What May Come

Guest faith406

Great update,

Felt so sorry for all o f Charlie's loved ones at the start of that chapter!! Even Bianca - though I'm still annoyed at her!!

I get that Charlie doesn't want to leave her little boy behind, but she needs to go back for Ruby and Brax's sake!!

YAY!! You brought Jack into it :wub:!!

Hope Charlie decides to go back!!

More soon please :D

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments, I know i've said it before but I really do appreciate them. Glad your all enjoying :-)

Chapter 7

The Hospital

The silence outside of Charlie’s hospital room was deafening. Casey, Heath, Liam and Bianca stood outside their faces all bleak as the situation had become the worst possible outcome.

They had since been joined by Alf and Roo Stewart. Morag, Charlies step mother was rushing on her way from the city after being informed of the situation.

“It’s been too long Heath” Casey turned to his brother his face set in distress and sadness. He liked Charlie, there had been ups and downs which involved her over the year but she was nice and good for his brother. Plus she had helped him out a couple of times. He feared how things would be now as she laid lifeless on the hospital bed.

Heath didn’t have any words for his brother, so he put his arm around him and continued to wait.

The Beach

“Charlie” she could hear Jack call her name but her eyes were fixed on her boy. As he put his hand on her to turn her face to him she tried to turn back, not wanting her eyes to stray too long from her baby.

“It’s not fair Jack, I’m pissed and I’m angry. Why did this have to happen, why now when I was so happy. I can’t leave him, I WON’T” Charlie screams at Jack as she breaks down into tears at how unfair this situation was.

“I’m so sorry Charlie, I know it’s unfair but what about Brax. What about Ruby, if you don’t fight, if she loses you do you think she’ll be able to cope.”

As Charlie’s hears what Jack is saying she breaks down even more, why did it have to be a either or choice. Wishing that for once she could have things how she wanted without having to sacrifice something precious.

The Hospital

Morag came rushing into the hospital to see the bleak faces that greeted her, turning to her brother Alf.

“What’s going on? Where’s Charlie?”

“She’s in there” Alf said pointing to the room where Charlie was. Morag turned to look through the glass to see doctors trying to revive Charlie’s lifeless body.

“Morag it’s been too long, they’ve been trying for 20 minutes now. It’s not looking good.”

As the weight of the situation weighed in on Morag she sank down into one of the seats.

“This can’t be happening” Morag exhaled

“She’s gone isn’t she, they’re not gonna bring her back are they” Bianca said to no one in particular.

Bianca walked down the corridor of the hospital taking in everything. As she stopped to lean against the wall she slid down to the floor. Liam came round the corner to check on his girlfriend, he knew that after all that had gone on the situation was going to be weighing heavy on Bianca.

“Hey babe” Liam said as he knelt down in front of his crying girlfriend.

“Liam” Bianca managed to croak out in between her sobs of tears.

“Hey, shush” Liam tried to comfort his girlfriend.

“Liam she’s Charlie, I can’t…. Oh God it’s so bad. I can’t lose her Liam. She’s my friend she’s my best friend. I’ve been so mean to her Liam. Brax told me she was heartbroken about us not being friends again and I just shrugged it off. I need to talk to her, but I can’t.”

“Babe it’s gonna be alright, just have some hope.”

“SHE’S DEAD LIAM” Bianca shouts out in anger. “She’s lying dead in there, no matter what they do she’s not waking up.”

Just then Heath Braxton approached the couple.

“Bianca just shut up, no one needs to hear that. Better still why are you here? You’ve been bagging out Charlie since the accident. I thought you weren’t her friend anymore so no need for you to be here.”

“Hey heath that’s enough, she upset and here for Charlie” Liam replied in support of her girlfriend.

“She wrote of Charlie for being with Brax she doesn’t need friends like Bianca. She said it herself that they’re not friends.”

Has Liam moved to approach Heath for his harsh words towards Bianca, she got up to try diffuse the situation.

“He’s right Liam, I haven’t been a friend to Charlie recently but I’m here now. It may be too late but I am here now. I’m scared and I hate myself for how I’ve acted, not just these past few days with Charlie and Brax but with the way I’ve treated you too Heath. I love Charlie, she’s my best friend. She’s Charlie! I need to be here, I can’t be anywhere else right now I love her and I need her to know I’m so sorry” As Bianca again became wrecked with tears Liam wrapped his arms around her to comfort her.

Heath just looked at the pair, not in the mood for any more arguments he went back to his brother and waited.

The Beach

Suddenly Charlie screamed out in pain as that feeling came back again.

“Your loosing time Charlie, soon you won’t be able to fight back. Please you need to fight, I promise you despite all this once the storms passed happiness is coming your way.”

“Please Charlie, you have so much more to live” Charlie turned to see her Dad standing beside her.

“My little girl, I’m so proud of you and love you so much. Please there’s so much more for you. Trust what we are saying, I would never steer you wrong.”

“I’ve missed you, why did you have to leave me. I need you.”

“No you don’t Charlie, it’s been a rollercoaster of a year but you’ve come out of the otherside and you were happy. You still can be, you’ve just got to be stronger a little bit longer.”

“I can’t, Dad I can’t”

Seeing that time was running out Elsie, Charlies mum moved forward and took her daughter’s face into her hands.

“You can. My lottie all grown up, your stronger than you realise. Baby you wouldn’t still be standing if you wasn’t, after everything you have been through and had to face. You’ve come so far and you know what, you got a lot further to go my girl.”

“ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!” Charlie screamed as she collapsed into her mother’s arms.

The Hospital

Charlie’s Hospital Room

“Doctor it’s almost been 30 minutes maybe we should stop, she’s still in v-fib.”

Sid turned to look at Brax and Ruby, it was always hard when it was someone you knew that was lying on the bed.

“No, no please no please don’t stop please. Oh God no please.” Ruby screamed and cried at them not to stop trying to save Charlie. As she rushed forward towards her mother Brax held her back and called for his brothers.

“Casey, Heath”

Hearing their names called they rushed into the room to see Brax holding onto Ruby as she was screaming at the staff not to give up.

“Take her out of here, it’s too much for her” Brax shouted at his bothers.

As they pulled Ruby out of the room she continued screaming and shouting “Please don’t stop, mum! Mum! I want my mum please please don’t stop, Muuuuuuuuuuuuum.”

As they got her out into the corridor Ruby collapsed into Casey’s arms crying and calling for her mum.

Morag knelt down and put her hand on her back trying to offer some sort of comfort for her distraught granddaughter.

Charlies Hospital Room

“Sid please” Brax pleaded with Sid not to give up on his future.

“Dr Walker, we’re wasting blood here. We could go on but I feel it’s time to call it. You’re emotionally attached to this situation” Dr Collins said.

“Whether or not I know this patient is irrelevant, I’m working to provide the best possible care for my patient that is all.” Sid could not believe what was coming out of his colleague’s mouth. The situation was tense already this was not needed.

“Well I disagree, you’re just causing her family more pain by prolonging the inevitable. I’m calling it.”

“No” Brax shouted as he saw the doctor look to the clock. Tears spilling from his eyes as he felt the world crashing down around him.

“Time of death, 9:32pm.”

WOAH at most/all of that, especially the ending and ..........................

 “It’s not fair Jack, I’m pissed and I’m angry. Why did this have to happen, why now when I was so happy. I can’t leave him, I WON’T” Charlie screams at Jack as she breaks down into tears at how unfair this situation was.

“I’m so sorry Charlie, I know it’s unfair but what about Brax. What about Ruby, if you don’t fight, if she loses you do you think she’ll be able to cope.”

As Charlie’s hears what Jack is saying she breaks down even more, why did it have to be a either or choice. Wishing that for once she could have things how she wanted without having to sacrifice something precious.

 “SHE’S DEAD LIAM” Bianca shouts out in anger. “She’s lying dead in there, no matter what they do she’s not waking up.”

 “You can. My lottie all grown up, your stronger than you realise. Baby you wouldn’t still be standing if you wasn’t, after everything you have been through and had to face. You’ve come so far and you know what, you got a lot further to go my girl.”

 As they pulled Ruby out of the room she continued screaming and shouting “Please don’t stop, mum! Mum! I want my mum please please don’t stop, Muuuuuuuuuuuuum.”

Archived