it was more H&A in the bottom. The thugs came from outside, and the police tried to fix it.

But now the thugs are respected people in the bay.... more or less... and has divided the show in two parts. And none of the parts are "looking good". It has become the silly and nagging ones on one side, and the thugs on the other side. The writing of the main characters was better and more consistent in the "police era". But to make the thugs work like regular cast/charachters they need to ignore a lot of storylines that they have done/are doing with the characters, just to make them work in the long term. And that makes the show very inconsistent, and for me very frustrating...

I liked the threats coming from outside instead (guest casts), because then it just strengthened the community feeling, and the main characters were better written.

I didn't like the 'police era' or the 'hospital era' or any themed years, but I agree that at least the show felt slightly connected to the original premise.

Now that they've changed the format, I wonder how they can move forward because like I've said before, they've backed themselves into a corner with this style of writing.

Archived