Tamara Kingsley - Kelly Paterniti

devereaux

I think she will get back with Casey after her obsession with Kyle wears off and she realises she doesn't love him after all.

This isn't an "obsession" with Kyle. It's real feelings. And she doesn't love him yet I don't think, she hasn't verbalized it yet. I'm kinda glad they didn't have her say it back to Kyle when he said he loved her, her emotions are way too complicated right now. I want her to get everything back and then say it to him when she's back to "normal" and realizes her true feelings.↲

Same. I had initially not wanted anything to actually happen between Kyle and Tamara while she had the amnesia. I wanted her just to realise that he wasn't the monster she thought and once her memories came back she'd have to rethink her feelings. Since the writers decided to actually put them together I'm glad they didn't have her express anything deeper than a connection with Kyle. I still want a fully competent Tamara to make the decision on who she loves.

Can I quickly break the discussion to give praise to Kelly Paterniti.

I genuinely think that not many actors could pull off a reset but she has played this to a T. The way she looked at all of them gave me chills because I really did think she had never seen any of them before. And she is bloody brilliant at the agitated confusion scenes.

I may not be that much of a fan of Tamara but I enjoy watching Kelly play her.

She didn't really have a lot to do up until now except moon over Casey, which I wasn't fully buying, but yeah, she's been pretty good with the amnesia stuff. Makes you wonder how much of the story was planned when they cast her. It could easily have been a disaster if she'd been a rubbish actress.

I know people have been saying that Tamara has been rebooted with her clothes and everything but she actually looks older too. There's a picture on the Official Site for next week of her and Kyle sitting at the table and she doesn't even look like the same person who was on the show a few weeks ago.

I wonder if this is deliberate? Or is it just a case of her being on the show for x amount of time and the hair/makeup people have got her look sorted now? That happens a lot with new actors, even Kyle looks very different from when he was first on.

I have been thinking that she does seem more like she was in the desert than the annoying whiney character who turned up to punch Casey for no reason, so for me it's an improvement and possibly a sign that this is who Tamara is and the whole tough girl thing and clinging to the kind of clothes she wore in the desert was an act.As for her looking older, well, ditching the school uniform probably helped.

I know people have been saying that Tamara has been rebooted with her clothes and everything but she actually looks older too. There's a picture on the Official Site for next week of her and Kyle sitting at the table and she doesn't even look like the same person who was on the show a few weeks ago.

I wonder if this is deliberate? Or is it just a case of her being on the show for x amount of time and the hair/makeup people have got her look sorted now? That happens a lot with new actors, even Kyle looks very different from when he was first on.

Part of me thinks this is because when they first introduced Tamara they hadn't thought out the details so any little tidbits of information you didn't truly believe. And she didn't start out as a character who was staying, did she? But the more I see it the more I really do think they are trying to reboot the character because they failed at making her sympathetic. Even with the violent boyfriend and the crappy family how many of us felt for her?

It does feel like a reboot and a chance of aging her up a little bit. Perhaps for the sole purpose of pairing her with Kyle.

The fact is we don't know how much was the real Tamara and how much was survival Tam. All we know is that when she suddenly appeared and hit Casey (which was funny and she did the exact same to Kyle before memorywipe) it was like she was twin!Tam and a bitch. It is all a little confusing.

It is a shame we had to sit through the Nelson (boyfriends name, right?) storyline pre-memorywipe because yet again what would have been funnier (and more with the times) was if she had woken up in the hospital and asked where her girlfriend was. Would have been better than this bloody triangle :lol:!