What May Come

Guest faith406

Totally agree with your rant!! I'm so depressed by the finale, and the sneek peek!! It really doesn't look good :(!! But until I physically see it happen, I will refuse to believe it!! All the same, don't think I can last six weeks until it starts again!! Anyway, back to your actual story -

Loved all the reactions from all the characters!!

I'm feeling especially sorry for Brax at that end bit :(!!

Hopefully everything works out ok! (And you actually better make it work out ok, because if it doesn't on the show, I'm gonna pretend that this story is what actually happened!!)

More soon please :D

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So so so sorry for the wait for an update, with work and everything else I havent really found the time and haven't really been that motivated to be honest. Sorry the update isnt that long but am working on the next Chapter so hopefully you won't be waiting to long.

Thanks to everyone reading it and for the great reviews and comments, I do appreciate it.

Chapter 10

Brax and Heath exited the toilets and made their way back to the waiting area. As they made their way back they saw Morag and Casey exit a hospital room.

“Where’s Ruby” Brax asked his brother

“She’s in the room, they’ve checked her over her levels were low but they’ve given her some stuff to help.”

“Why’s she still in there then”

“She just wanted a moment before she came out”

Brax went to the door and silently knocked on it.

“Casey, Morag I’m alright, just give me a moment and I’ll be out”

“It’s Brax”

“Oh……. Come in”

As Brax entered the room he saw Ruby sitting on the bed with her head down and silent tears coming down her face. When she looked up at Brax more tears came out, he quickly went to her and wrapped his arms around her. When her tears subsided he pulled back and sat beside her on the bed. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes until Ruby broke it.

“Sorry about before”

“Uh!” Brax was confused

“About the nurse calling you my Dad, you seemed uncomfortable about it and kind of just ran off”

“I ran off because I realised your mums blood was all over my hands. I’ve already cried in front of people today wasn’t about to be sick in front of all of you as well”

“I think we would have understood”

“Yeah!!! Don’t think I was uncomfortable, anyone would be proud to be able to call you their daughter. I’d be proud if you actually were. I love your mum so much and I love you just as much.” Brax wrapped his arms around Ruby and kissed her on top of her head.

“I’m so scared Brax”

“So am I.”

“What happens if she doesn’t make it, I’m so scared I’m going to lose her.”

“Hey, your mums a fighter, we’re not going to lose her. We can’t”

“Thank you”

“For what?” Brax asked confused

“Being here , I don’t feel so alone with you here.”

“I’m not going anywhere, we’re a family. You, me, your mum, case even that big baby outside Heath. Ruby you’re not alone, I’m going to be right beside you through all this.”

“Promise”

“I promise” Brax said as he embraced Ruby again. She looked so small and vulnerable and he could see the fear in her eyes, the fear that maybe Charlie wouldn’t be able to come back to them. In that moment Brax swore to himself no matter what happened he would always be there for Ruby.

“Let’s go outside and see if there’s any news” Ruby said as she brushed away her tears and got off the bed.

Waiting Area

“Hey rockstar wanna be of some help” Heath said to Liam as he walked up to him and Bianca

“What?” Liam replied not sure whether Heath was being serious or not.

“Go to our house and get a change of clothes for Brax, his as got Charlie’s blood on them.”

“Ok” Liam said as Heath chucked him the keys to the house.

“Is Ruby Buckton here?” A doctor said to the people crowded in the waiting area

“I’m here” Ruby called as she exited the hospital room with Brax following behind her.

“I’m just here to give you an update, I’ll try come out as often as possible when we have something to tell you. At the moment the surgery as gotten a bit more complicated, so don’t be alarmed if it takes a few hours before she comes out. She as internal bleeding which is to be expected in a shooting situation amongst other injuries, she is also facing complications due to her pregnancy.”

“WHAT?” Brax and Ruby both said at the same time.

“Charlies pregnant?” Brax asked the doctor in disbelief

“I’m sorry, I uh assumed you knew?”

“Is she or isn’t she pregnant” Brax asked in a firm tone

“I’m sorry, she was pregnant but the baby didn’t make it. Her body is under a lot of strain at the moment as it has endured a serious trauma. The surgery is going to be a long procedure so try getting some rest; it’s going to be a long night. I’ll try come back soon with more news” The young doctor turned to leave people in the waiting room.

“Wait” Brax called out to the doctor

“Yes?”

“How far gone was she?”

“I can’t really…”

“Please” Brax cut him off not wanting to hear about doctor patient procedure; this guy had already broken it by assuming they all knew about Charlie’s pregnancy.

The doctor looked down at the file in his hand, he felt for the people in the room.

“From her notes her last scan showed that she was 22 weeks. I really need to get back, I’m really sorry”

“Did you know?” Brax asked Ruby “Did you know she was pregnant?”

“No, I swear I didn’t” Ruby said to Brax with tears in her eyes

“I need some air” Brax said as he exited the waiting room and walked out of the hospital.

COOOOOOL update, especially ……..

 As Brax entered the room he saw Ruby sitting on the bed with her head down and silent tears coming down her face. When she looked up at Brax more tears came out, he quickly went to her and wrapped his arms around her. When her tears subsided he pulled back and sat beside her on the bed. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes until Ruby broke it.

 “Yeah!!! Don’t think I was uncomfortable, anyone would be proud to be able to call you their daughter. I’d be proud if you actually were. I love your mum so much and I love you just as much.” Brax wrapped his arms around Ruby and kissed her on top of her head.

“I’m so scared Brax”

 “I’m not going anywhere, we’re a family. You, me, your mum, Case even that big baby outside Heath. Ruby you’re not alone, I’m going to be right beside you through all this.”

 she is also facing complications due to her pregnancy.”

“WHAT?” Brax and Ruby both said at the same time.

“Charlies pregnant?” Brax asked the doctor in disbelief

Great update,

Don't worry about not updating for a while, I'm stiil kinda in the no motivation/depression phase after watching the finale (and also everytime I listen to that damm song that was on the promo)!! But try and stay positive!! I'm counting down the days until it starts again!!

Loved the whole Ruby and Brax sort of father/daughter bonding part of that chapter :wub:!! Very sweet to read :wub:!!

I agree, interesting twist not making them know about Charlie's pregnancy!!

Aww poor Brax!! I wonder how he's going cope with finding out that he was gonna be a father before having it taken away from him :(!!

More soon please :D

Archived