Fave version of theme song

Guest CaptainHulk

The 1995 version is my favourite, very soulful and captured the essence of the show well.

Although the early 2007 (Israel Cannan) version is completely different from that of 1995, and the singing is a little weird and Americanised, it's one of my guilty pleasures, and would be my second choice. Although it doesn't suit the show, I really like the rock guitar-based sound of it too.

As for the worst version I'd have to say the later 2007 version (Luke Dolahenty). Too vanilla and safe, vocally and instrumentally, and completely devoid of emotion in my opinion.

Mine used to be 95, as it sounds like something from very hot and sunny place, having good time there. But the original theme seems to have some inocence with it, making you think what good times were when it was originally aired and making you to want to go to those times. Also combined with opening theme video, which shows seagulls, pelicans with black and other color 80's graphics makes you think just how peaceful and warm Summer Bay looked 25-20 years ago.

I also liked the ending theme part that was used until 2000 where piano(in later years sax) music plays and both singers sing "oooo oooh". It gives the feeling that another day in Summer Bay has ended, and I really miss it in current episodes.

I like the original too but it's not my favourite.

My favourite version of the theme song is probably the 2004-2006 version. I especially liked the closing theme. It wasn't too long and it wasn't ridiculously short either. The instrumental is nice too.

Same here LaMurray. I loved the theme song from those years and the show was fantastic during this period.

The Israel Cannan version god... That was terrible! WORST version by far. Even the rushed Dolahenty/Stokes version beats it.

"Hooold me in yoh arrhms, Dooohn lat me gooooh, I want to staaay fohevaaar, Closaaar ich deeey hoome and aweeeh!" (I do look it up sometimes just for a laugh when I'm miserable)

Plus that guitar sounded way out of tune.

There's a clip on youtube with that version of song completely slowed down and it sounds like he's drunk.

But back to 1995, the song complements the visuals outside of the cast; Snorkellers, Girls and their BFs playing Chicken, Volleyball, Diving, Boogie Boarding (Dude's hat comes off).

Archived