What May Come

Guest faith406

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing update,

Love how the whole town loves Charlie so much, and are so glad that she's ok again :)!!

Charlie's so brave at going back to the house, but I think its really good that she was able to :)!!!

Just love Chax as always :wub:!!

Oh no, hope they find Darce soon :o!!

More soon please :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait, I hope you enjoy. To be honest not sure where else I’m going to go with this story got a few more ideas in my head so going to try work out a plan for them so please bear with me with updates. But thank you for all the people who have been reading and those who review 

Chapter 27

Heath and Brax

As time had passed on Heath had got increasingly agitated, Brax was trying his best to keep his brother calm. He knew that when Heath became like this his behaviour could become irrational and he didn’t want him doing anything that could get him into trouble. Heath had been really trying recently to stay straight and not do anything dodgy or get him noticed by the police and so far he was doing well. Walking back to the car Brax looked on as his brother suddenly flipped and lashed out at some bins on the side walk.

“Hey Heath come on, you gotta keep level headed” Brax said as he went to approach his brother

“It’s getting dark Brax, where is she? What if something happened to her, I’ve only just got her Brax I don’t want to lose her” Heath said

“You’re not going to lose her; everyone is out looking for her right now. We’ll find her” Brax tried to stay positive for his brother

“I’ve already lost her, where is she? I’m supposed to be her dad; I’m supposed to keep her safe”

“Standing around here having a fit isn’t going to help, get it together and lets go find your daughter” Brax said trying to get through to his brother

“I’m scared Brax, I’m scared that she may be lying dead somewhere.”

“Don’t think like that”

“You read stuff like that in the papers, there are sick people out there in the world. I’m scared that my little girl is……” not being able to finish the sentence Heath choked on his tears that had started to fall

“Heath, there can be a good outcome to this. I know you’re scared but we need to keep positive that Darcy is going to be found alive and well”

“And if she’s not?”

“That’s a road we’ll cross if we get to it” Brax said praying that it wasn’t something they would have to face.

“This family can’t take any more heartache Brax, this will break us”

“I know” Brax said as he walked back to the car he called back to his brother “when you’re ready I’ll be in the car waiting for you.”

As Brax got into the car he pulled out his phone to call Charlie, as he waited for her to pick up he thought about what Heath had said.

“Hey, have you found her?” Brax heard Charlie ask as soon as she picked up.

“No” he told her wishing the answer would have been yes, hearing her sigh he wished that someone would find her soon. Like Heath said the family had been through enough already and he just wanted this ordeal to be over with and Darcy to be found alive and well.

“Where are you?” Brax asked Charlie

“I’m out looking for Darcy, I went to the house and had a check around. Brax where could she be, it’s getting dark.”

“We’ll find her” was all Brax could offer to comfort her at that moment

“I’m so scared for her, I got all these things running through my head. I’ve seen cases like this end good but also really bad.”

“Foucs on the good cases okay, don’t work yourself up”

“I can’t help it, its Darcy Brax she’s been through so much recently with losing her mum. Why do bad things keep happening Brax”

“Come and meet me, I don’t like the idea of you out searching alone. You can search with me and Heath” Brax said getting worried about his girlfriend

“I’m alright Brax, I promise. We’ll cover more ground apart right now anyway. How’s Heath?”

“Not good, he’s having a few moments to calm down right now I’m just waiting for him in the car. Hang on, here he comes now” Brax said to Charlie.

“You alright mate?” Brax said to Heath as he got into the passenger seat of the car

“Yeah, lets get on the road hey” heath replied

“I’m going to go, I’ll call you soon love you” Charlie said to Brax at hearing Heaths request

“Love you too, stay safe” Brax said hanging up the phone

“Was that Charlie?” Heath asked his brother

“Yeah”

“Is she alright, I know her and Darcy have gotten quiet close”

“I don’t know. It doesn’t help that she worked on the police force”

“How do you mean?”

“She’s seen these cases before the good and the bad; she’s getting worked up about the different outcomes”

“She loves Darcy, I could see that when they were around each other. Both her and Ruby they instantly struck up a bond. We got to find her; they’ll be to many broken pieces to fix if we don’t”

“I know”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As Charlie sat in her car on the side of the road her hands clenched the steering wheel in frustration. No one had yet found Darcy and it was already getting dark now. She had spoken to Ruby and Casey who had said that others from the town were also out looking for Darcy. Where could she be Charlie thought, scared for the little girl out there all alone or was she? Did someone have her against her will? Thoughts ran rapidly through her head. After Tegan died she remembered seeing Darcy around town so sad and hearing from Brax how she wasn’t doing well after the loss of her mother. Why when the little girl had managed to pick herself up something like this had to happen, it wasn’t fair. Charlie decided to think as if Darcy had decided to go off on her own, where would the little girl go?

As Charlie went to put the ignition on in her car one thought came to her mind, Tegan!

Charlie felt a renewed hope in her chest as she started up her car and sped off in the direction of a familiar route she remembered taking that morning after the storm. Charlie started to get impatient as she drove wanting to reach her destination. When she finally go there it had gotten dark so she took her flashlight from her car and pointed it into the bush.

“Darcy” she called out hoping to hear a reply. Hearing nothing she walked further in remembering when she first came to this spot and had found Tegan trapped in her car.

Walking further down trying to be careful and not fall on the earth Charlie caught site of something further up. Picking up pace she saw a figure lying on the ground.

“Darcy” Charlie called as she carefully ran forward to the little girl. “Oh gosh, Darcy are you okay?” Charlie asked as she reached her and brushed some hair from her face.

“It’s so cold” Darcy said

Taking of her jacket Charlie wrapped it around the little girl. Looking her over, her face was dirty and she looked like she may have been dehydrated. “Darcy you had us all scared, everyone’s out looking for you.” Charlie said as she wrapped her arms around Darcy trying to warm her up.

“Darce, I need to get you to the hospital okay”

“No, I don’t want to go.” Darcy said pulling out of Charlie embrace

“What’s going on, why did you come here?”

“No one wants me” the little girl cried

“Why would you think that?” Charlie asked taken back by her words

“It’s true, I know it’s true”

“But why?”

“because……..”

“sweetie I can’t help if you don’t tell me why”

“I don’t want to talk about it” Darcy said looking away from Charlie

“Okay but we are going to the hospital right now, you don’t look well Darce and I just want you to be okay.” Charlie tooks Darcy’s nod of the head as agreement to going with her and went to help her to her feet. As Darcy swayed a bit Charlie picked Darcy up the best she could and carried her to the car and carefully placed her in the back seat. Moving around to the drivers seats Charlie pulled out her phone before she got in the car.

“Hey you alright?” Brax asked as he picked up the phone

“I’ve found her, I think she’s dehydrated. I’m going to head to the hospital now. Let the others know she’s alright and come meet me.”

“How is she?”

“She’s upset about something. Brax I can’t really talk I’ll see you at the hospital. I love you”

“I love you too” Brax replied as he hung up the phone.

“Charlie’s found her” Brax turned and told his brother

“Where? How is she?”

“I don’t know but Charlie said she thinks she’s dehydrated and is taking her to the hospital. Here take my phone, call Casey, her Nan and the cops let them know she’s been found” Brax instructed his brother as he turned the car around to head to the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where is she?” Heath shouted at Charlie as he ran into the hospital worried about his little girl.

“Calm down Heath, she’s in with Sid right now” Charlie said going to him

“Where was she, how was she when you found her? Did someone have her, I’ll kill em I swear whoever took my little girl I’ll kill em” Heath said getting worked up

“There’s no one to kill Heath, she wasn’t taken no one was there when I found her.”

“Where did you find her” Brax asked

“Where Tegan had the car accident during the storm”

“What was she doing there?” asked Heath

“I don’t know but she seemed pretty upset, she said something about no one wanting her. I tried to talk to her but she just closed up”

Taking a seat in the waiting room Ruby and Casey arrived at the hospital along with the police and Darcy’s nan. Questions were thrown around and Charlie tried to answer them as best she could but even though she had found Darcy she knew as much as the others did about why she had gone missing.

As Sid eventually came out of the hospital room Heath shot up out of his seat towards him.

“How is she? Can I see her?” Heath asked

“She’s going to be fine, she was dehydrated so we’ve attached her to a drip and she as mild hypothermia. It could have been worse and we’re lucky she was found when she was. We’re going to keep her in for a couple of days to minitor her. And yes you can see her but she’s been very quiet, its quiet obvious that something as upset her”

“I’ll try talk to her and find out what it is, did she say anything to you guys when you were in there?” Heath asked

“No, she was just very quiet. I ‘ll let you guys go in and see her but don’t stay too long she needs to rest” Sid said as he went to deal with another patient.

Heath and Darcy’s nan were the first two to go in to see Dracy.

“Hey Darc, how you feeling?” Heath asked as he went to stand by her bed. Being met by her silence Heath tried again. “Hey, come on talk to me, I can’t help if you don’t let me know whats wrong.”

“Maybe you should just lay of Heath, she doesn’t need all the questions right now” Said Darcy’s nan

“Unlike some I don’t waste time in trying to sort things out, I’m still pissed that you didn’t tell me straight away that she was missing so you don’t get to tell me what to do” Heath said annoyed

“Don’t you talk to me like that; you’ve only been on the scene 5 minutes I’ve been in her life from the start. I know what’s best for my grandchild”

Getting wound up by her words Heath shouted “I DIDN’T KNOW, I DIDN’T KNOW SHE WAS MINE. So lay off, I would have been there if I had known”

At the sound of raised voices Brax, Charlie, Casey and Ruby entered the room.

“Hey, hey what’s going on? Stop the shouting you guys” Brax said not impressed by the way they were carrying on in front of Darcy

As she entered the room Charlie went straight to Darcy seeing her sitting on the bed with her hands on her ears and her eyes shut tight. Sitting on the bed Charlie pulled her into her arms and rubbed her back. “It’s alright Darc they’ve stopped shouting, its okay” Charlie told her.

“You both need to cool it, can’t you see you’re upsetting her more” Casey said to the two arguing adults

“She wound me up” Heath said

“I don’t care Heath, just put a lid on it for your daughter” Brax told his brother

Rubbing his hands over his face Heath composed himself and faced his daughter. “I’m sorry Darc, I was just being a silly adult. I’ve just been scared while you’ve been missing” Heath told his daughter

“No one cares none of you do” Darcy said trying to pull out of Charlie’s arms

“Hey! Why do you keep saying that?” Charlie asked not letting her leave her embrace

“It’s true, they said it and its true”

“Who said what?”

“Stacey and Cassie they said it. I drew a picture for the house, we were all in it but then she said I shouldn’t be in it if it was for the house because I don’t live there. That none of you want me. It’s true none of you do, you’re all in that house together and I keep asking to stay with you guys and you don’t want me. Dad keeps saying no, I don’t have a mum and my Dad doesn’t want me.

“That’s not true Darc I do want you but I can’t have you with me permanently right now I just wouldn’t be able to do it. I don’t have as much support as your nan does, soon it’s just going to be me. Brax, Casey, Charlie and Ruby are moving to the city soon, I won’t have anyone to rely on for help.”

“I hate my life right now, I just want one thing, to live with you and you won’t let me. I’m a freak that’s what Stacey said because I have to go talk to a councillor. I’m happier when I’m with you guys but you don’t want me around” Darcy said as she cried

“Is this why you disappeared?” Charlie asked

“They said that I would be on my own, that you would stop having me around the house and then my nan wouldn’t want me and I’d be all on my own. You’d all leave me like mum did”

Everyone was shocked by Darcy’s words, not realising what was going on everyone in the room was angry at themselves for not noticing that this was going on. Pulling away from Darcy, Charlie faced the little girl.

“Look at me Darc, you are not alone. We’re all here because we care and love you. What those girls said it rubbish and it’s mean. You know I found your mum that morning?” Charlie asked, at Darcy’s slight nod she continued on. “Well when I did all she could think about was you, her baby girl. Even though she was hurting her first priority was to make sure that you were safe. If she could she’d be here Darc she would be, she’d never willingly leave you it was just an accident and sadly it’s taken her away from you but it’s got nothing to do with not wanting you”

“But that’s what they said. They were my friends but they started being mean and said they couldn’t be friends with a freak like me, only freaks and weirdo’s go to see councillors”

“Darcy you are not a freak, don’t listen to them they’re just being horrible” Ruby told the little girl

“But I go to see a councillor that makes me a freak” the little girl said with tears falling

“Do you think I’m a freak?” Charlie asked Darcy

Shaking her head Darcy replied “No, you’re perfect.” Charlie smiled at her unexpected reply.

“But you just called me a freak” Charlie told the little girl

“No, you could never be a freak” Darcy said shaking her head

“But I am according to you. If you’re a freak then I’m a freak as well.”

“No you’re not” Darcy said firmly, they may not want her around but to her Charlie was wonderful. She was beautiful and smart and she was really nice to her. There was no way in Darcy’s mind that this woman could be remotely called a freak.

“Well if I’m not then neither are you.” Charlie said taking Darcy’s hand in hers. “I’ve had to see a councillor before, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s actually quiet brave to be able to admit that you need that help”

“Why did you have to see one?” Darcy asked

“Something happened when I was younger and it made me really upset. Thinking about it you’re actually a lot braver then me because you’re seeing one now, it took me a very long time before I went to see someone about it, to help me with how I was feeling. Is it helping you seeing the counsellor?

Nodding Darcy replied “Yeah, I felt silly at first but its helping.”

“Then forget what those girls are saying, you’re a brave girl Darc.”

“I’ll try to remember that but it’s hard, they were supposed to be my friends but they started being mean to me”

Stepping forward Darcy’s nan had tears in her eyes at what her granddaughter had been going through. “Baby you are loved, I love you so much don’t let anyone make you doubt that.”

“I love you too, please don’t feel sad because I want to live with my Dad. I like living with you but I really want to be with my daddy” Darcy told her Nan

“Darling, you can’t though. You heard what he said; we’ll just keep things the way they are”

“Please I’m just asking you both this one thing, why can’t it happen?”

“Darc like I said before it’s just going to be me; I won’t have the help and support”

“Heath is that the only thing stopping you?” asked Charlie

“Yeah and it’s a big thing, I don’t want Darc growing up like me” Heath said

“Well we decided today to stay in the bay, I’m not saying we’re going to stay here forever but we have no plans to move to the city anytime soon. So if it’s the support aspect that’s stopping you then it’s not even an issue” Charlie told him

Turning to his brother Heath asked for confirmation “Brax?”

“I’m here to help, how about we leave the three of you to talk this through” Brax suggested

“Hang on, are you all going to be staying in the house or will she just be with her dad, Darryl and Casey.” Darcy’s nan asked

“All of us” Brax answered

“I need to know whose going to be around my granddaughter, she’s very precious to me and after losing Tegan if I was to let this happen I would need to know that she was with people who would keep her safe and make her feel loved”

“We want the same thing for Darcy” said Heath

“Darcy what do you want?” her Nan asked her

“I love living with you I do, but I’ve never had a dad and I’ve lost my mum. I want to be with my daddy, I still love you very much but this is all new and I love being with him and Uncle Brax and Casey and Ruby and Charlie. l miss my mum so much and being with my dad it helps with the pain”

“Then you can stay with them but missy make sure you come visit okay, don’t you forget about your gran”

“I never would, l love you so much thank you for this”

“I just want you to be happy and if this helps then its fine with me”

“Thank you so much” Darcy was so excited about the fact she would get to live with her dad. She had lost one parent and she desperately wanted to be with her dad.

“I’ll take good care of her I promise” Heath said to Darcy’s Nan as he went towards his daughter and engulfed her into a hug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late when Brax, Casey, Heath, Ruby and Charlie arrived back to the house. They had to be forced to leave the hospital as they didn’t want to leave Darcy alone. As they got into the house they all slumped down onto various seats in the living room exhausted.

“Charlie, thanks for finding her” Heath said grateful that his little girl had been found before it got to late

“It’s alright Heath, I’m just glad she’s safe” Charlie told him

“I can’t believe she was going through all that with her so called friends” Ruby said thinking out loud

“I’m just glad we know now so we can put a stop to it” Heath said

One thing had been playing on Heaths mind since the conversation at the hospital, in fact it had been playing on all three of the Braxton brothers minds but Heath was the first to ask about it.

“So Buckton, were you just saying you’d seen a counsellor just to try get through to Darcy or was that the truth?”

“Hey Heath mind your own” Brax told his brother although he was planning to ask Charlie about it in private later on.

“Nah it’s alright Brax, I was telling the truth.” Charlie said looking to Ruby who had her eyes facing towards her hands as she fiddled with her fingers

“Is that all we’re going to get” Heath asked

“Yeah that’s all your gonna get, like I said something happened when I was younger and to deal with it I saw a counsellor. But Heath don’t worry I’m not going to go physcho and kill you all while you sleep” Charlie said laughing as she got up. “I’m off to bed now so night” she said as she walked to the bedroom.

“Heath, you and your mouth you never know when to shut up” Brax told his brother

“Don’t act like you wasn’t curious, I just asked what was probably on both you and Casey’s minds”

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean you had to ask” Casey said to his brother

“Rubes Charlie wasn’t upset was she?” Heath asked

“Nah she seemed fine” Ruby said as she listened to their conversation. “I think I’m going to go to bed as well, night guys” Ruby said as she got up and went to bed. On her way she went to Braxs room and walked inside.

“Brax is chewing Heath out about asking you about seeing a counsellor” Ruby said as she entered the bedroom.

“I can’t blame him for being curious”

“Are you alright?” Ruby asked her mum

“I was going to ask you the same thing” Charlie told her daughter

“Yeah I’m ok, I was just worried if all this talk about why you had to see a counsellor was upsetting you?”

“To be honest I’m not even thinking about that, I just wanted to get through to Darcy. But to answer your question yes I’m fine so don’t be worried okay” Charlie said as she hugged her daughter and kissed her on her head

Just then Brax walked into the room.

“Sorry am I interrupting something?” he asked feeling bad for walking in when he did

“Nah I was just saying goodnight, see you in the morning” Ruby said as she left the bedroom

“Sorry about Heath” Brax said as hefully walked into the room and started getting ready for bed

“That’s alright, I’m sure you was curious as well”

“Yeah I was but that wasn’t the way for him to ask you”

“It’s alright Brax, honestly I didn’t mind.”

“So……”

“Is there something you want to ask me” Charlie said as she watched Brax

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not really I only brought it up to get through to Darcy; it’s not something I want to really dredge up especially with all that’s been going on. I do trust you Brax so don’t think it’s because I don’t, that I won’t tell you it’s just…… I’ve got so much to deal with right now I don’t want to go dredging up the past as well detail for detail”

“It’s ok, you tell me if and when you’re ready just know that I’m here and I love you”

“I love you too” Charlie told him as they got into bed and cuddled with each other as they fell asleep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY for this BIG MASSIVE GAP in between updates. To be honest I have found it very hard to update with my motivation quite low to be honest plus I really am not watching home and away much at the moment to even keep interested in continuing. At least when I was watching it gave me a bit of a push to write what I would prefer to be seeing on my screen as opposed to how things have gone. That being said I do hate not starting things and not finishing so I am still trying to persevere with this story and also get the fun spark I had before when I was writing. If I still have some reader’s thank you for bearing with me and the updates might not be as regular but I will continue with this and hopefully you will still enjoy reading.

Chapter 28

It had been a few days since Darcy had been released from hospital; she spent the first two nights at her nans then went to live permanently with her dad. She shared a tearful goodbye with her nan who was emotional about her moving out of the house, although she knew she would see her it wasn’t the same as having her in the house every day, she loved Darcy so much and she also made her feel closer to Tegan but she knew that this was for the best. Darcy had made such a heartfelt plea that she couldn’t say no.

When Darcy had gotten to her new home she walked in to see Brax, Casey, Charlie, and Ruby with party poppers which they popped as soon as she walked into the house. There was a big banner saying welcome to your new home which made Darcy’s face explode with a massive smile. They had spent the afternoon chilling and eating snacks and nibbles they had laid out. Darcy had a great first day living in her new home but now she had to face another first. They had decided that Darcy would transfer to summer bay high and today was her first day.

“Darc you up?” Heath asked as he lightly tapped the door to her room

“No” Darcy groaned as she rolled over in the bed

“Come on you got to get ready for school” Heath said walking into the room and sitting on the bed

“Do I really have to go, I only just moved into the house yesterday I think I need a bit more time to get settled before I start school” Darcy said trying to get out of having to go

“Nice try kid but you’re going” Heath said getting up and pulling the duvet up with him

“arrrrrrrrgh no give it back” Darcy said putting the pillow over her head

“Come on Charlie’s making you breakfast, it’ll be ready once you get out of the bathroom”

Darcy decided to remain in her bed and was shocked as she felt her body being lifted up and placed over her dad’s shoulders.

“What are you doing?” Darcy half screamed half laughed out

“Oh my gosh” Ruby said as they came past the living room

“I’m helping you start your day” Heath said placing Darcy down in the bathroom “Don’t you just love living with me” Heath grinned at his daughter and then was greeted with the bathroom door being slammed in his face.

“You’re welcome Darc” he shouted out as he made his way to the fridge to get a juice

“Oh my gosh Heath, she didn’t look impressed with you” Ruby said as she went to take a seat at the table

“Yeah but it got her out of bed and in the bathroom”

“I can’t argue with that” laughed Ruby

Summer Bay High

It was lunch time and Darcy had finished her first two classes of the day. Sitting on the grass eating her lunch the sun was blocked out by a shadow behind her.

“Hi, do you mind if I sit here?” VJ asked as he stood beside Darcy. They had met a couple of times when Darcy had stayed in the bay and also at the hospital.

“No you’re ok” Darcy replied moving her bag

“How you finding it so far?”

“Not too bad, although I won’t be sitting anywhere near the front in Mr Browns class. It was like it was raining all the spit that came out of his mouth” said Darcy as she and VJ laughed

“Yeah sorry, I shoulda warned you. Everyone gets to class early just to be away from the front”

“I know for next time”

“I heard about what happened at your old school that was really mean for those girls to say those things to you. How you feeling now?”

“I’m alright, its good living with my Dad and I get a new start at a new school. It was horrible and I felt really down and sad but things are getting better.”

“That’s good to hear”

“Well there goes the bell” Darcy said as she started to pack her lunch away.

“Yeah, come on let’s get to class.” VJ said as they walked back to the school

Braxton House

“Where you guys off to?” Charlie asked Casey and Ruby as they made their way to the door to leave.

“Case I’ll meet you in the car” Ruby told her boyfriend as she went to speak with her mother

“I want to go into the city and Casey’s coming along” Ruby told Charlie

“Oh okay, well have fun” Charlie said as she went to put her mug into the sink

“I’m going to see Dad…. I mean Granddad and Grandma” Ruby said after a deep breath

“Oh okay”

“It’s just after everything that’s happened I just want to go see them and talk to them. I mean I can talk to them anywhere I suppose cause I feel they are with us but I just feel like I need to go to their graves I just need to talk to them”

“Come here” Charlie said as she pulled her daughter into a hug “Do you want me to come with you?”

“I’m alright I got Casey with me, unless you want to come?”

“I planned to go up their next weekend with it being the 1st anniversary of Dads death so I’ll just wait. But you go and do what you need to do, I’ll be here when you get back” Charlie said as she kissed the top of her daughters head

Beach

“Buckton you know you should really try and give surfing ago, you’re the only one in the house that doesn’t surf” Heath said as he dug his surf board into the sand and dried himself off with his towel.

“And its not going to change anytime soon, its really not my thing”

“How do you know unless you give it a try?”

“I just know”

“If you say so” Heath said as he sprayed water from his hair onto Charlie

“Oh my gosh, Heath don’t” Charlie screamed as she got up from where she was sitting

“Buckton scared of a bit of water” Heath teased

“I’m going to get you back for that” Charlie said playfully as she hit him around the head

Just then Heath caught sight of Liam and Bianca walking towards them.

“Oh great” Heath said under his breath

“Hi Charlie” Liam said as he reached the pair

“Hi” Bianca said to Charlie

“Hey, ummm congratulations about your engagement” Charlie said trying to break the awkward vibe

“Thanks! How are you doing?” Heath asked

“I’m good thanks” Charlie told him

“Well if you guys are done sucking out the good vibes we’d like to go back to having fun” Heath said as he was getting fed up of the atmosphere.

“Always the charmer Heath” Bianca said sarcastically

“Well you would know, I managed to charm your knickers off on more than one occasion” Heath spat back

“Oi don’t talk to her like that” Liam said getting angry

“What I ever saw in you I don’t know, one of the biggest mistakes in my life hooking up with you” Bianca hissed back

“Likewise you stuck up bitc….”

“Okay guys let’s just all calm down” Charlie cut of Heath not wanting the situation to escalate into a punch up between Heath and Liam

“Bianca, Liam I think maybe it’s best if you just leave before anything else is said”

“Yeah I think your right, It was good seeing you Charlie” Liam said pulling her in for a hug

Bianca held back not knowing whether it would be okay to hug Charlie so she went with a simple goodbye before her and Liam made their way off the beach.

Bianca and Liam

“What was that about?” Liam said as he and Bianca made their way up the beach

“Arrrrgh he’s such a moron. If you guys are done with sucking out all the fun” Bianca said mimicking Heath

“Babe you can’t let him get a rise out of you” Liam told his finace

“I just can’t help it, this is the first time I’ve seen Charlie since our little talk and he had to go ruin it with his stupid comment”

“Babe I think you both ruined it”

“so your blaming me”

“No what I’m saying is it may not have escalated if you hadn’t risen to it”

“Well I’m sure I heard you pipe up as well”

“yeah but only to defend my beautiful fiancess honour, look babe all im saying is next time count to ten okay”

“I’ll try” Bianca said as they walked towards the diner

Charlie and Heath

“What was that about?” Charlie questioned Heath

“What it was true they sucked out all the fun like a black hole of despair”

“Okay well if that’s what you thought fair enough but Heath you don’t always have to voice your opinion”

“Well she didn’t have to bite back”

“You really like her don’t you” Charlie asked thinking she knew what this was really about

“I did but not anymore, seeing her walking round town with the rock star all happy and cheery just winds me up”

“Why?”

“If you tell anyone I said this I’ll deny it”

“My lips are sealed”

“When it all comes down to it she used me, I actually liked her but all it was to her was a bit of fun. I’m over it, I’m over her but she used me then has the nerve to walk around the place like I’m dirt, it annoys me”

“Well if that’s how you feel just try not to rise to it and maybe practice biting your tongue no point adding fuel to the flames.”

“Yeah maybe” Heath said picking up his surf board “I gotta go need to get ready for my shift at Angelo’s makes no difference my brother being the boss he’s twice as hard on me. I’ll see you later Buckton” Heath said as he made his way up to the surf club

“Yeah, see you later” Charlie shouted back

Surf Club

“I’m bored” exclaimed Charlie as she sat at the table eating gelato

“well I get off in a few hours so we can go do something after that” Brax said to his girlfriend

“That’s all fine and well but what about tomorrow and the day after that, what do I do with myself now”

“find a hobby” Brax said with a chuckle

“I’m being serious Brax besides being a cop there isnt anything else for me to do in summer bay. I mean in the city there were options and it was supposed to be a new start new adventure and right now I just feel like blah”

“Like blah”

“Yes Brax like blah okay it’s the only word I can think of to describe it so don’t laugh”

“So what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know, that’s what makes it even more frustrating”

“Not to put a dampener on things but how about we just be happy you’re here to be bored and we’ll let the rest just fall into place.”

“Well I suppose when you put it like that…”

“Look I got to get back to the restraunt you can come up and join me or I’ll just meet you back here in a few hours” Brax said getting up from the table

“Ummm I’ll meet you back here I’m going to go for a walk”

“Okay well call me if you need me”

“Will do” Charlie said as she kissed him and made her way out of the surf club

Walking out of the surf club Charlie decided to go for a walk along the beach, she was happy to be alive but she really wondered what was next for her. What could she do next in summer bay, what did summer bay have to offer her. As Charlie got lost in her thoughts she didn’t hear the voice calling her until there hand rested on her shoulder making her jump and turn to the person wanting her attention. Looking into the face of the person before her Charlie’s heart started to beat faster as her anger raised.

“Don’t you touch me” Charlie said as she took a step back from the person stood before her.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

Archived