New Forum

Guest Chris J

Help!! I wanted to post a picture in the thread asking if it was a spoiler and this is what came: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." I had already gotten that error notification as a red bar while previewing my icon post in my thread to make sure I hadn't messed up the links but it went away once I clicked "Submit" for the second time.... Or should I have posted that in Technical Issues?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm a couple of people have reported that issue now :/ Unfortunately I'm away until Monday afternoon so I can't look into it properly until then.

What was the file extension of the image you are trying to post? The board will only accept certain files, mainly those ending in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, or .png - if the file doesn't end in one of those then that could be why it failed.

Mmm a couple of people have reported that issue now :/ Unfortunately I'm away until Monday afternoon so I can't look into it properly until then.

What was the file extension of the image you are trying to post? The board will only accept certain files, mainly those ending in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, or .png - if the file doesn't end in one of those then that could be why it failed.

I did use tinypic.com to upload pictures. I think it was JPG on the file (photo of me) I was going to upload into the 'post your picture' thread.

I'm having the same picture error message. At first it seems like the board does not like when you have [img} whatever tags, but then the error message relates to the file extension when I've been using jpeg or png files linked from photobucket. It's strange because you get the error message and then at some point it changes into an actual picture in the reply portion of the post and then its fine to post. It seems like it's just when it is in tags with a url that the board doesn't like it.

I realise this might be woefully unhelpful, but maybe it'll enlighten something?

That did actually help pin it down, it turns out that it didn't like you using the [img} tags in the Rich Text Editor, but it'd work fine if you had it turned off :)

Anyway, just fixed it! Let me know if it carries on, but you should now be able to post fine.

That did actually help pin it down, it turns out that it didn't like you using the [img} tags in the Rich Text Editor, but it'd work fine if you had it turned off :)

Anyway, just fixed it! Let me know if it carries on, but you should now be able to post fine.

Thanks so much, Chris! :) I will try posting my picture again. If not working, I will let you know.

EDITED: It worked! Thanks for fixing it, Chris! xx :)

Archived