What May Come

Guest faith406

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, thanks to Danni02, ~JarlieFanEver~, callyha, Samantha28, ldscott, Shezza, JosieTash, soph1303, suz22, luscious01, cb2180, Kaza, once_upon_a_mind, Sazzle, Freakie42, marie_the_bee, ldscott, GeorgieNZ, helen2289, homeandaway13, CharlieandBrax4Ever, mizziette, Samantha1, caroline77, Jen1205, AvrilRP212, ~Zoe~ the reviews and comments you have left have really helped me to continue with this SO A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU :):D:wink:

Thank you for bearing with my sporadic updates, I hope I still have people who want to read this.

Anyway to those reading I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Chapter 23

Charlie

I found myself lying awake in bed with Brax, the clock on the wall letting me know it was 3:25am. When we got back to the house we sat and had dinner, Casey was already in the house when we got back. He gave me a hug telling me it was good to see me up and about. Brax took him to the side to tell him the new arrangements then came back to me telling me he was going to heat up some of the food that Leah had cooked. I didn’t really feel like eating but sitting at the table like a lab rat with all eyes on me made me eat my dinner so to appease the others at the table. After dinner I was eager to have a shower, Brax and Ruby hovered around me asking whether I would be alright but I assured them that I needed to wash the feel and smell of the hospital off of my body.

Standing in the shower with the hot water cascading down my body I leaned back against the shower wall, I stifled by tears as I ran my hands over my face.

I’m standing, I’m here and I’m alive so why do I feel so lost. I feel like I’m functioning like I’m supposed to but I feel so dead inside. Am I supposed to feel like this, shouldn’t I be happy to be alive? Brax and Ruby are so happy that I’m alive; to have Charlie back and I don’t want to disappoint them but I don’t know how to be Charlie anymore. How can I when I’m trying to figure out how to breathe and want to function each day. I feel like a shell of my old self, I lost myself when Jake shot me and I don’t know how to get me back.

Getting up I decide to get a drink I take a glance at Brax and leave the room, getting a glass of water I take a seat on the sofa. I don’t know how long I was sitting there but I was startled by someone opening the front door, I was about to scream until I saw that it was Heath. Calming my breathing I turned away from him so not to let him see how spooked I had gotten.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you” Heath said, looks like I didn’t turn around quick enough for him not to see my panic

“That’s alright, fun night?” I asked as I tried to calm my racing heart

“I dropped Darcy at her Grandmothers, she wouldn’t go to sleep so I’ve spent the last couple of hours reading her fairy tales and even making up a few” Heath told me as he came to sit down next to me

“Did it help?”

“She went to bed after I promised her that I’d let her come stay soon, plus she wants to visit you and take you to the beach. I told her I’d let her ask you and decide”

“She’s so sweet, umm I’m not sure about the beach but we can always hang here. I hope you don’t mind I’m going to be staying here for a little bit”

“Nah it’s cool, Brax called and explained. Look I know we haven’t always gotten along but what happened was pretty messed up and I realise that I didn’t help the situation with Jakes gang. I was the one that started this whole war between the gangs, if I had listened to Brax then none of this would have happened. I’m used to making volatile decisions but it’s really hit me how sometimes the consequences can be more serious for other people. Brax got stabbed, you getting shot and the baby…… I just…… look I don’t say this often but I’m sorry for my part in all this”

“I think we’ve all got a bit of blame in all this but thank you for the apology it means a lot” I said surprised by what Heath had said

“So your still jumpy” Heath asked me

“I just, that afternoon I didn’t expect Jake to come to the door and shoot me, you never know when something bad is going to happen you know. I know he can’t get to me anymore but I guess I’m just a bit on edge”

“It’s understandable but he’s gone now, your safe” Heath said smiling at me

“Yeah” I replied but the question was would I ever feel safe again.

“I’m going to head back to bed” I said as I picked up my glass to put it back in the sink. As I made my way into the living room I went to make sure the door was properly locked before I turned to Heath.

“I guess I’ll see you in the morning, goodnight”

“Okay, goodnight Buckton” he replied with a grin as he got up to go to his room.

Diner

“Hey Leah, can I get a flat white and a muffin please” Bianca asked her friend

“Yeah, how are the plans going for the wedding” Leah inquired

“Irene’s powering through with the organisation, she could become a wedding planner the way she’s going. I don’t want her to tire herself out but it seems to have given her a distraction from the cancer” Bianca replied

“It’s good she’s got something to keep her occupied and help lift her spirits” Leah said as she placed Bianca’s order on the counter

“I was wondering whether you thought it would be alright to visit Charlie later on today, I would have come round last night but I didn’t want to crowd her on her first night out of hospital.”

“I’m not too sure to be honest, she’s not staying with me at the moment” Leah told a surprised Bianca

“What, why? Did she have to go back to the hospital?” Bianca shot a load of questions at Leah

“She got home but she panicked as she got to the door she couldn’t come into the house” Leah said remembering the panicked look on her friends face as she tried to will herself to enter the house

“Because of what happened there?” Bianca asked

“Yeah, we were so happy to have her coming out of the hospital that we didn’t think about it”

“So where is she staying?” Bianca asked

“With Brax” Leah answered

“What, she’s staying with that criminal. He’s the reason she got shot in the first place him and those no good river boys” Colleen said butting into the conversation

“Well colleen no one asked you so why don’t you go back to serving customers” Leah said angry at what Colleen had just said

“Well I was only saying”

“Well don’t, that was a horrible thing to say you can keep those kind of comments to yourself” Leah said as Colleen made her way to the kitchen

“She drives me crazy sometimes. As I was saying she’s staying with Brax at the moment so” Leah said looking at Bianca

“What’s that” Georgina asked as she reached the counter ready to order her morning coffee

“Charlie couldn’t come into the house when she got back home yesterday, after what happened I can’t really blame her so she’s staying with Brax for the time being” Leah told Georgina

“She had it rough at the hospital yesterday as well, we had to question her and she became really upset going through what happened” Georgina told Leah

“Don’t you think it was maybe too soon to do that, it probably helped shake her up even more. I know it’s your job but you’re also her friend maybe you should have taken that into consideration” Bianca said accusingly at Georgina

“What like you” Georgina spat back annoyed by Bianca’s words

“What’s that supposed to mean” Bianca asked confused

“I find it very amusing that you would question my friendship with Charlie when she called you after she was shot and you shouted at her and hung up the phone. If you had given her time to ask for help she wouldn’t have been laying in a pool of her own blood for so long” Georgina spat back at Bianca who was visibly stunned by what Watson had said

“Bianca is that true” Leah asked shocked

“I….I….. I didn’t know she had been shot Leah we had an argument and I thought I just thought she was calling to apologise. If I had known I swear I wouldn’t have hung up the phone, I wouldn’t do that”

“But you did so don’t go lecturing me on my level of friendship with Charlie” Georgina spat out before she left the diner visibly angry after her encounter with Bianca

“Leah please say something” Bianca looked to her friend

“I’m shocked Bianca, I’m sorry I’m just shocked right now” Leah said turning away to go to the kitchen area

“It’s disgraceful I say” colleen said coming to the counter

“Excuse me” Bianca asked

“Hanging up the phone on a dying woman, I’d never be able to live with myself”

“Colleen go home” Leah said coming out of the kitchen

“What” Colleen asked surprised

“GO HOME!!! This situation is already complicated and messed up without having you here throwing out your verbal poison. Just go home and practice thinking before you speak” Leah said annoyed about Colleen’s contribution to the matter

As Colleen went to go get her things Bianca said thank you to Leah, as she went to move towards her Leah took a step back.

“No Bianca, don’t get me wrong I told Colleen to go home because things are so messed up right now I don’t want her causing a stir here with her comments. That being said I’m still shocked by what I just heard, were things that bad you couldn’t give her a chance to speak. I just need to process this it’s a lot to take in”

“I understand” Bianca said as she turned to leave the diner

Braxton House

“Where’s Charlie” Ruby asked Brax as he went to sit at the table

“She’s still in bed, I didn’t want to wake her” Brax answered

“She was up pretty late last night” Heath said as he went to get his surf board

“When? She went to bed the same time as me” Brax asked his brother

“When I came in last night around 4am she was sitting in the front room”

“Was she alright” Ruby asked

“Besides me making her jump when I came through the door she seemed alright, a bit quiet”

“Did she say much” Brax asked

“Umm not much, she said something about not knowing when bad things are going to happen and how she didn’t expect Jake to go to her home and shoot her. She’s still a bit jumpy so I told her she’s safe now, not sure if it made a difference and then she decided to go back to bed”

Ruby smiled at Heath as she got up to give him a hug.

“What’s that for” Heath asked surprised

“Just because….. Thanks for trying to be a comfort to my mum. I knew there was a soft side in there somewhere” Ruby said

“Just don’t tell anyone, I got a reputation to up hold” Heath said as he made his way to the door to go surfing

“Hey hold on a minute, I’ll drive you to the beach” Brax called out to his brother

“Ruby I need to go into the restaurant for a couple of hours, you going to be alright here” Brax asked Ruby

“Yeah, you go I’ll look after mum” Ruby replied

“Call me if you need anything ok, I’ll come straight back”

“We’ll be alright, now go before Heath starts getting impatient”

As Brax went to leave he pulled Ruby into a hug and kissed the top of her head before he left.

Irene’s House

“Hey what you doing back so soon” Liam asked his fiancé, taking a deeper look at her face he could see that she was upset

“Hey come here what’s wrong” he asked as he pulled her into his arms

“I got into an argument with Georgina at the diner and she threw back the fact that I had hung up the phone on Charlie after she got shot in my face” Bianca said through her tears

Not knowing what to say Liam rubbed her back trying to sooth her tears.

“I feel so bad about it I do, but now everyone knows, Colleen was there so the whole of the bay probably knows already. I feel so bad about it already; I don’t need everyone else judging me as well. What made it worse was the look on Leah’s face she was so shocked by what I had done.”

“Shhh it’ll be alright, Leah will come around” Liam said trying to comfort Bianca

“And what about Charlie?”

“Give it time, she’s just come out of hospital don’t push it, give her time”

“What if she can’t forgive me?”

“That’s something we’ll cross if and when it happens, now I got a few things to sort out but I’ll come pick you up for our lunch date”

“I don’t feel like going out”

“Bianca don’t hide yourself away, you made a mistake you wasn’t aware of the situation. Now we have plans to go out for lunch and that’s what we’re going to do okay”

“Okay” Bianca replied back weakly trying to figure out how she was going to face the world now that they knew.

Thanks for the update - don't worry you'll always have me reading your fics if no one else :)!!

Cute talk between Charlie and Heath :)!!

Feel a but sorry fir Bianca, but by accusing Watson like that she kinda brought if on herself!!!

More REALLY soon please :D

Chapter 24

It was late afternoon before Charlie came out of the bedroom. Ruby had managed to occupy herself by watching trashy day time chat shows.

“Where is everyone?” Charlie asked as she entered the living room

“Brax had to go to the restaurant, Heath went for a surf and Casey had a few things he had to go pick up. How are you feeling?”

“I’m alright, just can’t believe I slept in so late” Charlie said running her fingers through her hair

“Heath said you had been up in the night”

“Yeah I couldn’t sleep and I didn’t want to wake Brax” Charlie told Ruby has she went to get a glass of water

“So what do you want to do today?”

“Umm can we just stay in, I don’t feel like going out” Charlie replied reluctant to face the world just yet

“Yeah whatever you want, I brought some dvd’s when I packed a few things for you. Didn’t want to get left with watching a load of guy films”

“Good thinking” Charlie replied as she went to sit next to her daughter

“So just how much have you been staying here?” Charlie asked Ruby thinking back to when Brax had mentioned she had been staying at their place.

“Quite a bit, I did stay with Morag at the caravan park but then I wanted to be with Brax. I felt like he knew so much more than anyone else how I was feeling. He’s looked after me through all this even when he was hurting so much. I found it easy talking to him about it all; I’ve never been so scared in my life. I thought I’d lost you” Ruby told Charlie

“But you didn’t, I’m still here” Charlie said pulling Ruby in for a cuddle

“I’ve missed your cuddles” Ruby said sighing, falling deeper into Charlie’s arms

Just then the door opened and Casey entered the house making the girls move apart to look to the door.

“Oh, I’m sorry for interrupting” Casey said sensing they had been having a moment.

“You’re alright, actually I’m going to go have a shower now” Charlie said getting up and making her way to the bathroom.

“How is she” Casey asked dropping some bags on the floor and making his way to sit next to Ruby

“She seems ok but I just don’t know” Ruby said sighing

“Well give it time; she knows we’re all here for her. So what have you got planned for today?” Casey asked

“Me and Charlie were going to stay and watch movies”

“Well I’ll make myself scarce then and give you two sometime together”

“You don’t have to do that Case”

“Nah it’s alright, I’ll go meet up with Xavier and Dex. With everything going on I haven’t seen them for a while so I’ll catch up with them”

“Thank you” Ruby said leaning over and kissing her boyfriend

“It’s alright; I’ll just put this stuff away and go. I’ll see you in a few hours” Casey said getting up from the couch

Angelo’s

“What would you like” Brax asked Marilyn and Roo as they sat at their table.

The restaurant was surprisingly busier than usual with quite a few lunch time trade coming in. Brax was hoping to get away earlier to see Charlie but the way things were going he would have to stay till his evening staff came in.

“Can we just get two glasses of white wine to start with. I’m quite surprised to see you here today” Marilyn said

“Yeah, why’s that?” Brax asked

“I just thought you’d be with Charlie since she’s just been released from hospital”

“Well I know where I’d rather be but bills have to be paid and I had a few things to sort out with the restaurant” Brax answered

“How is she coping” Roo asked

“Umm she couldn’t go back into the house so she’s staying with me at the moment. Physically she’s healing well but emotionally it’s just going to take some time I guess”

“Well when she’s up for visitors will you let us know, we don’t want to crowd her but we’d love to show her we’re here to support her” Marilyn said

“Yeah I will do, let me go get you your drinks” Brax said as he walked back to the bar

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca held back as her and Liam made their way into the surf club and up to Angelo’s.

Bianca was feeling apprehensive about going into the Angelo’s and facing everybody, she had already had a few glances from some of the locals who Coleen probably had already been gossiping to about her.

“Hey babe, what’s wrong?” Liam asked Bianca taking her hand into hers

“I don’t know about this, can’t we just go back home” Bianca suggested

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Brax had served the girls he made his way back to the bar and found himself watching as Bianca and Liam entered the restaurant. The anger he had felt the day before when Charlie had revealed the events after she was shot all came back to him. He watched as they made their way to the bar, Liam giving him a welcoming smile and Bianca looking fidgety.

“I didn’t expect you to be here today, how’s Charlie?” Liam asked

“As good as can be expected” Brax answered sending frosty glances Bianca’s way

“Well give her our best and tell her we’re thinking about her” Liam asked

“What can I get you” Brax asked after he gave a light grunt in reply to Liam’s request

“Can I get an orange juice and a glass of white wine”

As Brax went to make the drinks he tried his best not to pay any attention to Bianca as he felt his anger at her escalating. Slamming the bottle of wine down Brax braced his hands on the counter.

“James come and take Liam’s order” Brax said as he went to walk away

“Hey mate what’s wrong” Liam asked as he grabbed Brax by the shoulder

“I can’t do this, standing here with her there when I know that she could have helped Charlie” Brax said turning his head towards Bianca

“Hey mate she didn’t know” Liam said in defence of his fiancé

“Brax please I feel so bad about it, the thought I spoke to her like that when she was hurt and calling for help. You have got to believe me I would never have hung up on her if I had known” Bianca said hoping that Brax would believe her

“That may be true but I can’t look at ya, you’ve been hurting her all these weeks now and this……. this is just one step to far”

“I’m so sorry” Bianca said with tears coming to her eyes

“I don’t need an apology, that’s just wasted on me. Its Charlie you need to say sorry to” Brax glared at Bianca

“I will I promise, I will go there now and……..” As Bianca was talking Brax cut her off at the suggestion that she would go to the house and see Charlie.

“Nah, no you won’t she doesn’t need to deal with your guilt. She’s still fragile, you stay away from her for now. If she wants to talk to you she’ll approach you but as far as I’m concerned you’re not welcome at my house” Brax said walking out to get some air leaving Bianca and Liam standing at the bar. By now people had stopped doing what they were doing and were listening and watching the whole exchange. As Bianca turned she felt like everyone’s eyes were on her judging her.

“Liam, please can we go” Bianca said grabbing his hand to leave

“Babe”

“Please can we just go, Liam I need to get out of here now” Bianca said panicked. She felt as if all eyes were boaring into her.

“Hey mate, forget about the drinks” Liam said as he led him and Bianca out of the restaurant.

As they got outside the surf club Bianca leaned against the wall wiping away her tears.

“Hey babe, Brax is just angry”

“Yeah I know, but if he’s like that how is Charlie going to be?” Bianca questioned wondering whether Charlie would even want to speak to her let alone hear her out.

“I don’t know babe but that’s just a road you’re going to have to cross when you get there.”

“I’m scared she’s won’t want to forgive me”

“Charlie love’s you, if she didn’t she wouldn’t have kept trying to gain your forgiveness”

“Yeah but this is big Liam, what I done not just hanging up the phone on her but all the stuff before. What if this is just too much?”

“Whatever the outcome I will be here to support you” Liam said hugging his fiancé

Braxton House

“Charlie” Darcy ran in screaming as she laid eyes on Charlie sitting on the sofa with Ruby

“Hey” Charlie said as Darcy flung her arms around her

“Darce careful, she’s only just come out of hospital” Heath said to his daughter

“Sorry, I didn’t hurt you did I” Darcy asked looking worriedly at Charlie

“Nah, you’re alright” Charlie told her

“What you doing?” Darcy asked

“We’re just watching a film; do you want to join us?”

“Do I have time?” Darcy asked looking at her Dad

“Yeah” Heath said walking into the kitchen

“I thought you were meant to be staying the weekend?” Ruby asked Darcy

“I decided that we would postpone it till later” Heath answered

“Is that because of me?” Charlie asked

“Well you’ve just come out of hospital, I just thought the last thing you would need is a crowded house” Heath told Charlie

“I appreciate the concern Heath, find it quite unexpected but nice but you don’t have to do that. So how about it Darcy, you fancy spending the weekend in this mad house”

“Yeah, is that alright Dad?”

“If Charlie’s alright with it then yeah I don’t see why not”

“Thanks” Darcy said as she kissed Charlie on the cheek and went to do the same to her Dad

Irene’s House

“Hey can I come in”

Bianca looked to the door to see who it was

“Yeah” Bianca replied

“I’m surprised to see you?” Bianca told Leah

“I heard what happened in Angelo’s” Leah told Bianca

“Word gets round fast round here”

“Well small town, kinda goes with it. How are you feeling?”

“Too many emotions going on to tell you”

“Brax is just angry and lashing out, these past weeks have been really stressful on him”

“I don’t blame him for being the way he is, he’s just looking out for the women he loves but it doesn’t hurt any less”

“Just give it time Bianca; this is such a painful situation without adding in all the other extras”

“I’m surprised to see you after this morning” Bianca told Leah

“Yeah well I still haven’t got my head around all this to be honest but you’re my friend and I thought you could do with a friend right now”

“I really could use my friend right now, thank you Leah”

“That’s alright, I got to go though after what happened I must admit I’ve been very over protective of my son. I want to be in the house before he gets back from soccer practice”

“I can see why, thank you for stopping by. Can you do me a favour?”

“yeah what is it?”

“If you see Charlie will you tell her I’m so sorry”

“Uh…….. If you come up in conversation I will but otherwise I really don’t feel comfortable bringing it all up I don’t want to upset her”

“I understand, thank you Leah” Bianca said

“I’ll see you around” Leah said before exiting the house and leaving Bianca to her thoughts

Braxton House

“Are you sure it’s alright to leave Darcy with you” Heath asked again as he prepared to leave the house

“Heath go, it’s alright you got to work and you’d be leaving Brax understaffed if you don’t. We’ll be alright” Charlie told him

“Okay, well we’ll be back quite late we’re closing up but if anything happens or you need us to come back just call”

“Yes Heath, now go or you’ll be late for your shift” Ruby said laughing at the new caring side that Heath was displaying.

Has Heath left the house the three girls were left to decide how to plan the rest of their evening.

“So what shall we do?” Ruby asked

“Darcy needs to have her bath before bed so I’ll go run it and Ruby can sort something for us to eat” Charlie said getting up

“But I’m not ready to go to bed” Darcy said to Charlie

“Let’s just get you ready for bed then you can have something to eat and watch a film before bed” Charlie told Darcy getting her up

“Sounds like a plan” Ruby said getting up to go to the kitchen

By the time Darcy had finished her bath and had gotten ready for bed Ruby had made them something to eat. After they finished they settled in to watch Beauty and the Beast at Darcy’s request. By the time the film had finished it was way past Darcy’s bedtime and at the insistence of Charlie the young girl was put to bed. Going into the front room to clean up Charlie met her daughter already at work putting things away.

“How you feeling” Ruby asked turning to her mum

“Tired, even though we stayed in all day it’s been an eventful day” Charlie said yawning

“It wasn’t too much was it?”

“No, it kept my mind of things”

“Good to hear, but mum you know you need to face things so you can try to move on from it all”

“I know Ruby and I am dealing with it I promise” Charlie said pulling her daughter into a hug and kissing her head

“I’m going to head to bed since you’ve tidied everything up, I’ll see you in the morning, night.” Charlie said walking into Brax’s room and getting ready for bed.

As Charlie lay in bed she found that now that everything had stopped around her she couldn’t help but think about everything that had happened. Today she hadn’t thought about it, the house was busy and Ruby had kept her occupied but now laying on the bed in the dark the ache was back the weight on her chest that made all the bad feelings come back was back. As Charlie was about to get up she heard a slight knock at the bedroom door, trying to calm her racing heart she called out.

“Who is it?”

As light streamed into the room as the door slightly opened Darcy poked her head in.

“It’s me” she whispered standing uncertainly in the doorway

“What’s wrong?” Charlie asked sitting up in the bed

“I had a bad dream and didn’t want to be alone” Darcy told Charlie

“hey, come here” Charlie said patting the side of the bed

At Charlie’s request Darcy fully entered the room and closed the door before getting onto the bed and cuddling into Charlie

“What was the dream about?” Charlie asked

“Is it alright if I don’t talk about it right now?”

“That’s okay. Do you want to stay in here or do you want me to take you back to your room?”

“Can I stay in here with you please” Darcy asked

“Yeah” Charlie said pulling the duvet back so that Darcy could get into the bed properly

“Thank you Charlie” Darcy said resting her head on Charlie’s shoulder and closing her eyes

As Charlie laid in bed stroking Darcy’s hair she couldn’t help but think about the baby she had lost. She was happy to be able to be a source of comfort and protection to Darcy but she couldn’t help but think of the times she now wouldn’t be able to comfort her baby boy when he had a bad dream or hurt himself.

Angelo’s

Brax and Heath were sitting down after a busy evening shift at Angelo’s glad to finally be finished for the day.

“You ready to go mate” Brax asked his brother. The evening shift had been packed they hadn’t had a chance to stop all night.

“Yeah just give me a minute that was hectic”

“Not used to hard graft are ya Heath” Brax said to his brother half joking half serious. Heath chucked a cloth resting on the table at Brax in reply to his comment.

“Thanks for the help bro, although I am paying ya so ….”

“Glad to be of help” Heath replied sarcastically

“So not to get sappy but how are ya with everything that’s been going on?”

“Taking each day as it comes, Charlie’s out of hospital now I’m just going to try be there for her as much as I can. You should have seen her Heath she was so scared to go back into that house”

“Don’t blame her, well she can stay with us for as long as she needs to. You too spoke much about the baby? I saw how you took the news; it must be eating away at her”

“Besides the day I went into her room she hasn’t really spoken about the baby”

“Don’t you think you should talk about it, it may help to get over things?”

“How’d you get over losing a baby?”

“I don’t know, can’t help you with that one. Come on lets head home, that’s as deep and meaningful as I’m going to get tonight”

The drive back to the house was a quiet one both glad to be done for the day and be going home. Brax had a lot on his mind especially what Heath had said about talking to Charlie about the baby as well as everything else that had happened. He just didn’t want to push her to talk about things that she wasn’t ready to talk about. After seeing her reaction to going to the house he didn’t want to push her when she wasn’t ready but he also didn’t want to let things hang in the air without them dealing with it. Brax was so confused to what was the best move to take with Charlie.

Entering the house all the lights were of and the place was quiet.

“I’m gonna check on Darcy” Heath said making his way to the bedroom

Brax made his way to the kitchen to put some supplies from the restaurant away

Heath came back a few second later panicked.

“She’s not in there” Heath said to his brother

“What?” Brax asked confused

“Darcy, she’s not in her room” Heath said

Just then Casey came out and made his way to the bathroom.

“I saw her go to Brax’s bedroom a little while ago maybe she’s still in there” Casey said in a sleepy daze as he went to the bathroom and closed the door.

Brax and Heath made their way to Brax’s bedroom, opening the door quietly Heath was relieved to see Darcy sleeping in Charlie’s arms. Happy that Darcy was safe they left the room and quietly closed the door and made their way back to the living room.

“I take it she’s still in there?” Casey said leaning against the wall waiting for his brothers

“Yeah, she’s sleeping” Heath said getting a drink

“I saw her in the hallway, said something about a bad dream and she was going to see Charlie”

“You know what the dream was about?” Brax asked

“Nah she didn’t say, just said she wanted Charlie”

“Well she seems alright now, taken my space in the bed so move it Heath cause it looks like I’m sleeping out here tonight. Don’t want to disturb them” Brax said to his brother who had gone and sat on the couch

Pushing his brother back Heath got up

“Right I’m going to get some sleep, see you in the morning” Heath said making his way to his room

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brax woke up to hearing banging noises of pots and plates, as he moved his hands to cover his face from the light coming through the curtains he rolled over on the couch and ended up hitting the floor.

“Ouch” Brax shouted as he hit the ground in a heavy thud. Brax looked up to see the faces of Charlie, Ruby and Darcy laughing at him on the floor

“Yeah, yeah laugh it up” Brax said as he got himself up from the floor. Charlie walked to him with a spatula in her hand and gave him a kiss

“Aww, are you okay” she said still in a fit of giggles from seeing Brax fall onto the floor

“Yeah” Brax said rubbing his side. He would have fallen of the couch a thousand times just to see Charlie how she was in that moment. He couldn’t help but stare at her mesmerised by her laughter and her smile all over again.

“Why are you staring?” Charlie said finally getting her giggles under control

“It’s just nice to see you laughing and smiling again” Brax replied smiling at her

“Not had much to smile about lately” Charlie said walking back to the kitchen to finish helping the girls cook breakfast. Brax followed behind her and leaned against the wall.

“So what’s all this?” Brax asked

“We decided that we would cook you guy’s breakfast, a way of saying thanks for having us” Ruby said as she started to plate up some Bacon

“Aww you didn’t have to, we’re happy to have you girls around the place” Brax said giving Ruby and Darcy a kiss on the head each

“Hmmmmmm I smell something nice” Heath said coming into the kitchen area

“I’m sure it was the smell of food that got you up” Brax said whacking his brother on the back on his head. As the brothers proceeded to play fight Casey came out of his room and decided to help Brax play fight against Heath. The girls laughed as they watched the guys goof around.

“Hey, Hey” Charlie said getting louder

“Break it up guys; let’s eat before our breakfast gets cold.” Charlie said pulling Brax up from the floor

They all sat around the table and ate talking about nothing important but enjoying each other’s company.

Heath

If you told me a few months ago id be sitting round a table with the Bucktons, the boys and Darcy acting like happy families I’d have probably suckered punched you and laughed. But I am although I’d scrap the happy family’s part, on the surface it looks good but I know Brax and Charlie still have things they need to get past. Right now though we all seem happy, sitting, eating, and talking about nothing, just trivial things. I don’t think I’ve ever really had this, sitting at the table like a family. It feels nice, and by the way Darcy’s smile hasn’t left her face I’m sure she’s enjoying it as well. It’s so hard trying to be good when I’m used to doing what I want not thinking about the consequences but now I got Darcy and she’s been through a lot this year I really can’t mess this up. I know she misses her mum, I wish I could bring her back for her but I can’t so instead I’m going to try my hardest to give my little girl the best and make her feel loved.

Darcy

I really didn’t think I would get to feel like this again, happy. It’s nice us all sitting and laughing with each other. I really miss my mum and I wish that she would be able to come back. I didn’t really understand why she couldn’t just wake up and be with me again. It’s so not fair. Being here makes it feel a bit better, I may not have my mum but I finally got a Daddy and I got Uncle Brax and Uncle Casey. Charlie and Ruby are really nice to, I’m so glad Ruby didn’t lose her mum like I did. It made me really sad, I wouldn’t like Ruby to have to feel that way. I still feel sad but it’s getting better. I really do like this, being here I’m so scared of being left alone with no one to love me.

Casey

I think we may finally be getting a break, I don’t want to jinx myself but things right now seem so normal. The Braxton’s don’t really do normal like this; it’s a proper family moment everyone sitting around the table having breakfast together. Even Heath is behaving himself which is a miracle in itself. Growing up in our house this wasn’t something that I had. Darcy’s smiling, my girlfriend is laughing and Charlie seems at ease. I hope we get more days like this, after everything that’s happened I think we deserve a break, how much more can we really take.

Ruby

The Buckton’s and Braxton’s sitting around the table having breakfast together, wow who would of thought? Mum looks so much more at ease today right now around the table. Mum!!! After everything that’s happened I’ve realised just how much I’ve taken having her in my life for granted. She’s my best friend, my sister, my mum I didn’t realise the immensity of love I had for her or how much I need her in my life. She loves me so much and is always there for me even when I’m difficult; she never gives up on me. I never want to lose her; with her here I’m not alone. I know that she’s always there for whatever I may be going through, she as such a good heart she deserves the best. It’s nice us all being in the house together, maybe it was a good thing for us to come and stay here.

Brax

I’d let Charlie go around town telling everyone about how I woke up this morning, as she’s telling the guys she as the most beautiful smile on her face. Her laughter is so warming I’m just happy to see her like this again even if it’s just for now at least she is able to laugh and smile again. I think it may have been a good thing her staying here even though it was just for convenience. I know we still got things to talk about and Charlie still needs time to heal emotionally but this morning is forever going to be imbedded into my memory. The day I first saw her smile, first heard her laugh since all the heartbreak. I really do love this woman.

Charlie

Trust it to be Brax that makes me laugh again, I didn’t think it would happen again but this morning I couldn’t help but laugh at him falling of the couch. This is so weird and comforting at the same time, us all sitting here it feels like a family. It feels nice, even having Heath here feels good. He’s actually a funny nice guy; I never thought I’d think that of him. Since he’s come to the bay he’s been a major thorn in my side, I can’t even believe the amount of times I’ve had to arrest him but he seems to have had some sort of change cause he’s alright to be around right now. Here’s to hoping that doesn’t change, this side of Heath is good for Darcy she deserves so much after all she’s been through at such a young age. We all do deserve some happiness after everything that’s happened.

Thank you for your latest update. I enjoyed every minute. Bianca is going to have to do some grovelling when she does meet up with Charlie. She is going to have to do some serious apologising to Charlie.

I am glad that Brax falling offf the couch made Charlie laugh :wub::wub: I look forward to reading your next update.

Archived