When does the show return in Australia?

Guest James Martin

Does anyone know when the show resumes in Australia? Although we're miles behind in the UK at the moment (about 7 weeks I estimate!) we should catch up if there's a long break down under.

I'm hoping the show will return end of Jan. Channel 5 are editing the Season Finale into three separate episodes due to air on February 13th, 14th and 15th. Which should, hopefully, mean we'll only be three weeks behind when the show comes back. If it's the second week of Jan though, it's going to still be five weeks.

Hope it's not that long - it feels like we're so far behind Oz at the moment. :(

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the gap has got a bit ridiculous, for the past couple of years it seems to be getting bigger and bigger.It's going to start shrinking now the show's off air in Australia but at the moment we're about eight weeks behind.Nice as it was to get five weeks of old episodes, we didn't really need such a long break in August and I'm not sure we need a Christmas break at all given how far behind we are.If we end up getting the premiere more than three weeks after Australia, I'm going to be left wondering what Channel 5 are playing at.

I think the gap has got a bit ridiculous, for the past couple of years it seems to be getting bigger and bigger.It's going to start shrinking now the show's off air in Australia but at the moment we're about eight weeks behind.Nice as it was to get five weeks of old episodes, we didn't really need such a long break in August and I'm not sure we need a Christmas break at all given how far behind we are.If we end up getting the premiere more than three weeks after Australia, I'm going to be left wondering what Channel 5 are playing at.

I have said this before many times but I cannot see any reason why we are not head to head with Australia and show the episodes in sync and take the break at the same time as Australia.

I mean we have a break now at Christmas anyway but is there any legal reason why we have to be so far behind it is stupid?

Perhaps they are worried about taking it off for 8 weeks like Australia because in uk we are not used to having such long breaks and could affect ratings more so. also, in aus the break is for the low tv season during summer, which coincidentally is our winter, where more people are in watching tv. it's a bit of a pain bit I think by switching up the breaks a bit they have done the right thing. I do think however we could be a little closer, so for example we could be say 2 weeks behind between jan and the summer break. Go off air for say 3 weeks through August when figures will be low. That will only put us 5 weeks behind for a couple of months, sept - dec. by the time the Xmas break comes we're 2 weeks behind again because aus take it off air first.

I do think however we could be a little closer, so for example we could be say 2 weeks behind between jan and the summer break. Go off air for say 3 weeks through August when figures will be low. That will only put us 5 weeks behind for a couple of months, sept - dec. by the time the Xmas break comes we're 2 weeks behind again because aus take it off air first.

Agreed. They've done it this way in the past (2009/10 seasons) so I don't know why they've gone back on it now. It only makes viewers actively seek out newer episodes online instead of watching on C5.

Archived