New Forum

Guest Chris J

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you be able to do a bit of testing for me? Does it let you add a user who you were ignoring on the old forum onto the new ignored users list? If so, if you then temporarily remove them from that list, do their posts show up, or do they continue to be ignored?

OK did a bit of testing:

I chose one of the users I was ignoring on the old forum.

Added them to the ignored users list on the new forum.

Their posts were still ignored.

Removed them from the ignored users list.

Their posts now showed.

So it looks as if the only problem is the old list is not showing automatically on the new forum although it is being acted on.

NB I closed my browser session between each of the above actions, although I did not sign out of my BTTB account - stayed signed in automatically.

I wasn't sure where to ask this but, so I thought that I would ask it here. I want to post a video that I made from youtube, but I couldn't find the code to post it. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Thanks

Bronwyn

Took me a while to figure this one out, but in reality it couldn't be easier. Just paste the URL of the video into the post, and it'll embed it automatically.

Thanks Chris, I'm very appreciative of your help with this. I was beginning to think that I was an idiot or something because I couldn't figure it out :)

Does anyone know why the website wasn't working on Wednesday for a brief period of time? Was it work by the admin to fix any problems that have arisen in the 'new' forum?

Sadly not - it was just our database going down, and I had to manually restart it. I don't know how long we were down for, but I fixed it as soon as I noticed.

Archived