What May Come

Guest faith406

LOVED that, most especaily .........

 As my eyes start to close again I hear footsteps and a scream from a female sounding like Ruby. Then I hear his voice, Brax telling Casey to get Ruby away that she doesn't need to see me like this. I feel is hand on my face as he tells me I'm going to be fine and to keep hanging on.

 "Don't try talk baby, just keep fighting" I can hear Brax saying, I think he's crying as a few tears drop onto my cheeks. I need him to know it was Jake, he'll be coming for Brax next and if I don't make it, I need to know Brax will be safe. That’ll he will be around for Ruby. With all the strength I can muster I finally get it out.

 Charlie at the beach

The sun felt nice and warm on my skin, I stretched my feet out into the warm sand. I could make out a little baby with someone I assumed to be their mother near the water. They looked so happy together by the water.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow amazing update - loving this story so much already,

I really hope that something will be the way that the show go with the whole Jake story line!!

Glad that they found Charlie!! As bad as all of this is - I love seeing the caring and protective side of Brax!!

Hope that Charlie's ok!!

More soon please :D

So glad your all enjying it so far. Thanks for alll the comments :-) xxx

Chapter 4

Brax

"Charlie, Charlie wake up baby come on open your eyes. Sid her eyes were open she was holding on." I shouted at him as I felt my future slowly slipping away from me.

Everything was a haze as Sid quickly ushered me into the emergency room to place Charlie on the bed. As I was pushed back for all the medical staff to come in and work on Charlie I couldn't believe the situation we found ourselves in.

I felt a distraught Ruby come up behind me asking me what was going on. All I wanted to do was fall to the ground and break down as the doctors continued to work on Charlie. Things were looking bleak but somehow I had to hold it together for Charlie, for Rubys sake. I felt Ruby put her arms around me and could feel her body shack from the tears she was shedding.

Charlie

I felt so at peace sitting on the beach, I could see the baby again by the water with the women. He looked so cute taking little steps in the sand while the women played with him holdin his hand to help keep him up He looked like he was new to the concept of walking but really enjoying it. Something kept playing on my mind to disturb the peaceful feeling I had then it hit me. Jake had shot me!!! I remember being in Braxs arms but the rest seems to be a blank to me. As I try to get my bearings together a shadow appears behind me. As I turn to see who it is, I’m shocked by the face that greets me.

Heath

As I sit in the hospital waiting room with Darcy I can’t help but feel completely helpless. Brax is always looking out for me and Casey, it pisses me off that I’m so helpless in this situation. I can’t fix Charlie or make her better. As I watch Brax holding onto Ruby watching the medics working on Charlie I realise just how much he really does love this chick. I can’t believe that after all that it’s taken for them to finally be happy and together it might just all be over. If Charlie dies I can’t begin in imagine what that’s going to do to Brax.

“Dad is Charlie going to be alright.” I turn to see Darcys tear stained eyes looking up at me. So I tell her a lie that at this moment I’m not so sure is true.

“She’s going to be better than alright Darc, she’s a cop she’s made of strong stuff. Otherwise your Uncle Brax wouldn’t be with her otherwise”

“I don’t want her to die, she’s nice and she makes Uncle Brax really happy.”

“Darc she going to be fine, I promise.”

“Hey Heath, Darcy! What’s wrong.” I turn to see April Scott coming towards us.

“Um it’s Charlie, she’s been shot.” I reply.

“What, oh my how is she.”

I point her in the direction of Brax, Casey and Ruby. I hear April gasp as she takes in the sight of the situation. She’s rushes over to Ruby and flings her arms around her in comfort. I feel Darcy tear up even more as Ruby breaks down even more in the arms of her friend. It was bound to come sooner or later but I realise that I’m gonna have to really step up in this situation. As April comes back to me and Darcy I ask her a favour.

“I need to get these meds back to Irene, I feel so bad for having to go but she really needs them”

“Hey, umm Darcy.. she shouldn’t be here it’s just upsetting her and I think its reminding her about her mum dying.”

“Yeah I hear what you’re saying, but what can I do to help.”

“Could you take her home with you, there’s no one at home to look after her.”

“No no need to ask that’s fine, anything I can do to help.”

“Thanks, I just need to go tell Casey that I’ll be back.”

As I walk towards the doorway Brax, Ruby and Casey were so firmly glued to I got another glance of Charlie on the bed with all the doctors and nurses rushing around working on her. I tapped Casey to let him know I what I was doing.

“Casey, I’m going to drop Darcy of with April, it’s doing her no good being here. I’m going to come straight back. Keep it together till then ok.”

I hug Casey as he nods his head, seeing Brax so broken as shaken me up. He’s been the head of our house for so long, the leader of the river boys. I never thought this side of Brax even existed, I didn’t think anything could make it exist. This night proved me wrong.

Irene’s House

April

“Heath you can put her down in my room.” The card ride seemed to have taken it out of Darcy, she had managed to cry herself to sleep. As Heath carried her into the house I hoped that Bianca and Liam weren’t around. Current circumstances into consideration, it was probably the last thing Heath needed to deal with right now.

As we got to the doorway I saw Bianca, Irene and Liam all sitting in the living room watching a film. As Heath entered with Darcy in his arms I could see Bianca’s face tense up. I put my hand up to cut off any remarks that was about to come out of her mouth. As Heath entered my room and gently place Darcy down on my bed I went to the living to explain what was going on.

“What is Heath Braxton doing in our home?” Bianca hissed at me less than impressed to see Heath in the house.

“Bianca keep your voice down, Darcys sleeping. Here Irene sorry it took so long” I say as I pass her the pills I had collected from the hospital.

Just then Heath emerged from my room into the living room to the unwelcome stares of Liam and Bianca.

“I think you should be going now, what another night out on the beach with your river boys. Don’t use my sister to babysit for you, just so you can go out and get drunk with you waster friends.”

“Bianca!!!” I yealled “Just shut up please, let me explain.”

Just then Darcy emerged from my room, the tear stains on her face visible for all to see.

“Why are you shouting, did something happen. Are you upset to” Darcy was looking at Bianca looking for an answer.

Bianca

“No Darcy I was just being a silly grown up, I’m sorry I woke you.” I don’t know why I was spewing at Heath maybe because a part of me was so angry for the way I had treated him.

I looked to Heath and Darcy something was up and I was so stupid not to realise it when they first entered the house. As I went to question Heath his phone went off. Whatever was going on ,Heaths side of the conversation didn’t sound good.

“No Casey I’m coming back now okay, tell Brax I’m on my way.”

Heath hung up the phone and hugged and kissed Darcy before saying thanks to April and making a quick exit out of the house.

“What is going on April, that didn’t sound good.” Searching Aprils face for an answer Darcy’s next words made my world go still and my head spin.

“Is Charlie going to die just like my mummy.”

I felt like I had been frozen to the spot as I saw April kneel down and tell Darcy that everything was going to be alright. I felt Liam’s hand on my back guide me to sit down. April took Darcy back to her room and came back to tell us that Charlie had been shot and that it wasn’t looking that good at the moment.

“Heath said in the car that she’d been laying there for at least 8 hours, she’s lost so much blood.”

As I hear April talking I get up to grab my phone to check the time Charlie had called me, my knees buckle as I realise she had called me within that time. I remember the sob on the phone before I all but shouted goodbye to my best friend. She was calling for help and I pushed her away.

I look up to see Liam, Irene and April around me.

“she called me, ” I sob “she called me and I didn’t even give her a chance I just shouted at her and hung up the phone.” I let out a heart wrenching sob as I realise that we may never get to put things right. Charlie’s last thought of me would be that she called me for help and I had rejected her out of anger for something I should never have truly blamed her for. Right now it all just seemed so petty.

“I need to go, Liam please can you take me to the hospital I need to see her.” I beg with him.

“Bianca it didn’t look good, maybe you should go in the morning. Just wait for news here.” April said in reply to my need to be near Charlie

“No I can’t wait, I need to be there.”

“Pet maybe you should listen to April, just stay here your pretty shaken up.” Irene tried to reason with me but I had made up my mind.

“No I’m going” I shouted at them, “sorry I know your trying to help but if Liam won’t take me I’ll take myself.” I say in a determined tone so they know either way I’m going.

“I’ll stay with her and keep you guys updated.” I smiled at Liam, looking at him I realise just how lucky I am to have him. Even despite everything that had happened. I hug Irene and April before leaving.

Man !!! That was just soooooooo FANTATSIC, especially ...........

 Things were looking bleak but somehow I had to hold it together for Charlie, for Rubys sake. I felt Ruby put her arms around me and could feel her body shack from the tears she was shedding.

 I felt so at peace sitting on the beach, I could see the baby again by the water with the women. He looked so cute taking little steps in the sand while the women played with him holdin his hand to help keep him up He looked like he was new to the concept of walking but really enjoying it. Something kept playing on my mind to disturb the peaceful feeling I had then it hit me. Jake had shot me!!!

 “She’s going to be better than alright Darc, she’s a cop she’s made of strong stuff. Otherwise your Uncle Brax wouldn’t be with her otherwise”

 The card ride seemed to have taken it out of Darcy, she had managed to cry herself to sleep.

 “I think you should be going now, what another night out on the beach with your river boys. Don’t use my sister to babysit for you, just so you can go out and get drunk with you waster friends.”

 I felt like I had been frozen to the spot as I saw April kneel down and tell Darcy that everything was going to be alright.

 “she called me, ” I sob “she called me and I didn’t even give her a chance I just shouted at her and hung up the phone.” I let out a heart wrenching sob as I realise that we may never get to put things right. Charlie’s last thought of me would be that she called me for help and I had rejected her out of anger for something I should never have truly blamed her for. Right now it all just seemed so petty.

Great update. Poor Darcy having to see that. :( And Brax and Ruby, they must be in bit rights now! Hoping Charlie's thoughts of the baby on the beach is her and her little one in the future! Grr Bianca, yes do feel very bad about what you did! Silly woman.

Update soon :)

Archived