Lost Your Mind Trying To Get It Back (by Jen) - comments

JosieTash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Ranger - Thank you! I think to extent everyone expects Dex to know things.

pembie - All will slowly be revealed. Thanks for reading and enjoying.

JarlieFanEver - Colleen is always going to say something inappropriate.

mizziette - I adore the idea of vulnerable!Dex. I feel the show needs to explore this more - how he uses sarcasm and humour as a coping mechanism for his feelings of lonliness, and the pressure of not living up the expectation of his father. (I have a lot of Dex feelings)

JosieTash - <33333

Aden_Belle - Thanks ^_^.

Carina - Thank you :).

Before I get to my comments, what does JosieTash - <33333 in your previous comment response mean ???

LOVE that the mystery appears to be beginning to muchly unravel …maybe!!!! LOVED it, especially ......

 Your lips are still tingling as you leave, and you have to carefully school your features into a neutral expression as you reappear in the real world.

 There is another set of footsteps coming from behind, and even though you know it goes against your better judgement to just keep moving -- you haven’t done anything wrong -- you turn around.

 They are working at Irene’s today because Dex is sort of getting sick of only looking at the inside of his house, and Sid is upping the ante in regards to watching him ever since he got back to school. But Dex has been distracted all day. He finally managed to fall back to sleep sometime in the early hours of the morning, but when he woke for the second time -- this time after the sun had risen -- he couldn’t remember the dream.

 “Baking a cake, what does it look like I’m doing?” Dex is already on a short tethered string. He is definitely not up for any sort of mind games right now.

“No, that’s not what I meant.” She nods towards his page. “That wasn’t the homework.”

Dex lets out a groan. It would be just his luck that he’s been working on the wrong problems all this time. He goes to rip his answers out of his notebook, but April reaches out quickly and places her hand on top of his.

 It takes Dex a full five seconds to process what April has just told him. And then it hits him. Dex was doing work he’s already done -- using formulas from that part of his memory that got lost in the accident. April is beaming and Dex is grabbing hold of April’s hand and squeezing tightly, because God, it feels so good.

“You don’t think --?” Dex trails off. Surely, if his memory was back he would know. He’d feel it, right?

“Only one way to find out,” April replies.

 You have always taken the safe option, the path most travelled. But that’s only because you didn’t know what it felt like.

 This time Dex wakes slowly, but with every passing second the image fades. His heart rate slows, breathing returning to normal until there is only the vaguest recollection in the back of Dex’s mind. Nothing specific, just a non-descript feeling that there is something in there that is just out of reach.

By the time Dex goes to school, it’s gone completely.

WOW!!! Dex's dream was very intense,creepy and mysterious. I wonder who he was meeting? I thought he might of been being chased at the school maybe? it sounds like Dex met whoever it was in a classroom?

I don't expect you to answer these quetions it's just my mind going into overdrive. :lol:

Loving this story.

Edited by pembie

Before I get to my comments, what does JosieTash - <33333 in your previous comment response mean ???

Well, it was supposed to be a representation of a heart. Technically one heart would be <3, but I decided it needed to be bigger so added more to it :P. Because your comments are love to me!