UK Christmas Break 2012

Guest James Martin

It's getting colder here but warmer in Summer Bay and anyone on DigitalSpy will have seen that the Christmas break details have been confirmed with the show taking a three week hiatus from British screens.

Episodes finish with 5630 on Friday December 14th, and resume with 5631 on Monday January 7th.

Depending on how long the Summer break is in Australia, the UK should return about 2-3 weeks behind.

It's unknown whether 5* will be running any classic episodes and if so whether they'll be from the entire archive, or just C5's.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing basic maths and not bothering to check the dates, we're currently eight weeks behind, so if we're off air for three weeks and Australia's off air for eight weeks, then wouldn't we catch up by five weeks and be three weeks behind?Which wouldn't be too bad, it's what we were at the beginning of the year, although I'd rather they closed it to two weeks again.

Thanks for the info.I don't think we've been having repeats at Christmas recently but you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably wrong but didn't C5 show repeats of old episodes during the Christmas break? I wonder why they stopped?

I think they did used to, yes.Maybe they got as fed up of showing episodes that had only been on the last time a few months previous as we did.Be nice to see some really old episodes again but I'm not getting my hopes up, keeping my fingers crossed for next summer instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived