New Forum

Guest Chris J

Something that I noticed when I was out last night which has improved dramatically as a result of the upgrade is browsing from a mobile phone. Before when I used my HTC it displayed the normal website where the whole page would be displayed on screen. Obviously the writing and hyperlinks to the various sub-forums would be very small so very often I would have to navigate around the whole screen zoom in, select the sub-forum then zoom out again so I could see the text and read the posts. It was often quite difficult as I would frequently click on the wrong forum, would have to select the back button on the browser and from there wait for the previous page to load again before finding the correct sub-forum. Now there is an actual mobile version of the Back to the Bay forum, which basically has the various sub-forums directly underneath each other nicely grouped together without the spacing you would get when using a normal machine. So I just have to move up and down and simply select where I want to go and I'm in. Also it's a lot easier to read the posts now as they fit perfectly on a single screen and do not require me to zoom in and out, only move up and down - Nice and simple! :P

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eeeek, I'm so late to the party! :lol: Fantastic upgrade! I remember it being problematic a good while ago, so congrats on being able to upgrade it without losing half the site (I think that's what the main obstacle was - maybe I'm mistaken?).

It is actually quite pretty! :o And I like how you can easily switch between the forum, the members, and the website!

Edit: LOVING the "like" feature on the posts!

Eeeek, I'm so late to the party! :lol: Fantastic upgrade! I remember it being problematic a good while ago, so congrats on being able to upgrade it without losing half the site (I think that's what the main obstacle was - maybe I'm mistaken?).

It is actually quite pretty! :o And I like how you can easily switch between the forum, the members, and the website!

It seems like everyone is too scared to make the first step to 'like' a post. Maybe everyone was really used to the old system and everyone is finding this feature hard to adapt to :wink:

My avatar still is missing and I had it specially made. :( Will I have to go in and upload it myself again?

I've gone in and added your old avatar for you :)

Thanks Chris! :)

It seems like everyone is too scared to make the first step to 'like' a post. Maybe everyone was really used to the old system and everyone is finding this feature hard to adapt to

Where is this Like feature people are referring to?

Hey Natasha

Like this its in faded blue on the bottom right hand corner. Just above the quote button. :)

You can only see it on other people's posts though I think not your own.

Hope this helps.

That's right. You can't see it on your posts. Only other posters can 'like' your posts.

Something that I noticed when I was out last night which has improved dramatically as a result of the upgrade is browsing from a mobile phone. Before when I used my HTC it displayed the normal website where the whole page would be displayed on screen. Obviously the writing and hyperlinks to the various sub-forums would be very small so very often I would have to navigate around the whole screen zoom in, select the sub-forum then zoom out again so I could see the text and read the posts. It was often quite difficult as I would frequently click on the wrong forum, would have to select the back button on the browser and from there wait for the previous page to load again before finding the correct sub-forum. Now there is an actual mobile version of the Back to the Bay forum, which basically has the various sub-forums directly underneath each other nicely grouped together without the spacing you would get when using a normal machine. So I just have to move up and down and simply select where I want to go and I'm in. Also it's a lot easier to read the posts now as they fit perfectly on a single screen and do not require me to zoom in and out, only move up and down - Nice and simple! :P

Agreed, the new format makes navigation on iPhones far better too. That's another useful feature of the upgrade.

It seems like everyone is too scared to make the first step to 'like' a post. Maybe everyone was really used to the old system and everyone is finding this feature hard to adapt to :wink:

Jezz I noticed this feature, and just tried to 'like' your post to try it out. But it says: 'An error occurred, You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day', which is funny because I've never 'liked' a post before using this feature.

Jezz I noticed this feature, and just tried to 'like' your post to try it out. But it says: 'An error occurred, You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day', which is funny because I've never 'liked' a post before using this feature.

Yes I noticed that now as well, when I wanted to see it for myself by 'liking' your post, but I got the same error as well. Obviously there's some issue here and the admin needs to sort it out.

Initially, I just thought people were too afraid to use it to start off with, but now I don't think this is the case.

Archived