What do we all think of Celia's return so far?

Guest Blaxland 89

I was a bit concerned by her first episode, in which she came across as a caricature of herself who just seemed to be there to cause trouble between Roo and Harvey.But since then, whether it's the acting or the writing or a combination of the two, I think she's very much rung true and material that, on paper, might have seemed out of character has actually seemed pretty plausible.

It was great to see her return, but I feel like that Celia's character doesn't fit into the current Home and Away format. I was willing to give the 'gambling addiction' storyline a chance but I was quite letdown by it, as it had no impact whatsoever. After Sheldon departed, Celia's gambling problems were almost forgotten and never spoken of again. I thought that was an unrealistic portrayal as someone with a gambling addiction doesn't forget about within a week. It usually takes year and even then the temptation to gamble again especially when you're an addict is still present after many years.

I liked her last week on the show when she was trying to help Heath, and I thought the continuity was great when Celia discussed her fiancé Les who died in Vietnam, and that she decided to give her engagement ring to Heath. During the early years Celia was very close and connected to the ring, it was a major step in her life to give it to Heath. I think after almost over 40 years since his death, Celia has now officially moved on from Les.

I thought it was a shame that Celia couldn't of stuck around for longer. Especially with the writers decision to give her a gambing addiction storyline. Surely it would take a person with that probelm a while longer than a couple of weeks to overcome it.

I found her scenes with Heath very random. What would make Celia think that Heath and Bianca were mean't to be together, let alone get married? How come she never sold that ring to clear some of her debts? Wouldn't it have been better than giving it away to a stranger?

I enjoyed her character though I never watched the show when she was there first time round. Shame she never stayed for abit longer

Archived