Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

^Yes, but there were times in the late 80s/early 90s when there was only about four of them, rather than three quarters of the cast.

Well now most of the cast are over 18 so vj and jet are the only teens

I would say there still quite few teens Spencer, Maddie,Josh,Sasha tto name a few

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yes, but there were times in the late 80s/early 90s when there was only about four of them, rather than three quarters of the cast.

I would say there still quite few teens Spencer, Maddie,Josh,Sasha tto name a few

Spencer is 24, Maddie is 23, Sasha is 20 and Josh is 23. Also considering the actors that play Jett and Vj is born in 1997 they to will soon be over 18

Spencer is 24, Maddie is 23, Sasha is 20 and Josh is 23. Also considering the actors that play Jett and Vj is born in 1997 they to will soon be over 18

Spencer, Maddie and Josh are 17, Oscar and Evelyn are 16 years old. Tamara and Sasha are 17/18.

Spencer, Maddie and Josh are 17, Oscar and Evelyn are 16 years old. Tamara and Sasha are 17/18.

In wikipedia it says 1989, 1990 and 1993

After a few recent posts where you've made the same mistake, I must ask that you please remember to distinguish between actor ages and character ages - they are very rarely the same with most actors being older than the character they play. It's confusing for others when you state as fact that a character is a certain age but are incorrectly basing it on the actor's age.

After a few recent posts where you've made the same mistake, I must ask that you please remember to distinguish between actor ages and character ages - they are very rarely the same with most actors being older than the character they play. It's confusing for others when you state as fact that a character is a certain age but are incorrectly basing it on the actor's age.

I understand

I don't think the current producers are ruining the show.

Its not like it used to be, but i do feel that this year in general was a huge improvement from previous years.

The producers have been putting more of an emphasis on family and writing some storylines that were needed and some a bit different than usual.

Family:

Kyle - trying to fit in. Fixing everything from the background

Walkers - them leaving is a huge loss to the show

Zac/Hannah/Oscar/Evelyn (even if people find it horrible and annoying its still family based)

Roo/Maddy (even if people find it horrible and annoying its still family based)

Harvey giving advice to Spencer

Chris - bringing family for Spencer. nice lighthearted addition to the show.

Custody battle for Darcy

Adoption storyline with Jett

Jett and John

Storylines:

Reopening the gym! (I missed the gym and i love the new set). Was a good job for Romeo (even for the little time he had working) and it gave Indi good storylines.

Having Romeo bail on Indi - even though it was a cancer storyline, it wasn't a fairytale sort of ending like Belle/Aden and Sally/Flynn. It gave great aftermath storylines and it really got viewers thinking and talking and worked up about how selfish/or not selfish romeo was.

Gina's death - handled very well and was very eerie with her seeing herself. Thank god it wasnt a car crash since we had one last year

Rosie - all around awesome and gave Sasha a break from relationships and made her even awesomer

Winston's stint - every entertaining. Gave Harvey and Marylin funny storylines

Heath studying - good move. very needed. Nice friendship with Dex

Dr Bradley - nice temporary change. Didn't let April get away with anything and pulled her into line.

Giving Marilyn a purpose and happy storylines. Her and Winston, Her and Johh. Summer Bay Bus Tours was a good change

Putting Brax in jail (very much needed IMO even though I don't mind him)

Chris moving into Irene's. About time!!!!! Love all their scenes.

Summer Bay and Mangrove River merge - nice to have some school centered storylines

Leah working at the school - also very needed. Leah needed a different storyline than just working in the diner doing nothing.

Yes, it has negatives (ex: Tamara - not even going to go there)

HAA is not anywhere close to perfect, but its getting better. We just need to focus on the positive.

Wow sorry that was so long

I don't think the current producers are ruining the show.

Its not like it used to be, but i do feel that this year in general was a huge improvement from previous years.

I agree it's certainly better than the dreadful 2012 season.

But I consider the improvement similar to that of the 2011 Neighbours season over 2009/10. As in... better than a hole in the head.

Archived