Lost Your Mind Trying To Get It Back (by Jen) - comments

JosieTash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ADORE the detail you put in your fics !!!!! LOVE this soooooooooooooo much, especially ......

 “Why do you do that?” Dex asks one day. He’s got his maths book propped open on his knee, while April is arranging her pens in a straight line along the edge of the coffee table.

 April catches his eye. “No, it’s okay. We can talk. What do you want to know?”

It’s the first time someone has asked Dex straight out what kind of answers he wants, where the gap in his mind is -- how wide, how long, what it takes to fill it. It’s almost unnerving at first, a bit disconcerting to have such a direct question pointed at him, rather than the convoluted ones his dad or the other doctors at the hospital ask him.

 “Anyway, after that I sort of didn’t want anything else to go wrong. Everything was so messed up so I took to ordering everything else. It got way out of control.” April pauses, considering Dex closely. “Actually, it was because of you that I got help. You told Liam and then Bianca found out. You were there for me the entire time.”

 Dex feels the eyes on him before he sees it.

He’s studying in an empty classroom, trying to get caught up on his English essay. He’s struggling with one particular quote and can feel the lines on his forehead getting deeper with every moment as he crinkles his eyebrows tighter. He sighs, long and loud, frustrated -- with his schoolwork, with his overprotective father (who is still keeping very close tabs on Dex’s movements), with himself -- and he throws his pen down on the desk with a clatter.

 His eyelids flutter shut and Dex’s head lolls back, and that’s when he feels the eyes on him. He’s been caught unguarded, candid, and Dex immediately stiffens. Because he thinks he’s been doing such a good job of keeping it together, of convincing everyone (himself) that it’s all going to be okay. Even in front of April, Dex keeps this little piece of himself safe -- the part of himself that asks too many questions, and still wants to know all the answers, but has somehow lost the courage to do so -- and only lets it out sometimes, when no one is looking.

 Casey shakes his head a little bit too ferociously for the situation. “English?” Casey asks with a nod towards Dex’s essay.

Dex sighs, flicking at his pen with his finger. “And it’s kicking my ass.”

 Casey is quiet and timid, and not at all like the tough-shelled bravado he carries around like a shield on a regular basis.

 His breath is warm as he leans in again, but you gently place your hands on his chest. You don’t think you’ll ever get over being able to do that. Just placing your hands there and being able to feel.

 You open your mouth to protest again -- albeit weakly -- but you don’t get the chance. Its mouths being pressed together, his tongue skirting along your bottom lip, hips are connecting as he backs you against the wall, holding you down.

 You look over your should for a moment and catch him staring after you. It makes your stomach flip-flop in a way that’s both exciting and terrifying.

I really enjoyed that.

Nice chat between Dex and April about her OCD.

Really geat detail with the Dex and Casey flashback scene. Felt sorry for Casey there maybe if he kissed Dex his memories would come flooding back.

Really intrigued to see how Dex got his scar though.

Finally caught up with this fic. I apologise for the lateness, I have had so much going on, that I forget what I am reading but I do love this story.

Your characterisations are spot on and I can honestly say I adore reading your stories..

Looking forward to more.. :)

Red Ranger - Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad you fellt for Casey, because he's just as lost as Dex is at this point.

JosieTash - Thank you!!!

elikell - Thank you for your sweet reply. Glad you like it.

Miranda - All in good time ... :P

pembie - I'm a sucker for Dex/April scenes, I can't help it. So happy you are still enjoying it.

Zetti - Wow, thanks for finding time to read. I really appreciate it.

Next part up shortly.

:)