What May Come

Guest faith406

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you all liked the last chapter, thanks for the comments.

Here's the next chapter hope you enjoy xxxxx

Chapter 14

Hospital

Sitting down in the waiting area waiting to be allowed to go and sit with Charlie again Brax saw Elijah walking towards him.

“You didn’t go with the others?”

“Nah, thought someone should stay here with you”

“The only person I want with me right now is lying in a hospital bed”

The two sat in silence Elijah not really knowing what to say to Brax.

“I prayed for her”

“Yeah”

“Do you think he’d listen to anything a man like me would have to ask him?”

“Yeah, I’m sure he was listening. You’ve made some questionable choices in your life for certain reasons but like I’ve said before you’re a good man Daryl.”

“I’d give anything to be able to take her place, she doesn’t deserve this”

“I don’t doubt that for a second, but you can’t. Right now you just got to be there for her,”

“Hey, where’s everybody?” Heath asked has he approached where Brax and Elijah were sitting,

“They went back to the caravan park; we managed to convince Ruby that she should get some rest.”

“How’s Charlie?”

“Still no change, the doctors are running tests otherwise I’d be in there with her. Where’s Darcy?”

“She’s going to stay with April and Bianca, she may come down later she keeps asking about Charlie and how you are.”

“Mr Braxton” a nurse asked as she approached the men

“Yeah”

“You can go sit with Miss Buckton if you want, we’ve finished our tests”

“Anything changed?”

“Unfortunately not, you can make your way back to her room when you’re ready” the nurse told Brax as she walked away to check on her other patients.

“Umm guys I’m gonna go back in”

“We’ll be here if you need anything, take as long as you need” Heath told his brother

As Brax made his way back along the corridor back to Charlie’s room, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Reaching his hand in to stop the incessant buzzing he pulled out an envelope, first looking in confusion at it then realisation hit in remembrance to Bianca giving it to him before she left. Looking at the creamy yellow envelope Brax stopped in his tracks, leaning against a wall as not to block the passers-by he turned the envelope around in his hands.

Looking at Charlie’s handwriting on the front, his name was written. Feeling the envelope he could feel a hard type of card. It wasn’t his birthday for a couple of months he thought, slowly and delicately opening the seal Brax couldn’t help but feel a comfort knowing that Charlie had touched this envelope and the contents. It was something she had taken time out of her day to do for him, a part of Brax was scared that this may be the last time he opens something that Charlie had meant to give to him. As he pulled back the seal and opened the contents he pulled out a card. On the front was a picture of a house and NEW HOME NEW BEGINNINGS written on the front. As he opened the card he read:

To Brax

I just wanted to mark the occasion by letting you know that I love you. It’s been a very bumpy road but through it all we always found our way back to each other. This is our fresh start, our new beginning, I want you to know that I’m leaving the bad in the past and looking forward to spending my life with you.

I love you Daryl Braxton.

Your always

Charlie

p.s I put another surprise in the envelope, I hope you like it xxxx

As Brax looked inside the envelope he saw a smaller envelope sitting there. As he took it out he looked to the front but nothing was written. He pulled the card out and on the front it said CONGRATULATIONS. Opening it up Brax took a step back, his back hitting the wall as he read the message:

To Daddy

I can’t wait to meet you but until then I hope this picture will do.

Oh and the colour of the envelope would be nice for my nursery.

Baby Buckton-Braxton

Brax felt all the air leave his lungs and his legs go weak as he looked at the scan picture of their baby clipped to the inside of the card. He vaguely registered his body sliding down the wall as he lost all use of his legs, he was sat frozen looking at the picture. Their baby, it hit him harder and more brutal than when he first found out. From the cards it seemed his earlier assumptions were wrong, Charlie was indeed happy to be pregnant, pregnant with their baby. They were on the road to becoming parents, to having a little family. He was a dad and Jake took that away from him in his cold act of revenge. Brax was so lost in his grief that he didn’t even register Heath and Elijah both coming to his side worried.

“Brax, what’s happened” Heath asked his brother having to shake him slightly to try and get an answer.

Without looking at either of them Brax held out the contents in his hand for Heath to take. With his hands free Brax put his head in his hands and tried to hold it together.

Looking through the contents Heath went to try and speak to his brother again.

“Ah man I’m so sorry”

Seconds which felt like minutes went by, eventually Brax looked up and took back the cards and carefully placed them into the envelope. Getting up Brax turned to Elijah and Heath

“I just want to be left alone with Charlie”

With that said Brax made his way to Charlie’s room and opened the door. Brax stood in the entrance and closed the door behind him leaning against the door. He eventually managed to find the strength to walk to her bed. Has he pulled the chair closer to her bed he sat and placed his hand on her stomach and took her hand in his other hand. Alone in the dark room with the only women he ever let see him, all sides good and bad, soft and hard. Alone with the only women he ever loved, Brax finally let it all out, his anguish, grief, guilt and anger. Has he let his head fall to her bed he let out a heart wrenching sob and cried.

Archived