Classic Episodes on 5★

Guest ter06

Surprised that Sarah didn't lock the back door after her as otherwise Peter wouldn't have had such easy access to it and wouldn't the front door have been locked as it's rarely used anyway?

The thing about flashing lights is to do with epeliptics as they can cause fits, there is (nowadays at least) warnings before programmes (and news reports) they will occur.

So another thing to add to Sally's misfortunes apart from the shooting, stabbing and kidnapping and cancer - electrocution! Summer Bay is certainly not a safe place to live what with floodings, storms, cyclones, killers, stalkers, toxic waste causing cancer - allegedly.

Didn't Flynn use that rubber cover, whatever it was over the end of the pole as suggested by Alf?

Robbie did a bloody good job driving out to the camp where Tasha and Jonah were in that driving rain and high wind and got there unscathed.

Rachel's turn to be the only doctor seemingly working at the hospital when disaster was hitting the bay!

Colleen being Colleen just sitting there and being the voice of doom.

Flynn's death, so very moving, Sally trying hard to keep it normal for Pippa when she was saying 'goodnight' to her daddy. Even Alf breaking down. I guess Ric was against going to see him as he was scared about how to handle it, which he managed to in the end. Brilliantly acted by all concerned.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the episode where Flynn dies and cried the whole way through it. Think it has to be one of the most heartbreaking episodes ever in Home and Away, the bit that got me the most was when Ric said I Love You Dad

Havent seen Flynn's death yet....Just saw the one where VJ was born.

Dr. Dan Bennett working on Sally after the stabbing...

Don's return is so horrible to watch, he's such a broken man, it's one thing to split him up from June or to have him go broke, but to do both is too much, then throwing Maz's cancer on top, which we would never have heard any more about had Emily not returned, is ridiculous.

Don's return is so horrible to watch, he's such a broken man, it's one thing to split him up from June or to have him go broke, but to do both is too much, then throwing Maz's cancer on top, which we would never have heard any more about had Emily not returned, is ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact they then destroyed his integrity as a teacher - apparently only 4 years after his retirement he was completely past it - unable to control students, unable to use a computer, losing Annie and Rory on the school trip....it was only his resigning that saved Sally from having to sack him.

Not to mention the fact they then destroyed his integrity as a teacher - apparently only 4 years after his retirement he was completely past it - unable to control students, unable to use a computer, losing Annie and Rory on the school trip....it was only his resigning that saved Sally from having to sack him.

I think it's pretty obvious why we haven't seen Norman Coburn return as Fisher for over 5 years!

I think it's pretty obvious why we haven't seen Norman Coburn return as Fisher for over 5 years!

It is just so humiliating.

It is just so humiliating.

I know, what were the writers thinking? He had such a great send off in 2003 and he just returned as a poor old man in 2007 with no money and no wife.

You don't know anything about that. We don't know anything why Norman Coburn hasn't returned. Maybe you are right? But maybe the producers haven't invited him to return? Maybe he doesn't want to work anymore, but use his time on family and friends? And that is actually ok, and normal because the guy is 75... we don't even know his health is. My point is that we shouldn't suggest or believe things when we don't know the reasons behind the actors actions or their personal lives.

I think sometimes that people here are suggesting that the long time actors don't like the storylines they are given. For ex that they think the storylines are too overloaded by stalkers for example. Yes, some of them has said that, but in 2010 Ray Meagher said he liked upcoming storylines because the storylines were about to change. And then we got the Penn storyline (which airs in Norway now), and it was nothing else than a stalker storyline. I think that the actors like to have storylines, and probably don't see the characters like we do. We don't know what the actors think of the storylines they are given. And I saw a interview once (on youtube) with Lynne McGranger, she said she wanted a stalker storyline. But still she said that she want the show to be like it once was when Irene had more to do. But the show wasn't about stalkers before. I think that the actors want storylines, they want to act, and sometimes it must be funny to act crazy or having wild storylines even if it means that the character is going to change personality. That is what acting is about, to act different personalities and situations. It is we, the viewers who are more concerned about the characters personality.

But I have to say that I actually liked the Fischer storyline, I don't think it destroyed him. But to be honest I think the Penn storyline destroyed Alf. It is hard for me to imagine that Alf would have threatened Penn, just because he had an affair with his mum (when he still was married to Martha). That was totally out of character for him.

The Fischer storyline was interesting to me because it was realistic. It is actually sometimes a part of life that you feel that you suddenly don't handle your job anymore. Things and time changes. A lot of elderly (and younger people too) experience that. It doesn't make them worse people. Fischer still loved Marilyn. He still was a good man, even if he thought that teaching had become difficult. Many people feels like this when they retire, that they are done with the work... But it would have been great to see Fischer again, to see what he's up to now. He could have traveled the world, he could have done a lot of things with his life.

And what I like with this site,is how different we find a storyline, what we like with it or not. It has to do with gender, age and cultural differencies. Sometimes it is like a study in sociologi. That is why I keep returning to this site, even if I am watching H&A at a different pace. :)

Archived