Lost Your Mind Trying To Get It Back (by Jen) - comments

JosieTash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOOOOVE the mystery is this !!!! I don’t really know what’s going on, but that’s actually a GOOD thing !!!!!

That was TOTALLY ace !!!!, especially ......

 He’s got Casey in his mind, the friction of two bodies together, a playful smile on his lips, and he has to take a deep breath, shut his eyes for a moment because even at the thought of this his heart begins to race.

 “Oh my God,” April says slowly, and Dex hears her feet pitter-patter behind him as she quickly catches up. “You remembered something, didn’t you?” Is he really that transparent?

 Dex forces himself to quirk his own mouth into something that resembles a smile.

 So, maybe he didn’t technically lie. Dex still doesn’t know what happened on the night of the accident, and maybe he never will. But now his brain seems to be telling him that he’s been making out with Casey in his spare time, and that’s not something you can casually bring up in everyday conversation. And Dex doesn’t even have any proof that what he dreamt was real. It could be some weird subliminal message from his subconscious, or an after effect of the accident -- Dex did fall and hit his head after all.

 But all of that detail soon becomes irrelevant because he’s staring. Staring at Dex.

 Besides, even assuming that what Dex dreamt was true, Dex has never shown any interest in boys before, let alone Casey Braxton. He couldn’t even get a girlfriend, so how the hell could he, Dexter Walker, end up kissing Casey? It just didn’t make any sense.

 When the bell finally rings Dex can’t wait to just leave. He’s had it with Casey and his stupid staring, and his stupid ability to invade Dex’s mind, when all he wants is to get back to passing his classes and getting a good night sleep.

 Boys? It takes Dex a moment to remember that he’s not alone, but he is certainly not going to turn around and acknowledge that he knows Casey is there.

 So Dex gets up, not caring that his chair gives a loud screech as it scrapes across the floor and begins heading for the door. Mrs Palmer can talk to him about make up tests and special provisions another time. Right now, he needs to get as far away from Casey as possible.

 “Were we f-” Dex clears his throat when his voice cracks, coming out quieter, more uncertain than he was hoping. He takes a breath. “Were we friends or something?”

Casey blinks, face unreadable. “Or something.”

And it seems more like a question than a statement. Like he’s begging Dex for something, trying to jog something in his memory that may or may not be there, and Dex is having flashes of lips on lips and body heat and hands holding him that are bigger than his own.

 And maybe for a split second Dex thinks about following him. About storming after Casey and demanding that he tells him what it all means, because Dex is sick and tired of being constantly confused and unsure. He wants to ask a simple question and get a simple answer, not rely on hazy dreams that may or may not be real.

But he doesn’t. Dex just sighs to himself and turns the other way, heading out the doors and home.

Brilliant, yes I agree this is what should have happened on the show. I think nearly all viewers can see the chemistry between Dex and Casey.

Its annoying that Neighbours has got the guts to show a gay relationship and Home and Away hasn't. AND Neighbours is making a big storyline of it too :angry:

sorry, that went off into a rant :wink:

Red Ranger 1 - The "or something" may be one of my favourite lines too.

Zetti - Thank you for reading.

MatildaHunterFan - Hope I can live up to the expectation.

JosieTash - So glad you like! I'm both excited and terrified about what you think of the next part.

Pierced Musie - Wow. Thank you. That's such a compliment.

Carina - Thanks so much.

pembie - I'm glad someone felt sorry for Casey, because he's going through some stuff too. It's probably affecting him more than he's letting on.

Miranda - Yes, Neighbours (for once) is showing H&A how it's done.

Hold on to your bobby socks, because the next part will be posted post-haste.