Chris Harrington - Johnny Ruffo

Yes Chris is one of those versatile characters who can almost interact with anyone in the cast. I was quite pessimistic about the casting of Johnny Ruffo but I've been pleasantly surprised by how well he's done with the material considering the little acting experience he had before he joined the show.

Chris has been a much better and well-defined character than someone like Spencer for instance.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

In someways I feel Chris is a sort of replacement for Dexter As in being the comic character.

But I do like Chris and the comedy that his character brings. And I enjoy his scenes with Irene they make a good double act. I tend to enjoy the comedy characters far more than the serious ones.

• Like 4

I dislike that they are going to make him the new Dex.. (Dex is still around for a few weeks here in Norway). But I see that they are going to use Chris only for comedy, they already do, and I really think that is wrong.

What I didn't like with Dex was that serious storylines was made to be kind of quirky and funny. I don't want Chris to have storylines like that. I want him to have some funny things to do now and then, but I also wish that the writers could develop Chris' more serious side. I think they should dig deeper in the relationship with him and Spencer..., and I think they should go develop and explore the relationship with Chris and his parents.

And I also wish that serious storylines could be treated like serious ones with drama, also for non-Braxtons, and use these storyline to develop the characters. I want to see characters like Spencer, Chris cry too for real reasons not only silly love stories.

I don't want the whole show to be too serious, but I think it is pointless and completely wrong to use one half of the cast for more "shallow" and underdeveloped storylines, quirky and funny storylines and the other half for the serious stuff.

To get to know the characters more, we need to be shown deeper storylines with all the new characters. And then brighten up the show up with happy storylines now and then for everyone.

Chris has so much potential, and I saw in the beginning and a bit with Indi that Johny Ruffo as Chris is capable of doing other things than just comedy. I honestly think he is underrated, and a lot of people judged him when he came into the show. And the only reason was that he had been on Australian Idol or X-factor... I don't think that he is will be dominating in big Hollywood movies soon, but seriously he is better than a lot of others on the show.. H&A has a good mix of actors of different qualities.

From what I have seen with him and Irene, I really like their scenes together... They have good on-screen chemistry which is important also in non-romantic relationships, friendship and conversations. Irenes scenes with Bianca and April were never really good to me, because I thought that something was missing between the characters. Chris and Irenes chemistry is much better, and I want them not only to have funny scenes, but also serious and deep talks..

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

I think the whole thing with Sean was played straight as well:We saw during that that, for all his clowning, Chris is good in a crisis and really cares about his new surrogate family, and he did seriously regret hurting Sean, even though it wasn't really him.Johnny Ruffo's obviously got good comic timing and it makes sense to make use of that, as long as we see the other side of the character as well.I agree that if he'd been some unknown, rather than known for something else, people wouldn't have been expecting him to fail so much.

Well, I consider everybody getting poisoned from Chris's risotta a very serious storyline. And we saw, that he has conscience and deeply regrets about his foolish actions.

Deeply regrets are not enough in a situation when you have almost killed someone. He should be devastated... almost hysterical, actually. I haven't seen it... But I have a feeling.

We have just seen Chris' reaction to Spencer joining the cult, here. And whilst I think that Johny Ruffo did a great job in the few scenes he was in, I think that the writers and producers did not make enough out of Chris role as Spencers brother in that storyline. He should be the most worried person, and we should have seen more scenes of him and less with Sasha. And we should have seen him react as a family member, contacting the parents for example.

I have a feeling that it will be the same with later "heavier" storylines with Chris... That we are not seeing enough hard feelings, and not seeing enough of him after something has happened.

Edited by jodlebirger