Any viewers who started watching post 2000 who enjoy TEY?

Guest beau_t

I've been watching since 2000, but do remember bits and pieces before that, but not very well as I was too young.

Since New Years Day, I wanted to start doing a Home and Away Marathon starting from the Pilot which first aired in 1988. Now I'm up to episode 371 which aired in August 1989. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the episodes in full. It's the first time where I've properly followed each episode and there's a noticeable difference from the current show to the Early Years.

Only really old enough to remember mid 90s onwards because my elder brothers watched it. Some characters I remember clearly like Angel but not Shane which is a bit weird but my brother loved Shane so I will be letting him know when Shane appears in TEY soonish. Would say my first memory of a storyline is Michael dying. I absolutely love TEY - more than the current show. The most interesting thing for me has been seeing Fisher and Ailsa from the start - 2 of my favourites but of course I never appreciated how little I actually knew of them in the history of the show! And learning that there was an original Pippa...

Bobby has been an amazing discovery too and part of the Fisher story. Never knew about her. In the first episodes I wondered how she was so popular but I now understand. She has grown so much over 4 years as a person, you just don't see that in the current show if you ask me. Great character.

I didn't watch between 2003ish after Fisher and Vinnie had gone and 2008 bar the odd episode but seen most of that era on youtube since

Oh and it's great with the themetune before each episode and at end as well - really adds to my enjoyment. The 2nd version will always be my favourite though. That and the cast shots really captured the essence of the show in my opinion

Started watching it in 2003 when they where showing the episodes in 2001, think it was around that time flynn encountered that troubled kid and he passed out later, kinda hard to remember because its so long ago, 2008 is my favorite year of the show ,so many characters has left):

Although I watched 1991 the first time, I pretty much can't remember any of it whatsoever so it's enjoyable. It's certainly quite an individual year, in that it feels completely different to both 1990 and 1992 (from what I can remember).

• 2 months later...

I started watching H&A in 2007 I think (Sally's stabbing), and have been watching on & off since then. So I've enjoyed having TEY to watch now to see how it all starts. It's fun to see older characters when they were originally on the show and how they are now on the show (Marilyn, Roo, etc).

Archived