Chris Harrington - Johnny Ruffo

As I have said before, I really like Chris.. He is one of the best characters in 2014 season (we are 5 months behind). I still think they aren't used to their potential.. and that really irritates me. I also think that he should be allowed to grow up a little and I want to see him more like a big brother to Spencer. We have seen some hints, and I really like that.

I also think that it was a mistake to make Chris 10 years older from the beginning... I think that destroyed his introduction a bit. He isn't mature enough to be 10 years older than his brother, and having all this world around experience. I think he is like 2-3 years older than Spencer.. that is more realistic.

But both his and Spencer's intro should have been done more properly.

But I still love Chris. I really fear that he will just have some funny lines here and there, and then he will be gone in a few months time in Australian pace without exploring him and Spencer further. It is so refreshing to have a relationship between two brothers on the show, which is not based on violence, manipulation and crime.

• Like 1

As I have said before, I really like Chris.. He is one of the best characters in 2014 season (we are 5 months behind). I still think they aren't used to their potential.. and that really irritates me. I also think that he should be allowed to grow up a little and I want to see him more like a big brother to Spencer. We have seen some hints, and I really like that.

I also think that it was a mistake to make Chris 10 years older from the beginning... I think that destroyed his introduction a bit. He isn't mature enough to be 10 years older than his brother, and having all this world around experience. I think he is like 2-3 years older than Spencer.. that is more realistic.

But I still love Chris. I really fear that he will just have some funny lines here and there, and then he will be gone in a few months time in Australian pace without exploring him and Spencer further. It is so refreshing to have a relationship between two brothers on the show, which is not based on violence, manipulation and crime.

Heh, when did they say he was 10 years older?

I'm afraid I really find Chris annoying as well. He constantly pushes into situations where he has no place and stays in people's faces long after he should get the hint and simply go away. I don't find him either lovable or endearing. In fact I'm always surprised he doesn't get his nose punched much more often.

I very often enjoy reading some of your thoughts but have to admit, you were the last person I would have expected to say that. It's refreshing to know that there are people here that actually DON'T like Chris (or at least don't love him) and can see him for the annoying, useless buffoon he is. And I think it's good to restore some parity to this thread as so many people here seem to think he's a ray of sunshine. Regarding your last sentence, I mentioned a couple of days ago in another thread that a lot of the time I feel like punching him because of his behaviour. And I agree about him getting in people's faces. There was one episode where he grassed Andy up to the police and even though Alf was right to throw Andy out from the Caravan park (and he deserved everything he got afterwards), when Andy went after Chris, I wanted him to knock seven bells out of Chris just to put him out of action for a while and take him down a peg or two. And I was disappointed that Andy let it go.

I'm in the "endearing" camp, although I accept that I've lambasted enough of other people's favourite characters that other forum members have the right to dislike mine.I've seen the comparison to Dexter and, while I accept they fulfil similar roles, I think in some respects the characters are very different: Dexter was consciously funny, making sarcastic comments to get other people to laugh, whereas Chris is someone without filters, who says the first thing that comes into his head and wonders why everyone's looking at him strangely.He does push people too far sometimes but his saving grace, and why the characters largely let things go, is that he does genuinely care about Spencer and others and in most cases his intentions are good.The result is that when other people hit back I tend to view them as bullies: Denny pushing him off the wharf when he was trying to help Spencer in his own Chris way felt like an overreaction at best, and Chris was perfectly in the right to report Andy to the police for drug dealing and it's just a shame they showed their usual incompetence and it was largely for nothing.I think the fact that Chris is a character almost entirely without malice, who feels guilty at hurting a violent criminal who was threatening him and his surrogate family, means it's very hard for other characters to be malicious towards him without looking bad.

• Like 1

Heh, when did they say he was 10 years older?

It was mentioned early that he was much older than Spencer, and had travelled around the world... which was a bit stupid, because he is not like someone who has experienced a lot of the world, the opposite actually.

And then I read on the official page on Chris character profile a long while ago that he was meant to be 10 years older than Spencer....

So that means hes turning 29 in the show this year, lol that´s just to funny :lol:

Yes... exactly... I wish the writers was more consistent with the writing of the character... and give them backstory and age that fit the storylines. Now they are changing age and personality all the time.

Chris' personality has been consistent (but with too little development), but his age (and the rest of the backstory) isn't fitting with the character's personality and storylines. I think these details are important, and I wish that these things were done better with all the characters.

I actually though he was 2 years older then Spencer or something :P

That would have been more realistic, yes.. And to be honest I think the storylines hints more towards that age difference, than the big age gap between the brohters it was meant to be.

And Johnny Ruffo doesn't look much older than Andrew Morley.

I actually though he was 2 years older then Spencer or something :P

That would have been more realistic, yes.. And to be honest I think the storylines hints more towards that age difference, than the big age gap between the brohters it was meant to be.

And Johnny Ruffo doesn't look much older than Andrew Morley.

Aren´t they both born in 1989?