Diversity

cadyctslover

6 hours ago, John said:

Having a black character wouldn't be any sort of a stretch these days.  The very conservative church I attend has a number of African families.  It would simply be reflecting Australian society as it is.

Indeed. I have a couple of African families move into my street a couple of years ago. Very nice people.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to wonder if the Morgans are mixed race. Like I'm wondering if either their mum or dad were people of colour because not only does Justin look like a POC, but his daughter looks like a POC too. And the actor who plays Justin is a POC. I also think Mason could pass as a POC. (I'm not sure what the actor's ethnicity is though). I think it'd be really good representation because there aren't many POC characters on the show. 

20 hours ago, fangirloverload101 said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Morgans are mixed race. Like I'm wondering if either their mum or dad were people of colour because not only does Justin look like a POC, but his daughter looks like a POC too. And the actor who plays Justin is a POC. I also think Mason could pass as a POC. (I'm not sure what the actor's ethnicity is though). I think it'd be really good representation because there aren't many POC characters on the show. 

How is it good when we have to guess? It would be nice if they acknowledged it. Why is it so hard for this show to hire someone with dark skin?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Even leaving out things like race and sexuality there's barely and diversity within the characters they do have! Years ago the characters were far more defined from each other than now. 

Indeed. The teens characteristics have basically been recycled & recycled since the Cassie/Ric/Lucas/Matilda days.

I prefer dark-skin men, they are more attractive so I think Mason and Justin are very good looking men. It makes no sense that Tori is their sister though, unless they had 1 Australian parent and 1 foreign parent. Jack Wilson's actor had a diverse background too, probably why he was nice looking too.

What is a POC?

^ Person Of Colour?

Is there anything that can be done about this situation? Network 7 should be ashamed of this behaviour, but it is not being talked about in Australian media as far as I am aware.

The last time I can remember this issue in the news was when Jay Laga'aia was written out, and accused the show of making the decision based on his ethnicity.

39 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I prefer dark-skin men, they are more attractive so I think Mason and Justin are very good looking men. It makes no sense that Tori is their sister though, unless they had 1 Australian parent and 1 foreign parent.

It's been established that their mother Kate was Caucasian and their father Koby was Asian :wink:

Archived