Lost Your Mind Trying To Get It Back (by Jen) - comments

JosieTash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome couple of updates can't wait to see what happens when Dex goes back to school. Maybe it will jog his memory of what happened to him. You say this is the first time you have written anything like this I have to say your doing a great job I'm loving the mystery of it all.

JarlieFanEver - Thanks!

Aden_Belle - Thankies :).

JosieTash - You're wonderful. Thanks for the quotes!!

Red Ranger - Dex clearly sees that when people don't know how to help, they provide food. At least April didn't do that too.

Miranda - I'm glad the mystery is still there. I worked hard on that part. So hopefully there'll be clues and bits and pieces as we go from here.

Carina - Thank you!

pembie - When I say it's the first time I've written something like this I mean in regards to the structure of the story and almost plotting a backstory and then ignoring it, because Dex obviously can't remember it. I've written a lot of Dex fics, so I think I get him, but this is different. I don't want to give anything away but hopefully it all pays off in the end.

soph1303 - Of course April would come! Thanks for reading.

If you haven't noticed already, I'm updating on Saturdays so that's when you can look forward to the next part :).

Mmm The plot thickens.

The Dex and Casey first meeting was very interesting. I wonder if Casey saved him from the River Boys or is it something esle Dex's head wound sounds nasty.

Nice to see April is there for Dex even through she's with Xavier. Could Xavier have something to do with what happened to Dex maybe they were both fighting over April?

I had to laugh at Colleen's remark to Dex about she's getting Forgetful and that it took her a long time to find her keys :lol:

Very interesting update.

Well Done :rolleyes:

It's interesting that Casey's avoiding him. I thought they'd be friends. Loved Colleen in this chapter and Dex :( It must have been so surreal to see himself online. His mini panic attack was awful. I don't think we've ever seen Dex this vulnerable in the show so it's interesting to read.

Well done.

LOOOOOOVE that this continues to be soooooooooo mysterious !!!!!

It’s VERY coooooooooool, especially ......

 Mr Copeland keeps pausing at various intervals during his long spiels about character and symbolism, and ends with a flourish of, “Right, Dex?” Like he’s expecting something. All Dex does is smile curtly, and Mr Copeland gives him a disappointed nod and returns to the board.

Dex goes home at lunchtime because he just can’t bare it any longer.

 He’s just becoming frustrated because he knows that he used to be good at school -- it was his thing, but now. Now, he has a novel he doesn’t understand and an essay he’s supposed to write and it’s all becoming too much.

 Dex has to remember to keep breathing, because it’s like he’s been punched in the gut. He’s just watched himself from a few months earlier and this person, the one in the videos, is barely recognisable. He’s lively and entertaining and compelling, making a stand about things that matter to him. And now it’s like Dex is watching through a plate glass window, viewing the scene from somewhere in the distance. Because while that is undeniably him in those videos, he doesn’t remember it at all.

He feels himself getting desperate -- breaths shorter and heart beginning to pound harder -- then immediately feels stupid, because God he should be used to this by now. The feeling of being so close, and yet a million miles away.

 Sid insists on paying too, which Dex guesses, is supposed to be some sort of incentive.

They’ve got a table in the corner, away from the main congestion of patrons wanting coffee or families ordering dinner. Indi is working tonight, and she keeps glancing over at Dex at intermittent intervals, keeping a close eye on him -- ready to step in if he gets overwhelmed. Dex hasn’t really been in a serious social setting since the accident.

Dex can feel the eyes on him -- not just his sister, who is glancing at him like it’s her job -- but Irene, and Colleen, and other diners who stare at his yellowing skin where the bruises are beginning to fade. Summer Bay is a small town, so naturally, everyone seems to know what happened. Or at least, they think they do.

There has been speculation, Dex knows. He heard the murmurs at school. Hushed words passed from lips to ears at the lockers or written down on paper and passed in class. Everyone seems to have a theory about what actually happened to Dex, except Dex himself.

 April reaches out and takes his hand across the table. “The Dexter Walker I knew didn’t do the things that were expected of him either, so I don’t really see the difference.”

 Casey looks across, a small ripple of shock crossing his features

 handing it to Casey, then he’s walking out, without so much as a backward glance.