What May Come

Guest faith406

Two AMAZING updates !!!!!!!!!!!,especially ......

 “But she’s going to be alright, sid please tell me she’s going to be alright” Ruby pleaded with fresh tears coming to her eyes

 “Sid, I’m scared. I don’t want to go on my own, can maybe Brax come with me” Pleaded Ruby in that moment she looked like a lost little girl.

“I think under the circumstances I can break the rules for you, I’ll show you to Charlie’s room”

 Even after all the hours of hospital care she still looked deathly pale. Seeing her hooked up to all the machines and the tube going into her mouth made my already broken heart shatter into pieces.

Having Brax there with me helped me take the next few steps into the room, once I started to make my way to her I couldn’t stop the rush of emotions as I went to embrace her the best I could.

“Mummy” Ruby cried out her tears falling onto Charlie’s unconscious body.

“Please wake up, I need you. Please don’t leave me.”

 I don’t think until today I’ve actually heard Ruby call Charlie mum, I mean we’ve all said it but for Ruby to actually verbalise to Charlie is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen her do. I stood willing Charlie to wake up and hear it for herself, to hear her daughter calling her mummy.

I made my way to the other side of Charlie and sat in the chair by her bed, I felt my whole body tense up as I tried to keep a hold on my emotions. Ruby looked like a lost scared little girl sobbing holding onto her mum, I was determined to keep it together for her when all I wanted to do in that moment was break down.

 “The only person I want with me right now is lying in a hospital bed”

 “Do you think he’d listen to anything a man like me would have to ask him?”

“Yeah, I’m sure he was listening. You’ve made some questionable choices in your life for certain reasons but like I’ve said before you’re a good man Daryl.”

p.s I put another surprise in the envelope, I hope you like it xxxx

As Brax looked inside the envelope he saw a smaller envelope sitting there. As he took it out he looked to the front but nothing was written. He pulled the card out and on the front it said CONGRATULATIONS. Opening it up Brax took a step back, his back hitting the wall as he read the message:

To Daddy

I can’t wait to meet you but until then I hope this picture will do.

Oh and the colour of the envelope would be nice for my nursery.

Baby Buckton-Braxton

Brax felt all the air leave his lungs and his legs go weak as he looked at the scan picture of their baby clipped to the inside of the card. He vaguely registered his body sliding down the wall as he lost all use of his legs, he was sat frozen looking at the picture. Their baby, it hit him harder and more brutal than when he first found out. From the cards it seemed his earlier assumptions were wrong, Charlie was indeed happy to be pregnant, pregnant with their baby. They were on the road to becoming parents, to having a little family. He was a dad and Jake took that away from him in his cold act of revenge.

 Has he pulled the chair closer to her bed he sat and placed his hand on her stomach and took her hand in his other hand. Alone in the dark room with the only women he ever let see him, all sides good and bad, soft and hard. Alone with the only women he ever loved, Brax finally let it all out, his anguish, grief, guilt and anger. Has he let his head fall to her bed he let out a heart wrenching sob and cried.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading your story since you started it. How emotional. The scenes with Charlie and her parents with her son brought a big lump in my throat. I shed a few tears I can tell you. I don't think it helped with the cliffhanger end either. Look forward to what happens next. Hope Charlie pulls through.

Hey, I'm on tenter hooks for next week. Can't wait for weeks of negative speculation to come to an end and for us all to know what's the outcome to the season finale. Either outcome i'll be getting the tissues ready.

Thanks for the reviews, hope you enjoy the nest chapter and thanks for reading and for taking time to write a comment its good to knwo your enjoying it. Helps give me motivation to keep writing.

Chapter 15

Ruby

It’s been two days since the shooting, two days since our world had been turned upside down. I still feel so numb and exhausted; coming to this hospital makes me feel like that.

I feel like I’m sitting here watching my mum slowly fade away from me. I try to stay positive, believing that she will get through this but I can’t help but feel the doctors are trying to prepare me, prepare Brax for the worst. Brax has been great throughout this whole ordeal; even with the hurt and pain I can see in him he has been a constant rock for me.

I still remember walking into the room after coming back from the caravan park to find him in Charlie’s room looking like a broken man. I felt a pang of pain in my chest reading the card and looking at the scan of my baby brother or sister. I can only imagine how awful Brax must have felt when he opened it. From what Heath and Elijah said it wasn’t good, how will Charlie take it? How is she going to take the news that her baby is dead? Oh this is all such a mess, I wish we could go back to when we were all happy and ready to move to the city.

Casey

It’s been 6 days since the shooting. Brax hardly talks to anyone, he hardly leaves her room. Today there was talk of brain damage and whether it was a good idea to keep Charlie alive. They had tried to take her off the machines but she couldn’t breathe without them. There was talk that maybe if the next attempt didn’t work then maybe it would be best to let her go. At this news a silent Brax became a very vocal one. Brax has a reputation for having a temper but since coming to the bay it hadn’t really come out until this whole gang war but even then it wasn’t the full force me and Heath had seen in previous years. Today was a bad day. Brax went off on one, Heath tried to calm him down but it became violent with Brax lashing out at Heath and blaming him for starting the whole gang war.

“Get off me Heath” Brax shouted in a rage

“No, you got to think straight about this. Think about Charlie”

“Think, think are you being serious. Thinking is the last thing you’ve ever done so don’t be telling me to think. If you bothered to think when I told you too then we wouldn’t be here right now”

“You’re blaming me?”

“Yeah I am, who started this whole war, you were gonna get killed when I warned you not to go to Jakes crop.”

“You’re not completely blameless in all this you know.”

“You what” Brax shouted at Heath moving closer to him. Heath squared up to his brother even though he was slightly intimidated by the pure anger and rage in Brax’s eyes.

“You heard me, you’re not blameless. If you hadn’t involved her in it and had the cops show up then he wouldn’t have had a beef with her as well but you did so don’t stand there and blame this whole thing on me.”

Flying into a blind rage Brax punched his brother, has Heath got back up Brax grabbed him and held him against the wall by his neck.

“All my life, all my life I have looked out for you. Even despite your best efforts to f*** up I have always been there to bail you out. Yeah I am partly to blame for the road that led us here but you started this path. Charlie got brought into this because you’re my brother and you were going to get yourself killed. She was brought into this because I love my family and it was the only way I could see to save you.”

Letting go off Heath, Brax moved away running his hands over his face.

“You need to start being smart, I can’t do this anymore Heath. All your screw ups, Jake, Hammer now bringing Jeffery King in. I’ve had all I can take Heath, I’m done.”

With that Brax walked away from his brother and straight into Ruby and Casey, he wasn’t sure how long they’d been there but he was sure by the look in Ruby’s eyes it was for a majority of what was said.

Taking a step towards her Brax called her name but she just turned and walked out of the doors we had entered from.

As Brax went to follow Ruby I was pulled in two directions, to stay with Heath or go with Ruby and Brax to make sure my girlfriend was alright. I think Heath saw the dilemma on my face because he told me he’d be ok and to go see how Ruby was.

Walking outside I saw Ruby sitting on a bench and Brax walking up to her. He looked very hesitant to go near her but after a few doubtful seconds he sat down on the bench. I kept at a distance but could hear what was being said. They sat in silence for quite some time before Brax finally spoke.

“I’m sorry”

“For what?” Ruby replied

“Everything” Brax sighed sinking even further into the bench

“I have thought about it, about how we got here”

“You blame me” Brax asked in a defeated tone

“Yeah, I did. If you never came into her life then none of this would have happened.”

“I………”

“No Brax just let me finish. I do, I did blame you but then nothing was going to keep the two of you apart. She’s loves you, I know that for sure she really does love you. I even pushed her to try and make things work; you brought out a side in Charlie I don’t think I’ve ever seen.”

“She done the same for me”

“I have so many emotions going on right now; I don’t have the energy to blame you. I think you’re feeling enough pain and guilt with what’s happened with Charlie and losing the baby. You’re the one person I feel knows what I’m feeling, I can’t hate you right now not when I need you so much.” Ruby said with tears streaming from her face.

I left them sitting there on the bench and went back into the hospital to find Heath sitting on the chairs in the waiting room.

“Hey, how’s the face?” I asked Heath

“Sore”

“He’s right you know”

“Don’t start Casey”

“I’m not, I’m just saying he’s right. We’ve all had a part to play in this and the consequences have led to Charlie fighting for her life. Something as to change Heath, I went to Juvi because of all this, Charlie might die. Ruby will lose her mum; your brother will lose the women he loves on top of losing their baby.”

“I know, I’m not dumb Case. I know what part I had to play in all this. I can’t do this right now, I’ll be back later I need to get out of here”

With that I was left sitting alone in the waiting room. With Brax and Ruby still outside I got up to see if I could see Charlie, as the nurse let me into her room I stood at the foot of her bed. Looking at her I willed her to wake up, the devastation and heartbreak it would cause if she didn’t scared.

“Please Charlie, please wake up”

Another amazing chapter. Brax losing his rag at Heath. Its true in away as if Heath had not raided Jakes crop then Hammer would not have come after charlie. But hindsight is easy. Looking forward to your next chapter. Glad Ruby was ok about Brax. She knows how her Mum feels about Brax.

Great chapter, I do agree that Heath was the person who started all of this and its just snowballed from there. I love the interaction between Ruby and Brax, I'm glad they are helping each other through this. Can't wait for the next update and hopefully Charlie waking up :)

LOOOVED that, especially ......

 It’s been two days since the shooting, two days since our world had been turned upside down. I still feel so numb and exhausted; coming to this hospital makes me feel like that.

I feel like I’m sitting here watching my mum slowly fade away from me. I try to stay positive, believing that she will get through this but I can’t help but feel the doctors are trying to prepare me, prepare Brax for the worst. Brax has been great throughout this whole ordeal; even with the hurt and pain I can see in him he has been a constant rock for me.

I still remember walking into the room after coming back from the caravan park to find him in Charlie’s room looking like a broken man. I felt a pang of pain in my chest reading the card and looking at the scan of my baby brother or sister. I can only imagine how awful Brax must have felt when he opened it. From what Heath and Elijah said it wasn’t good, how will Charlie take it? How is she going to take the news that her baby is dead? Oh this is all such a mess, I wish we could go back to when we were all happy and ready to move to the city.

 “You’re blaming me?”

“Yeah I am, who started this whole war, you were gonna get killed when I warned you not to go to Jakes crop.”

 “All my life, all my life I have looked out for you. Even despite your best efforts to f*** up I have always been there to bail you out. Yeah I am partly to blame for the road that led us here but you started this path. Charlie got brought into this because you’re my brother and you were going to get yourself killed. She was brought into this because I love my family and it was the only way I could see to save you.”

 “You blame me” Brax asked in a defeated tone

“Yeah, I did. If you never came into her life then none of this would have happened.”

“I………”

“No Brax just let me finish. I do, I did blame you but then nothing was going to keep the two of you apart. She’s loves you, I know that for sure she really does love you. I even pushed her to try and make things work; you brought out a side in Charlie I don’t think I’ve ever seen.”

“She done the same for me”

“I have so many emotions going on right now; I don’t have the energy to blame you. I think you’re feeling enough pain and guilt with what’s happened with Charlie and losing the baby. You’re the one person I feel knows what I’m feeling, I can’t hate you right now not when I need you so much.” Ruby said with tears streaming from her face.

Archived