What May Come

Guest faith406

Loving this story! Its got me properly tense...really wishing that Charlie is going to be ok and Brax stays devoted by her side and hangs on to sort Jake out later...

Excellent writing! Can't wait for your next update! Reckon that Bianca going to the hospital will properly stress Brax and Ruby out considering the way she has been...looking forward to next chapter. Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sorry its a short one but i will update soon. Thanks again for the positive response, definatly encouraging me to keep on with the story.

@Danni02 Hoping Charlie's thoughts of the baby on the beach is her and her little one in the future! Not going that way, so sorry going more the angsty way with that part of the story. A bit bittersweet, sorry.

Chapter 5

The Beach

“Dad” Charlie looked up into her father’s face as she got up to hug him she couldn’t quite reach him. As distress took over her face she became upset.

“Your still fighting Charlie, I wouldn’t expect anything less from my little girl.” Ross said to his daughter.

“Is this real.”

“As real as you want it to be, who to say it isn’t. ”

“I miss you so much Daddy” Charlie sobbed as she once again tried to hug her father but unable to.

Charlie sighs and sits back on the sand and again gazes at the little boy and the women. It suddenly dawns on her who the woman is.

“Is that mum, oh my gosh it is, a tear rolls down Charlie’s face as she gets up again.”

As she takes a few steps forward she stops in her wake.

“Whose the little boy.” Charlie turns to look at her father “Dad” Ross paused his face blank,” please just tell me.”

“I think you know Charlotte.”

“He’s my baby isn’t he, I’ve lost him.”

As Ross nods at his daughter Charlie makes a quick run to her mother and her son.

Charlie

As I reach my mother I stop as I see my little boy, smiling with that smile I’d seen so many times on his father’s face.

I felt like a million years and not just a couple days ago I had gone to see the doctor. I just thought it had been stress from everything that had been going on, and maybe something lingering from the accident with Liam and Brax. I was equally shocked to find that I was in fact pregnant. It felt like with Ruby where I seriously wasn’t listening to my body. I mean how I could let it get this far, from what the scan showed I was 22 weeks. But then again with everything going on I’m not that surprised. I was even more surprised to hear that after everything that had been happening recently that everything was alright with the baby after we had done a scan. I’d been packed away with a picture of the baby and a prescription bag that rattled as if I had a maraca in my bag.

I remember sitting on the beach thinking about what I was going to do, but a weird feeling came over me, for once in my life I wasn’t completely frightened. I knew this baby was made in love and would grow up with a mum and dad that loved them so deeply. I’d decided to wait till we got to the city to tell Brax, to be in our new home with news that would really start our new beginning. Three days and I would have been able to give him the card with the picture of our baby that I knew he would want and love with all his heart.

As I turn to our son I went to reach for him.

“You can’t Charlie, your still fighting.” I hear my mother say to me.

In that moment I feel myself let go, all I want is to hold this little boy. As I reach forward hoping that he would be within my grasp I feel his soft baby skin as I let go.

That is just soooooooooooo emotional and beautiful, especially .......

 “He’s my baby isn’t he, I’ve lost him.”

As Ross nods at his daughter Charlie makes a quick run to her mother and her son

 As I turn to our son I went to reach for him.

“You can’t Charlie, your still fighting.” I hear my mother say to me.

In that moment I feel myself let go, all I want is to hold this little boy. As I reach forward hoping that he would be within my grasp I feel his soft baby skin as I let go.

Archived