Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion about the production is that they now need to do something to create a balance. A lot of longtime viewers from the start are not very keen on Brax and co

But they have attracted a lot of new different viewers. But the older characters need more screen time. A lot of longtime viewers seemed to have switched off. But if they got rid of the Braxtons the new viewers would switch off. So they have a dilemma. They still need to keep the Braxtons but they need even out storylines fairly. They need to entice some of the old viewers back with some of the older characters featuring more. Sometimes it would be nice if the Braxtons could blend in with the other people like we would in real life on a day to day basis ie just popping to the diner etc. I know soaps feature more crime and hospital dramas these days but maybe they should tone it down a bit more. We shouldn't be used to seeing hospitals and police in a lot of episodes of soaps. They need to explore the lives of resident doctors and cops in other areas more ie their personal life. However I think crime has toned down since 2011. So the producers need to create more of a balance essentially. I've enjoyed the school and family stories this year. The family stories should feature more. Rather than crime stories Heath should have more stories with his daughter Darcy. Bevan Lee is apparently executive network script producer (or something along these lines) so it would be nice for him to give advice to current script writers or write some scripts himself. Lastly, in regards to location filming it would be realistic to see to see characters outside their houses more. I like the location for the Palmer and Braxton houses. But we need locations for Irene's, Leah's and most importantly Summer Bay house (which we were promised years ago). Hopefully we'll see the outside of the surf club again.

Sorry my post has been so long but I was trying to be objective. Hopefully in future the producers will strive to keeo both new and longtime viewers watching the show :)

My opinion about the production is that they now need to do something to create a balance. A lot of longtime viewers from the start are not very keen on Brax and co

But they have attracted a lot of new different viewers. But the older characters need more screen time. A lot of longtime viewers seemed to have switched off. But if they got rid of the Braxtons the new viewers would switch off. So they have a dilemma. They still need to keep the Braxtons but they need even out storylines fairly. They need to entice some of the old viewers back with some of the older characters featuring more. Sometimes it would be nice if the Braxtons could blend in with the other people like we would in real life on a day to day basis ie just popping to the diner etc. I know soaps feature more crime and hospital dramas these days but maybe they should tone it down a bit more. We shouldn't be used to seeing hospitals and police in a lot of episodes of soaps. They need to explore the lives of resident doctors and cops in other areas more ie their personal life. However I think crime has toned down since 2011. So the producers need to create more of a balance essentially. I've enjoyed the school and family stories this year. The family stories should feature more. Rather than crime stories Heath should have more stories with his daughter Darcy. Bevan Lee is apparently executive network script producer (or something along these lines) so it would be nice for him to give advice to current script writers or write some scripts himself. Lastly, in regards to location filming it would be realistic to see to see characters outside their houses more. I like the location for the Palmer and Braxton houses. But we need locations for Irene's, Leah's and most importantly Summer Bay house (which we were promised years ago). Hopefully we'll see the outside of the surf club again.

Sorry my post has been so long but I was trying to be objective. Hopefully in future the producers will strive to keeo both new and longtime viewers watching the show :)

So only people who started watching in 2011 likes Brax and co? i started watching in 2001 and i like Brax and co...

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to stereotype. I've been watching since I was little and I also like the Braxtons. I was just referring to quite a few of the opinions I've read on here and various network sites. I didn't mean to cause any offence there :)

Well i must have misunderstood then, i remember seeing comments many places from people saying the Braxtons saved the show and how boring it was before they came, i kinda agree because their storylines was more exciting then anything from 2010

Apring 1993 after Five years of watching Home and Away I stopped watching it as the programme had started to go downhill and storylines being repeated with new characters.

Summer 2005 after twelve years I started watching Home and Away on a regular basis again as Cornelia Frances and other good actors were in the Programme. Great edge of seat drama and unmissable episodes.

Autumn 2013 I have a few episodes on Sky+ which I have not seen and decide to delete them as nothing entices me to watch Home and Away again.

I ask this question - Is Home & Away Dead - Beyond Repair?

I'm not sure.

It's "stuck" in many ways, I think. Has been since 2005 IMO. It hasn't developed or really moved forward as a daily drama for quite a few years now.

They just repeat the same small number of storylines constantly and it's left Home and Away in a really bad position.

For those who watch EastEnders, there is a new EP (Dominic-Treadwell-Collins) who last night gave several interviews detailing his vision for the show and what he plans to do with characters. He is planning to 'shake up' the programme and take it into the 21st century.

Now, those are good things to hear from any new producer of a TV show, whether they deliver is another matter. Needless to say, Dominic is a man who is passionate for EastEnders and wants to put in the maximum effort.

How long has it been since Home and Away had a producer (or Script Producer) who actually seemed to have a passion and a vision for the show and its future? The vibes I get from Lucy and Louise is that they are doing it because they have to produce 5 episodes of TV a week, not because they have a love and vision for Home and Away in the long-term. In interviews they don't seem to go into any great detail about characters or what's in store for them, which is a shame and makes them look bad IMO.

I think it's time for a shake-up. Do you think that Home and Away will get a producer who understands the past and how to take the show forward? It's vital for H&A's future that this happens (and soon) or I fear that it'll be on borrowed time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived