What May Come

Guest faith406

Great Chapter! :)

D'awww, Heath is such a softie in this fic. And Darcy is just the cutest.

I really enjoyed the part at the end where it showed each characters perspective. Very clever.

Can't wait for the next chapter :D

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

First just wanted to say thanks to those that are still reading and BIG THANKS to those that leave a comment/review its really nice reading them.

Okay so on another note I’m not sure about this update, not that happy with it but wanted to get something to you guys this week. Didn’t want to keep you waiting to long, I hope you enjoy and if not SORRY!!!!!

Chapter 25

It had been a week since Charlie had come out of the hospital and had been staying at the Braxtons. Everything had been going well but Charlie was yet to leave the house always saying that she just wasn’t feeling up to it. Now Ruby and Brax were starting to worry about the fact that she wouldn’t leave the house. Darcy had stayed for a couple of days and had to reluctantly go back to her Grans complaining that she wanted to stay at the Braxton house instead. Staying at the house allowed Darcy to get much closer to Ruby and Charlie in those few days and she had struck up a very strong liking and bond to the two Buckton women.

As Charlie sat in the bedroom getting ready she saw a familiar envelope in Brax’s draw which made her freeze. After a few moments Charlie went to pick it up and sat on the bed turning it over again and again in her hands. Finally plucking up the courage she opened it up to pull out the picture she was so scared to look at again. Running her hands over the scan of her baby she felt tears spring to her eyes, she didn’t know how to let go of all the pain she felt and to be honest with herself she wasn’t entirely sure she wanted to. Remembering seeing her boy on the beach Charlie felt herself move on autopilot and make her way to the beach. She didn’t register the rain falling heavily from the sky or the fact she wasn’t wearing any shoes all she wanted to do was go back to that spot. As she walked in the rain with nothing but a pair of jeans and a vest top on she finally set her sights on the beach and the spot she remembered she had first laid eyes on her baby boy. The beach was practically empty has she walked in the wet sand, when she finally got to the spot near the water she fell to her knees. She remembered the feeling she felt when she had seen him, his gorgeous smile and small hands. Charlie knew that this wasn’t doing her any good but she didn’t know how to let go or to deal with it. As she sat in the sand the water crashing on to the beach she closed her eyes and thought of her boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Braxton House

“Charlie, we’re back” Ruby called making her way back into the house with her boyfriend, when Ruby didn’t get a reply she went to Brax’s bedroom to see if she was sleeping.

“Casey have you seen Charlie?” Ruby asked running back into the living room worried about the fact Charlie wasn’t in the house

“No” Casey replied as he watched Ruby run into the bathroom to see if she was in there.

“She’s not in the house” Ruby said panicked

“Okay calm down I’m sure there’s an explanation” Casey said trying to calm his worried girlfriend

“Casey she hasn’t left the house since she’s come out of the hospital. What if something’s happened to her?”

“Okay, let’s call her phone” Casey said to his worried girlfriend as he pulled out his phone to call Charlie

Waiting in silence the quiet was interrupted by the sound of Charlie’s mobile ringing from the kitchen.

“I’m gonna call Brax, maybe he got her to go out” Casey said trying to keep Ruby calm. After a few rings Brax answered.

“Yeah Casey” Brax said answering his phone

“Hey Brax is Charlie with you?” Casey asked hoping the answer would be yes.

“No, she’s at home” Brax replied

“We just got back, she’s not here” Casey revealed to Brax.

“What do you mean she’s not there, she said she wanted to stay in she should be in the house” Brax said getting anxious and worried

“I don’t know Brax, but she’s not here”

“Have you called her phone” Brax asked

“Yeah, she hasn’t got it with her it’s here in the house” Casey replied

“Okay I’m going to look for her, Casey you go out and see if you can find her as well. Tell Ruby to stay at home in case she comes back, she can call Leah and Morag and anyone she can think of to see if she is with them” Brax said hanging up and going into his office to get a hoody. The restaurant wasn’t all that busy; all that was left were customers that were hanging around hoping the rain would die down. Brax’s heart was racing at the thought of something bad happening to Charlie again as he rushed out of the restaurant and through the surf club. Making his way outside of the surf club a figure on the beach caught his attention, taking a few steps closer Brax realised it was Charlie sitting in the rain. As he watched the waves that hit the beach crash into her he couldn’t help but notice her body didn’t even react, pulling his phone out Brax quickly sent Casey a text to let him know he’d found her. Making a run down to the beach to her Brax was scared about the emotional state he would find her in. As he got to her he slowly kneeled to the ground as not to spook her and softly spoke her name.

“Charlie” Brax said slowly putting his hand on her arm

“Charlie” he tried again more firmer, looking at her with no shoes on and in nothing but a drenched pair of jeans and a vest top she sat still with her eyes closed.

“Come on Charlie you must be freezing and your all wet, let’s get you inside” Brax tried again as he went to help her up.

“I can’t do this anymore” Charlie said finally opening her eyes

“What can’t you do?” Brax asked confused

“Remember when I told you I saw him, it was here I saw him here with my mum. He smiled at me and held onto my finger. My sweet sweet baby, my innocent boy” Charlie said ignoring Brax’s question.

“Please lets go inside and talk about this, you must be freezing” Brax said once again trying to get her out of the rain and cold.

“I feel numb. I’m hurting so much Brax it hurts to breathe and I’m trying I’m really trying to be normal and make you guys happy. You want Charlie back but I don’t feel like her, I’m hurting and I’m in pain and I…… I……” Charlie said in a state as she tried to control her emotions. As Brax went to put his arms around her in comfort Charlie pushed him back with a strength that surprised both as them. As Brax went to push himself up from the sand Charlie quickly got up and went to make dash away from him. When Brax had finally caught up with her he pulled her arm to stop her escape from him, knowing this was probably something that had to happen to help Charlie deal he was ready to make her confront her feelings.

“Charlie just talk to me please, you can’t keep going on like this. You’re going to make yourself sick” Brax said as he held onto her arm.

Shaking her head Charlie managed to break free from Brax’s grip, feeling crowded and surrounded by him she backed up trying to create some distance not realising she had taken steps into the water. Seeing her backing into the sea Brax started to get worried.

“Charlie please, come out of the water” Brax said as he watched her advance further into the sea, the waves crashing behind her from the wind. As Brax advanced towards Charlie she started to scream at him.

“Go away Brax just go away” she screamed at him tears and rain falling down her face.

“Never, Charlie I’m never leaving you” Brax said as he went to go towards her again

“I hate you” Charlie screamed at Brax which made him freeze

“What?”

“I hate you Brax, I hate this, and I hate us” Charlie screamed at him

“Nah you don’t mean that your just angry” Brax said to Charlie wishing to God that it was just the anger and hurt in her making her say these things.

“I do, we’re poison me and you. We shouldn’t be together; I got shot twice and kidnapped because of our relationship. I killed a man Brax, Casey got sent to juvie. You got stabbed and almost died; we lost our baby because of us. I hate you, I hate Jake I hate this whole situation and most of all I hate myself. I should have stayed away from you; I wish I stayed away from you. I hate you Brax, I hate you so much, I hate loving you so much and right now I hate that you love me because I wouldn’t be feeling like this” Charlie screamed with tears coming from her eyes.

“I’m sorry” was all Brax said as he went towards her and pulled her into his arms. As he encased her into his arms he could feel her violently hitting against him but he kept a firm hold on her as she continued to scream and cry. As tears formed in Brax’s eyes he murmured over and over again that he was sorry. As Charlie’s legs gave way to her grief they both ended up kneeling in the sand with the water around them. They sat there for a while in the rain and sand. Charlie finally stopped fighting against Brax and clung to him as she cried.

When Brax finally felt confident enough to try get Charlie to leave the beach he walked her to his car to drive back to the house. On their arrival they found Heath, Ruby, and Casey sitting in the front room. They were all shocked to see the state Charlie was in, her hair was soaked and so were her clothes and her eyes and face were red and blotchy. As Ruby went to get up and go to her mum, Brax shook his head and guided Charlie into his room. Casey pulled Ruby back down and put his arms around her to comfort her from seeing Charlie in the state she was in. As Brax led Charlie into the room he guided her to sit on the bed and went to get some towels to help dry her up. Knowing the conversation ahead wasn’t going to be a pleasant one Brax tried to brace himself as he took care of Charlie who sat vacant on the bed. Brax took of her top and jeans and wrapped a towel around her to dry her off; he went to the wardrobe to get one of his t-shirts to put on her before he changed into some dry clothes himself before sitting on a chair. Sitting on the bed Charlie caught sight of her scan picture on the floor by the bed, Brax followed the path her eyes had taken and watched her lean down and pick up the picture. Taking a deep breath Brax decided to try and talk to Charlie.

“Charlie you can’t keep all this in, you need to talk to someone if not me”

“I’m sorry” Charlie said turning her eyes to Brax

“What for?” Brax asked confused

“What I said on the beach, I’m sorry. I know this was your baby too and I know that you must be hurting too. The rational part in my head tells me that, but I think and I think and I think. I go over everything in my head over and over again……….. When you fall in love, when you love someone it’s meant to be good, it’s supposed to be great. Don’t get me wrong I know there are ups and downs I don’t expect it to all be perfect. Believe me I know how crap life can be I learnt that from a young age. But our love, I love you so much Brax I really do but look where it’s got us. Jake wanted revenge because I killed his brother; he wanted me dead and you hurting.”

“But he didn’t succeed, your still here with us alive”

“He still got what he wanted though; we still lost something Brax we lost our baby. When I found out I was pregnant I was so happy, I don’t remember ever being as happy as I was in that moment and now it’s gone. I never got to do anything for him; I never got to show him how much I loved him” Charlie said with fresh tears falling from her eyes.

“Is this my fault Brax, I shot Hammer. I killed a man and now my baby’s dead”

Getting out of his seat Brax went to sit on the bed next to Charlie, taking her hand in his he used his other hand to wipe her tears away.

“If we’re being completely honest it hasn’t been an easy ride us being together but there’s one thing that neither of us can deny and that’s that we love each other, we really truly love each other.”

“I know” Charlie whispered

“Would it of been ok for you to have let Hammer shoot me and then you?”

“No.”

“This is not your fault; our baby being taken from us was a horrible act by a horrible man. Don’t you ever blame yourself for the death of our son.” Brax said firmly pulling Charlie into his arms

“I understand where your thoughts are going, maybe we could have done things differently but I would always have fallen in love with you. I could never imagine loving anyone the way I love you and that’s why Jake wanted you dead. You had to go to the drug tip off I gave you that was your job, that’s where this started, with me looking out for my brother and you doing your job. Jake is the reason Hammer is dead, if he didn’t tell him to do what he did you wouldn’t of had to shoot him. You were protecting yourself; you were protecting me there was no other choice. If you want to blame anyone blame me, blame Jake and this stupid gang war, because you got involved with me romantically because I love you that’s why you were a target. Jake would never have gone after you otherwise. He knew loosing you would cause me pain.”

“I don’t blame you Brax, I hate this situation but I won’t blame you. I just don’t know how to get past this. I’m just so tired Brax”

Leaning back onto the bed with Charlie in his arms, he laid cradling her.

“I don’t know but we’ll get through this together”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two days since Charlie’s break down on the beach, Brax had decided not to go back to work and spend time with Charlie to work on things. They had spent time just being together but had also had some frank honest conversations to help deal with what had happened. They both wanted their relationship to work and Charlie felt that honesty despite how much the things said would hurt was needed.

On this particular afternoon Brax had a surprised planned for Charlie to try and help heal her about the loss of their baby. The house was empty and quiet as they made their way into the living room.

“Brax where are we going?” Charlie asked again not really expecting to get a different answer

“You’ll see when we get there” Brax replied going to pick up his car keys

“Brax can’t we just stay here and spend some time together”

“We’ve been doing that for the past couple of days. Look just trust me I think this is something you need to do. Now come on” Brax said taking Charlie’s hand and leading her out of the house.

The drive into town was a quiet one with Charlie looking out of the window trying to guess what Brax had planned. As he pulled the car into the surf club car park she looked to the beach where she could see Ruby, Casey, Heath, Darcy, Marylyn, Morag, Leah, Elijah, Sid, Roo, Alf, Leah, and Vj on the beach with colourful balloons. As she got out of the car she turned to Brax.

“What’s going on?”

“I remember you saying you never got to show our baby how much you loved him, so I thought we could do this for him.”

“Do what?”

“We let go of the balloon sending a wish a message to him, letting him know we love him and we always will. I hoped it would help you to let go of the hurt and pain.” Brax said as he saw Charlie try to hold back her tears.

“Come on” She said as she took his hand and walked down to the beach to her friends and family

As they reached the group Ruby handed Brax and Charlie the only two baby blue balloons amongst the bunch.

“Thanks for coming guys, I’m not a big talker and I’m not really big on letting my emotional side show. We’ve all been through a lot with Charlie being shot and not being sure if she would make it through and as happy as we are that she did survive we lost someone else. We lost our baby, so today we wanted to do something for him. Before you let go of your balloon you can maybe say a message or a wish to him just to let him know there are people here that love him and although we didn’t get to meet him we will never forget his life that was lost.” As Brax took a step back to hold Charlie’s hand Marylyn stepped forward to let go of her balloon.

“I know what it’s like to lose a child, its hurts so much and the despair and pain can feel so overwhelming that you don’t think there is a way through it but I promise you Charlie there is and you will get there.” Marylyn said to Charlie as she turned to look to the sky.

“I’m sorry we didn’t get to meet you, I hope you and Byron are making friends up there” Marylyn said before she let go of her balloon, taking a step back. Morag, Leah, Elijah, Sid, Roo, Alf, Leah, and Vj all took turns to say a little message before letting go of their balloons.

Darcy stepped forward holding onto her dad’s hand

“We all love you very much” she said before she let go of her balloon.

“With Buckton and Braxton genes I’m sure you’re a little looker, I’ll try being good so I get to come up there and chill with you when my times come” Heath said before he let go of his balloon

Casey stepped forward twirling the string of the balloon in-between his fingers.

“You’ll forever be in our hearts little man”

Ruby stepped forward holding her balloon tightly in her hands.

“I’ll love you forever little brother”

As everyone had said they’re message and let go of their balloons Brax and Charlie stood still holding onto theirs. Heath gestured for everyone to go to Angelo’s giving Charlie and Brax some privacy. As the others made their way up the beach Brax held onto Charlie’s hand and stepped forward to the place he had found that afternoon in the rain.

“I’m so sorry for what happened, I would do anything to change not getting to meet you and watch you grow up. I will always love you my son, stay safe and happy until mummy and daddy can be with you” Brax said as he held the balloon in his hands and then let it go.

“This is so hard” Charlie said taking a deep breath

“There’s no rush, take your time”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you, you will never know just how much I wanted you. I know your now safe up there with granddad and grandma, plus you got Jack there as well. I wish I was with you but until that time comes remember mummy and daddy love you very much. Always and forever my beautiful baby boy” as she finished speaking she pulled the balloon down into her hands and kissed it before letting it go into the sky. Charlie and Brax stayed on the beach watching the balloons in the sky until they couldn’t see them anymore.

“Thank you Brax. Thank you for being so thoughtful in thinking to do this.”

“I said we’d get through this together and I meant it, I love you”

“I love you too. Let’s not make the mistakes we made before, let’s make a promise here and now to always stay true and honest with each other and to learn from the past. It was so rocky our relationship in the past, let’s not repeat it.”

“I’m with you on that, I promise we’re not going back to that. I love you too much to ever let anything come between us again” leaning down Brax placed a kiss on Charlie’s lips. Taking her hand in his he asked

“Shall we make our way to Angelo’s?”

“Yeah but only to say thank you, I just want to go home and lay in your arms”

“You won’t get any complaints from me” Brax said smiling as they made their way up to Angelo’s.

As they entered their friends and family stopped doing what they were doing as Charlie asked for their attention.

“I just wanted to say thank you for today and being there. Thank you for being there throughout this horrible ordeal, you all mean so much to me and Brax and I love you all very much. I don’t want to be antisocial but we’re going to head home, todays been a lot emotionally but again I really just want you to know how thankful I am to have such amazing people in my life”

Before Charlie and Brax left they went to individually say bye to everyone before making their way out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Brax and Charlie lay in bed, Charlie turned over to look Brax in the face, leaning up to kiss him.

“Thank you, I know I said it already but thank you. I think it helped, actually I know it did. That feeling in my heart that ache it’s eased, it was important to do something for him. He knows we love him, I know he does.”

“I’m glad it helped, I just want to make you happy Charlie. You deserve it.”

“I love you Daryl Braxton, thank you for loving me” Charlie said as she leaned up to kiss him again. Wrapping her arms around him she laid back down finally confident that they would be okay.

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for the reviews/comments about the last chapter, as I said I was apprehensive about it so it meant an EXTRA WHOLE LOAD that you guys liked it. It almost makes me scared to put up anymore chapters because I really don’t want to disappoint. Anyway thank you again and hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading xxxx

Chapter 26

Brax and Charlie had spent the last couple of days together at home sometimes alone, sometimes with Heath, Casey and Ruby. Things had started to get better, this particular morning they had decided to all go to the diner for breakfast. Charlie hadn’t really been out much so today was a good step in the right direction. As they walked from their cars to the diner Brax took Charlie’s hand and led the way. As they entered Charlie was greeted with a big smile from Irene who came out from behind the counter and engulfed her in a hug.

“Darl it’s so good to see you” Irene said pulling back from the hug

“You too Irene, I’m so happy for you about the cancer being in remission?” Charlie said

“Thanks love, tough as old boots me.” Irene replied

“Hey Charlie” Leah said coming out from the kitchen with plates in her hand

“Right stay there, let me of load these plates” Leah said rushing to a table to give them their food. Rushing back Leah embraced her friend.

“It’s good to see you out and about” Leah told her friend

“Yeah, sorry about that. Really needed to sort my head out”

“Don’t be silly, no need to be sorry. How you feeling?”

“Better” Charlie replied

“I’m feeling hungry, can we order already before my stomach eats itself” Heath interrupted

“Hey gets some manners” Brax said as he hit his brother over the head

“Nah it’s alright, I can’t take a hungry Heath lets feed him quick. Leah we’ll catch up properly later” Charlie said to her friend giving her one last hug before they went to find a table. After a few minutes of sitting at the table Colleen made her way over to take their orders.

“Nice to see you looking so well, what a horrible incident to happen and in your own home as well” Coleen said

“Why thanks Coleen, can we order please” Charlie said not really wanting to hear whatever next colleen may have to say. She knew that she wasn’t malicious but Colleen had the tendency to say things that were best left unsaid.

“Ummm yeah what can I get you?” Colleen replied deciding to keep anything else she had to say to herself due to the glares she was receiving from Brax and Ruby.

Breakfast had been a quiet event with a few people coming over to say hi to Charlie. After they had finished breakfast Casey and Ruby went to the farm to hang out with Dex, Sasha, Xavier and April. Heath had a few things he had to sort out so left Brax and Charlie at the diner.

“So what do you want to do today?” Bras asked leaning back in his seat

“You’re going to work, and I got something I need to go do”

“It’s alright we can do it together” Brax replied not really liking the idea of leaving Charlie on her own. She hadn’t been out on her own since he had found her on the beach crying. Although things had been good and they had been talking about things he was still apprehensive about her being out on her own.

“You need to go check in on Angelo’s you haven’t been in there for days now Brax. Plus I need to get used to being out on my own and now’s a good a time as any” Looking at Brax’s worried face Charlie tried her best to make him a bit easier to the idea.

“Look I’ve got my phone with me, if at any point I feel overwhelmed or need you I will call you, I promise. Please just trust me this is just something I need to do alone” Charlie said taking his hands in hers.

“You call me straight away if anything happens okay” Brax said giving in

“I swear”

“Okay, come on lets go pay the bill and go” Brax said pulling her up with him and going to the counter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie decided to take a walk before heading to her location. As she got to a bench she decided to sit for a while, looking out to the sea she didn’t realise the figure approaching her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Bianca walked she was lost in thought about recent events, she had heard from Liam about the ceremony on the beach they had done for Charlie to help with her with her pain about losing her baby. Knowing it wasn’t about her Bianca couldn’t help but feel disappointed that she wasn’t able to be there for Charlie. She had held back with approaching Charlie because she had heard that emotionally she wasn’t doing well, plus with not being welcome at the house by Brax she hadn’t really had much of an opportunity to try heal the rift between her and her once best friend since she hadn’t been around the bay.

As she walked along Bianca couldn’t believe her eyes as she caught sight of Charlie sitting on a bench looking out to the beach. Bianca hadn’t seen Charlie since she was unconscious and comatose in the hospital. Taking a deep breath she powered on towards where Charlie sat.

“Hi” Bianca said not really knowing what else to say

Looking up to the voice that interrupted her thoughts Charlie laid eyes on Bianca standing before her.

“Hi” Charlie replied back as she turned to look back to the sea.

Not really knowing what to do Bianca decided to take a seat on the bench.

“How are you feeling?” Bianca asked

“Better” Charlie said as she fiddled with her fingers

“Did the ceremony on the beach help? Liam told me about it”

“Yeah it helped” Charlie replied taking a deep breath

“I would have come but…..” as Bianca spoke Charlie cut her off

“It was for family and friends and right now you don’t really fit into any category” Charlie replied turning to look at Bianca. Taking in the upset look in Bianca’s eyes Charlie carried on with what she had to say.

“I’m not saying this to hurt you but it’s true. We weren’t friends before I was shot and I haven’t seen you since that morning at the diner. The last time I spoke to you, you told me good luck in the city and goodbye. If Jake hadn’t shot me I’d be in the city, we would have both been getting on with our lives separately"

“I know” Bianca replied not being able to dispute what Charlie had said

“But Charlie after you called me Liam made me realise that I was being selfish, I was blaming you for things that were out of your control. I was just so angry and I let it cloud my judgement, I am so sorry for the way I treated you and I will never forgive myself for speaking to you the way I did when you was calling me for help.”

“Bianca I did miss you, you were one of my closet friends and for you to be able to discard our friendship like that so quickly and easily it hurt a lot. I begged you Bianca to sort things out with me but you weren’t interested. This here right now it feels so awkward and it hurts that that’s the way it is right now especially when we were such great friends…… best friends. But right now I only got enough in me to deal with one thing at a time, so this….. getting our friendship back on track is going to have to wait. ”

“I understand anything I can help with?” Bianca asked

“This is something I got to face on my own, but thank you for the offer.” Charlie said as she got up from the bench.

“I’ve got to get going, see you around Bianca” Charlie said as she walked off.

As Bianca sat she was relieved at the way the conversation had went, although they hadn’t instantly jumped back into being friends the promise of that happening was there and she was happy about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie made the familiar journey to her destination, has she made her way to the house she took deep calming breaths. Walking the familiar path she walked past the kitchen window and braced herself on the window seal, bowing her head down and taking more calming breaths Charlie braced herself.

“You can do this” she told herself out loud as she pushed herself of the window seal. Walking to the door she stopped and put her key in, slowly she turned the key in the lock then twisted the door handle. Slowly she pushed the door open, holding onto the handle she took a few hesitant steps into the house until she came to the kitchen table. As walked further she paused as a thought came to her mind, remembering that it was the spot Jake stood in as he raised his gun to shoot her. Feeling a bit wobbly on her feet Charlie willed herself to continue on in her path. Walking into the front room her feet took her to the spot she remembered laying in bleeding. As she kneeled down to sit down where she once lay bleeding she noticed that Leah had had the carpet changed. Sitting Charlie took deep breaths to calm her, this was her home and Jake had already taken so much from her already she wasn’t going to let him make her afraid to come into the house. A house that held may have held a horrible memory but also held good ones as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Brax dealt with the lunch time rush he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he had spent most of the day with Charlie on his mind wondering what she was doing and if she was okay. He was happy that she was coming back to her old self, the fact that she was confident to go out on her own was a good sign but he couldn’t help but worry. After all that had happened he just wanted to keep her safe and happy. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his phone and read the message.

I’m at Leah’s can you come and meet me, C xxx

As Brax stuffed his phone back in his pocket he told one his staff he had something to take care of and rushed off. Thoughts ran through Brax’s mind as to why she was at the house, remembering the last time they had gone there he was hoping she was okay. Brax was there in a matter of minutes, as he ran out of his car and slammed the door he quickly made his way to the back door. Seeing it already open he stepped in and spotted Charlie sitting on the floor in the same place him, Ruby, and Casey had found her. Brax was surprised by the over whelming feeling he had felt at the thought and the memory of that afternoon.

“That’s where he stood” Charlie said to Brax as she looked up at him after being alerted of his entrance

“What?” Brax asked confused

“Jake, he stood right there and shot me. That’s where he stood; I remember the look in his eyes, the expression on his face, the sound of his voice….”

“Charlie” Brax said as he went to sit beside her

“No, I’m alright. That hate he had, where did it get him. Because of him his brother is dead, he put Hammer in that position by telling him to kidnap me and kill the both of us. His hate as got him nowhere because I’m still here and he isn’t. I’m still here Brax and I’m not letting what he did stop me from being able to come here. I refuse to let him make me scared to come here”

Pulling Charlie into his arms Brax kissed her on the head as he held her close.

“I’m so proud of you, you’ve got a whole load of people that would have come with you today but you faced it on your own.”

“I felt like I had to” Charlie said turning to look at Brax “You’ve been so strong for me lately, all of you but I felt I had to do this by myself. This is my home and I’m not letting Jake make me scared to come into it”

“So what does this mean for us?” Brax asked

“What do you mean?”

“Living arrangements”

“What you sick of me already” Charlie asked jokingly

“No, I just now that you feel you can come into the house again are you going to be moving back in?” Brax questioned

“Do you want me to move back in to Leah’s?”

“No! Right now we’d be living together in the city and after what has happened I want you with me in my home in my bed every night. I don’t ever want to be away from you, you not living with me it just wouldn’t feel right”

“Smooth Braxton” Charlie replied blushing. “Let’s play it by ear yeah; I’m not in no rush to move back so let’s just see how it goes.” Charlie replied kissing him gently on the lips

“What about the city?”

“I haven’t really given it much thought”

“How about we put it on hold, I think right now being around friends and family is what’s needed”

“I think your right. So how about we get out of here” Charlie replied

“Come on I’ll shout you lunch” Brax said as he got to his feet and pulled Charlie to hers as well.

As they made their way out of the house and Charlie locked the door she smiled to herself proud that she was able to go back into the house. Happy that she had Brax with her in her life and happy for all the wonderful friends and family that she had surrounding her, helping her. With them together she felt that they could face anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As Brax and Charlie entered Angelo’s they caught sight of Ruby, Casey, Xavier, Sasha, April and Dex sitting in one of the booths eating pizza.

“I think we should talk to Casey and Ruby about the city” Charlie said as she led Brax to their table.

“Hey guys” Charlie said as she got to their table. “Can we borrow Casey and Ruby for a second please?”

“Is everything alright” Ruby said instantly getting up worried

Laughing at her Charlie replied “Yeah everything’s fine, stop worrying.” Taking her hand Charlie lead her onto the balcony as Brax and Casey followed.

“So what up guys” Casey asked as they all stood.

“I just wanted to ask how you felt about us staying in the bay, after everything’s that happened it would be good to be around friends and family.” Brax told the pair

“You had me worried there; I’ve already deferred my year at uni. This whole thing has been a nightmare; I think staying in the bay is a good idea.” Ruby replied

“Ruby I don’t want you putting your life and plans on hold because of me” Charlie said to her daughter feeling guilty

“I’m not, a part of it is for me. I lost you, and my whole world came tumbling down it’s not a feeling that’s easily forgotten. A lot of stuff came back to me in that time, a lot to reflect on things from the past, so right now I just want to be with my mum. And you know what a year away from study would be a nice break” Ruby said with a laugh as Charlie pulled her in for a hug

“And you Casey” Brax asked

“Works out good for me, I get to have you guys around and I’ll finish of my HSC. Now that’s sorted can we go back in before Xavier wolfs down all the pizza”

“Come on then” Ruby said as she took her boyfriend’s hand and walked back into Angelo’s to be greeted my an angry Heath.

“Brax” Heath called out as he made his way to his brother

“What’s got you so mad” Brax asked as his brother made his way to him

“I need your help, Darcy’s missing” Heath replied getting more wound up and upset

“Okay calm down, what happened?” Brax asked leading his brother out onto the balcony where Charlie, Ruby and Casey followed.

Running his hands over his face Heath tried to calm himself.

“Her nan called me and told me she was missing, she didn’t come home after her summer school club” Heath said pacing

“Okay so that must have finished what an hour ago, she may have gone to a friend’s house or…. ” as Brax tried to find a reason as to why Darcy may not have gone straight home Heath cut him off.

“Brax yesterday, she didn’t go home from her club yesterday afternoon. Her nan only just told me today”

“Have the police been informed” Charlie asked

“She said she called them and they’re looking into it. What if something bad happened to her? Why didn’t she tell me sooner” Heath said getting angrier by the second

“Okay Brax you and Heath take Heath’s car and go look for all the possible places you think she could be at. Casey and Ruby take Brax’s car and just go for a drive round the bay and Mangrove River see if you can spot Darcy. Heath we’ll find her, the police are probably out looking for her now.”

“She’s just a kid Buckton, she’s spent the night God knows where” Heath said

“Hey bro she’s a Braxton, we’ll find her and she’ll be alright” Brax said to his brother trying to keep him positive.

“Hey we heard what’s going on, we’ll go out as well and see if we can find her” Xavier said as he, April, Sasha and Dex stood by the entrance to the balcony.

“Thanks mate” Heath said as he went to go look for Darcy “Brax come on” he shouted as he made his way down the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Brax asked Charlie as they made their way downstairs

“I’m going to check back at the house she may have made her way their then I’m going to have a look around.” Giving him a quick kiss on the lips Charlie went to her car hoping that they found her before dark.

Archived