What May Come

Guest faith406

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved Brax being so vulnerable and how he is just pleading with Charlie to come back... Glad that Sid actually fought for her and told the other doc to go away. Love Brax just holding on :wub:

Heart breaking for Charlie leaving her boy but SO happy she thought of Ruby and Brax and came back for them...

Hoping the surgery isn't too stressful for them all....love that they are all there waiting for her :)

Can't wait for next update :unsure:

So after yesterday’s finale I thought I’d post the next chapter. I usually have another chapter already written before I post but after yesterday’s episode and sneak peaks I am too down to even be bothered to write anything. The sneak peaks made it a millions times worse :angry::(

Not sure when I will update next as I really don’t want to think about home and away, or the characters of Charlie and Brax right now as its just one big mess and I aint got much hope for next year.

Oh why do we even bother getting invested in the characters on tv shows when we just get screwed about on an epic level.

Any way before I go into a full on rant I’m gonna end it there.

Hope you enjoy the chapter and I will try update soon.

Thanks for all the comments, and glad you’re enjoying the story xx

Chapter 9

The Hospital

As Brax left the hospital room he was greeted by the sight of Ruby crying hysterically into Casey’s shoulder. As Ruby caught sight of Brax she quickly ran up to him and clung to him asking what was going on, the look in her eyes made him see that she had suspected the worse. As everyone gathered around him to hear news on Charlie he caught the faces of Morag, Alf and Roo wondering when they had all arrived. Speech failed Brax as he tried to get the words out to give them some hope that Charlie was going to pull through. As he saw Dr Collins go by, all Brax could hear in his head was 9:32pm.

Brax made a lung for the doctor all his anger at the situation coming out, Heath saw his brothers body tense and go to lung for the doctor. Has Brax managed to push Dr Colins against the wall, Heath pulled him back.

“Hey Brax calm down” Heath tried to hold his brother back. He could feel the rage Brax was feeling towards the doctor but had no idea as to why.

“Get of me Heath.”

“Let it go for now Brax, Ruby needs you right now.”

Heath felt Brax slightly relax and turn to Ruby, he told the doctor to get moving before his brother changed his mind and chose not to listen to him.

“Brax, please what’s going on? How’s Charlie, how’s my mum?”

“She’s fighting Ruby, they got her back but they need to take her to surgery”

At Brax’s words Ruby wrapped her arms around him and clung to him as she cried out of relief that they had finally been given a break. She knew her mum was strong and kept hope that she would keep fighting.

Brax pulled her from him and really looked at her. She was pale and he could feel her body shaking. As he saw Kate the nurse from Charlie’s room he called her over.

“Um Kate right” Brax asked

“Yeah, I haven’t got much to tell you. We’re still preparing her for surgery but she’s still in there putting on a fight” Kate told the anxious people waiting outside.

“Thanks, um can you maybe have someone check Ruby over please.”

“Brax” Ruby asked him confused

“She’s got diabetes and I just want to make sure that everything’s alright with her. She seems quiet pale and as you can understand with everything going on..”

“No that’s fine, I’ll be back and we’ll check her blood glucose levels and make sure everything’s fine.”

“I’m alright please just help Charlie”

“Your dad’s quiet right to be worried; at a time of stress it’s even more important to manage your diabetes.”

“Umm he’s not my Dad” Ruby said a little bit embarrassed and a bit sad that the assumption wasn’t true. She really liked Brax, it wouldn’t be so bad to have Daryl Braxton as a Dad.

“Oh sorry I just assumed” Kate said

“Nah that’s alright” Brax told Kate

“I’ll be right back to check you over Ruby.”

Just then Brax caught sight of his hands, has he moved back and muffled that he just needed to do something he turned and made a speedy exit down the corridor.

“Brax” Ruby called

“I’ll go, Casey you stay with Ruby make sure she lets the nurses do what they need to do.”

As Heath went to follow where his brother went Kate came out to take Ruby into a room to check her over. As Morag and Casey went with her she looked back to where Brax had practically ran and couldn’t help but wonder whether it was to do with the assumption the nurse made about him being her Dad. Up until then Brax had been like a constant rock, and then he fled.

Toilets

As Brax violently pushed open the doors to the men’s toilets he just about made it to the toilet before he was violently sick. Leaning over the toilet being sick is how Heath found his brother. Not knowing what to say he just stood there and waited for Brax’s lead. When he was satisfied nothing more was coming out Brax got up and flushed the toilet. Standing in front of the mirror by the sinks he stood frozen.

“Brax why’d you just take off like that” Heath said

“It’s on my hands” Brax said quietly

“What?”

“Her blood, I looked down and it was on my hands” Brax said looking down seeing her blood all on his hands from him trying to stop the bleeding. Looking further he could see it was also on his shirt. Letting the anger take over Brax lashed out and started punching the mirror. Heath rushed forward and held his brother trying to stop him from hurting himself on the glass.

“Brax, Brax stop. Come on, you got to keep it together Ruby’s counting on you. Anyone can see she’s looking to you right now; you got to try and keep it together. ”

“I’m not good enough.”

“Her mum seems to think you are. Now’s not really the time to doubt yourself, be the man Bucktons put her faith in to start a new life with.”

At Brax’s nod of acknowledgment Heath turned on the taps and guided his brother’s hands into the water to wash away the blood.

Although I’m indifferent to Brax at times on the show, LOVED him in this chapter, especially.............

 “Hey Brax calm down” Heath tried to hold his brother back. He could feel the rage Brax was feeling towards the doctor but had no idea as to why.

“Get of me Heath.”

“Let it go for now Brax, Ruby needs you right now.”

 Brax pulled her from him and really looked at her. She was pale and he could feel her body shaking

 “She’s got diabetes and I just want to make sure that everything’s alright with her. She seems quiet pale and as you can understand with everything going on..”

 “Umm he’s not my Dad” Ruby said a little bit embarrassed and a bit sad that the assumption wasn’t true. She really liked Brax, it wouldn’t be so bad to have Daryl Braxton as a Dad.

 “Her blood, I looked down and it was on my hands” Brax said looking down seeing her blood all on his hands from him trying to stop the bleeding.

 “I’m not good enough.”

“Her mum seems to think you are. Now’s not really the time to doubt yourself, be the man Bucktons put her faith in to start a new life with.”

Amazing update! Like you I am devastated by the finale and have resigned myself to believing that she won't make it (it looks ominous). I feel this way because if I have hope that Charlie will survive and she ends up dying, I'll be more crushed than I am right now. I'm preparing for the worst (and hoping like hell for the best!!)

Anyway loved this chapter, loved the interaction between Brax and Ruby and Brax and Heath. I hope you find some strength to write some more and give us the ending we all so desperately want instead of the one we (most likely) will be getting on the show x

Archived