Tamara Kingsley - Kelly Paterniti

devereaux

Yeah, she said she was 2 years older than everyone in her year, so I'd say about 19. Not sure how old everyone else is though. Sasha had her 16th birthday ages ago but I don't remember her having another but yet she's in classes with Tamara who I thought was only doing her last year? Do they mix years like that in Australia?

they used to mix years 10's and 11's together in some subjects when I was in school but not year 12's

They only mix together if year 10s decide to take up a HSC subject that is considered to be at a level suited for year 11 students. It's not uncommon in Australia (or in the state of Victoria at the very least) as far as I know.

• 4 weeks later...

Was just watching the episode on Irish TV tonight, it's a bit behind Australian pace. I must have missed this one when it aired in Aus.

It was the one where Casey got out of hospital and Tamara helped him home, then went to work with Kyle and things were a bit awkward between them. Kyle wanted to move on and suggested pretending like the last 6 months never happened but Tamara refused to do it. It was great to see her acknowledge how much Kyle had actually done for her while she was sick and how much he had risked losing for her. As I said I must have missed this originally and was under the impression that she'd just gone straight back to Casey and never acknowledged what a big part Kyle played in her recovery. It was the one issue I had with her character since then, so I'm glad that it was a mistake on my part and she didn't just forget everything that had happened between them.

I know this is about 6 weeks late but I just wanted to throw it in here :)

I hated when she said that. Casey was her boyfriend who she is starting to fall for again and yet she forgets what he went through by not regretting it.

If she had been willing/able to just forget about it like that then it wouldn't have meant anything to her which means that she hurt Casey for nothing. By refusing to forget it and acknowledging that it was important to her it means that she didn't just hurt Casey for a fling with Kyle. Personally I think it does a lot to redeem the situation and the character.

Was just watching the episode on Irish TV tonight, it's a bit behind Australian pace. I must have missed this one when it aired in Aus.

It was the one where Casey got out of hospital and Tamara helped him home, then went to work with Kyle and things were a bit awkward between them. Kyle wanted to move on and suggested pretending like the last 6 months never happened but Tamara refused to do it. It was great to see her acknowledge how much Kyle had actually done for her while she was sick and how much he had risked losing for her. As I said I must have missed this originally and was under the impression that she'd just gone straight back to Casey and never acknowledged what a big part Kyle played in her recovery. It was the one issue I had with her character since then, so I'm glad that it was a mistake on my part and she didn't just forget everything that had happened between them.

I know this is about 6 weeks late but I just wanted to throw it in here :)

I really loved this too! It is probably my favourite Tamara scene.

Kyle put so much on the line for her, and it was only fitting that she finally acknowledge and appreciate all he did for her! One of her most thoughtful moments and definitely her most likeable moment for me.

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment, Tamara feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity.The relationship between her and Casey was handled extremely badly:There was a spark there when they first met but the whole thing got strangled at birth by the poor plotting of having Casey get together with Sasha, Tamara turn up and act like a crazy jealous ex on the basis of a couple of conversations, and the two of them being forced on us as an instant super couple.She quickly began to demonstrate more chemistry with Kyle and a relationship between them was the natural development but sadly the writers couldn't let go of Casey/Tamara, so we were left with the rather awkward suggestion that Tamara would only get together with Kyle if she had amnesia(even though there already seemed to be a tentative friendship between them)followed by yet another round with Casey, which probably wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for his accident.It's to be hoped the writers have finally got the pairing out of their system.I'm not sure putting Tamara back in school when she seems far too old was the right thing to do and it's a shame they didn't take the opportunity of the amnesia to pull her out of it.

I liked her with Casey the first time, but the second seemed forced. Her and Kyle was wrong and I cannot accept them after all the hate she had for him, And for what Kyle did to her in the desert. And her being jealous of phoebe now is kind of understood as she may be if Casey did the same but it seems ridiculous. The Braxtons chapter is I hope over.

See, I always felt Tamara's hatred for Kyle was misplaced and deep down I think she knew that as well, by the end she seemed to be having to put a lot of effort into disliking him after seeing that there was another side to him.I don't know if they'll go there again but, provided it's handled well, I wouldn't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

See, I always felt Tamara's hatred for Kyle was misplaced and deep down I think she knew that as well, by the end she seemed to be having to put a lot of effort into disliking him after seeing that there was another side to him.I don't know if they'll go there again but, provided it's handled well, I wouldn't mind.

I think it's similar to how Kyle eventually admitted to Casey that he wasn't angry at him for killing Danny, he was angry because he never had the guts to do it himself. Not necessarily kill him, but put a stop to his manipulation and abuse.

She obviously wouldn't have been impressed with what Kyle did to her and Casey but it felt a bit like she talked herself into hating him because of it more than she actually did, and as you say, the more she got to know him and realise he was completely different the more she thought she had to hate him. She was really quite harsh on him back in the early days, even when Casey had sort of gotten over it all.

I've said it before, I wouldn't mind them going with Kyle/Tamara again but I don't like the idea of her just flip flopping back to Kyle 5 minutes after her and Casey have broken up, or her just being jealous of Phoebe. If they're going to go there again they should do it right. Won't hold my breath though.