Lost Your Mind Trying To Get It Back (by Jen) - comments

JosieTash

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soph1303 - All will be revealed :wink: Thanks for reading.

JosieTash - Thank you so much. Again, I really appreciate the time you take to pick out your favourite lines. It always intrigues me.

Zetti - Hope you stick with the story. It will all make sense slowly.

Red Ranger 1 - Thanks!!

JarlieFanEver - <3 Thank you for your comment.

mizziette - Yeah, Dex is baring the brunt of it all. Hopefully things will turn around at some point.

ldscott - *hugs* Thankies.

Carina - Thanks for the comment, Carina.

Next part will be up soon. Stay tuned.

Jen, I find this the easiest way to do my comments ….cutting & pasting what I think are the best bits of the various fics I read!!!

I LOOOVE that I have NO idea where this is necessarily going !!!! It’s ACE !!!!, especially ......

 It appears that five days is the maximum time limit that anyone is Summer Bay can go without stickybeaking into other people’s business. And to be honest, Dex is mildly surprised and amused that it’s taken them this long to want to come around and see the town freak show -- The Boy Who Can’t Remember.

 “Fine,” Dex replies automatically. He’s becoming used to saying it now, and he figures that if he says it enough, Dex might almost believe it

 Dex nods obediently, because he is definitely not ungrateful to not have to eat that weird green jelly at the hospital, but his bed feels different and every time he walks into a room the conversation always stops. With Sid’s cautious gaze following him twenty-four-seven, Dex can’t help but feel he has a permanent shadow.

 And there it is again. That miniscule of hope. That by some miracle Dex is going to open one of the Calculus or Literature or Music -- Why was he even studying that? -- text books and it’s all going to come flooding back. And while Dex tries to stay strong about it, he knows that with every passing day the likelihood of his memory coming back diminishes.

He falls asleep to blackness, and wakes to the same. He doesn’t dream, doesn’t relive moments inside his head, and it’s almost like he’s slipping back under because the darkness seems to engulf him, drowning him like a sea of emptiness.

 Dex looks up, momentarily confused, because last time he checked friends was a plural, implying more than one, and April seems to be the only person interested in him right now who isn’t immediate family or just wanting to openly stare. But Dex isn’t about to start an argument about semantics.

 Dex is still worried; about the work, the kids, the teachers -- but he already feels like he’s disappointing his dad so much, that he can’t bear the thought of adding to that by refusing to go.