UK Christmas Break 2012

Guest James Martin

Yep, 2008 was the point we started to get dangerously close. The summer break could sometimes be 7-8 weeks, coupled with breaks for the Sydney, Athens and Beijing Olympics (I believe Seven didn't have the rights to London?) meant we caught up relatively quickly from 13 months behind in 2001.

I'm not sure when the show comes back in Oz, but if it's late January as it's been in recent years we SHOULD be 2-3 weeks behind, a month tops, by the time we hit the Season Finale in Feb. Shame we're going to have the 90-minute special hacked up into three half-hour sittings though. Might stack 'em up on the TIVO box and watch them back to back, looking at Louise Bowes' Twitter I don't think it's designed to work split up. Be nice if 5* would broadcast it that way, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the last time we had repeats over the Christmas break was the woefully misconceived 'Best of 2009' run(in...2009), which took a disappointing idea and made it worse by practically ignoring the first half of the year and mostly showing episodes from the past two or three months.I suspect it wasn't very popular and that may have put Channel 5 off the idea since.

Archived