As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

Another wonderful update. I love how different this story is.

I feel so sorry for Charlie, and now for Brax. He's really got no idea what he's gotten himself into!

Oh dear Charlie, I hope you and Brax can get out of this together.

Angelo! Grr! :angry:

Oh wow, Ruby may just be getting the truth sooner than she realised...maybe.

Can't wait to see where you take this.

Update soon please :)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update :D,

God I hate Angelo, I can't believe that he threatened Casey to get Brax to sign the papers - grr!!

Poor Charlie, she tried to warn Brax. It was good to hear a bit more about Charlie's past in this story.

Ooh, is this Ruby making an appearance??

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Thank you so much; elikell, Lucii, Angel90, soph1303, Sarah, Chickiboomxx, Sam and Carina for the lovely comments. I appreciate the time you take to comment :wub::)

And I'm glad you like how its a different type of story elikell

Chapter 10

Brax ran his hand down Charlie's arm as she remained close to his chest. Her head pressed against so close that she could hear his heartbeat. She felt soothed, much like a baby as is nestled close to its mother. She never wanted to pull away, she never wanted Brax to let her go. She never wanted to face her reality: Angelo.

Sighing heavily, Charlie began to move away from Brax. Her hair stuck to her cheek from the damp caused by her tears. She moved her hair away from her face to meet Brax's gaze into her eyes.

"I should go" Charlie fixed her dress; her hands ran down her legs as she pulled her dress down, her eyes also on her hands. Brax placed his hands on Charlie's hands, all the while, looking at her head, hoping she would look up and once again, meet his stare

"You don't love him" Brax pulled Charlie's hands close to him

"Brax no" Charlie pulled her hands from Brax and burried her head in them "I can't go anywhere. Once you're in, you never get out" Charlie sniffed back more tears, but one lone one escaped "If I stay with him, at least I have...have some life"

"What life?" Brax asked "charlie, he treat you like shi...dirt, has no respect for you or Bianca for that matter, he's a kno..... He just aint nice to anyone" Brax answered "I can get us out" Brax promised as he took Charlie's hands in his

"No you can't" Charlie replied, shaking her head "Sid, Liam and I are in this for however long" Charlie added, her tone showing her defeat

"What about Bianca?" Brax asked as Charlie removed her hands from Brax's

"Angelo has no interest in her because she has none in him" Charlie replied as she walked over to the bar to grab her bag "She's the lucky one"

Brax watched as Charlie made her way to the door "You never finished telling me" Brax said

"Telling you what?" Charlie asked as she turned to face him

"If your aunt lives too far away for Angelo to do her in, who is the other family?" Brax looked to Charlie to see if she reacted

"Just leave it Brax" Charlie answered with a tired tone, before she decended the stairs.

Brax looked to the space the Charlie once stood, wondering what the hold was Angelo had on Charlie. He placed his hands on his hips as he batteled with his thoughts for a moment; his thought train interupted by the sound of footsteps approaching.

Brax quickly grabbed the brush and began sweeping, something he soon stopped doing once he saw who walked in

"She was hot. What's her name?" Heath asked as he walked over to the bar and helped himself to a drink

"What the hell are ya doing here? I told you to keep away from here" Brax raised his voice as he walked over to Heath

"Calm down bro" Heath smiled

"Nah, seriously mate; get the hell away" Brax warned

"Alright, jeez" Heath heald his hands up, looking to Brax whos gaze never moved "I'll see you later" Heath walked passed Brax who followed him with his eyes. Brax threw the brush to the ground as he heard Heath leave the building. His face showed his anger and upset, his actions saying all that needed to be said; tables were upturned, chairs were thrown around the room, bottle debris flew across the floor as Brax kicked his feet in anger.

He collapsed to the ground, burying his head in his hands; realising that he was trapped and that his brothers were no longer safe.

~*~

Charlie rubbed the lotion into her arms as she sat at the mirror. She looked to Angelo via the mirror, disgusted with how he got Brax to sign the contract "why did you do it?" Charlie asked, as she rose to her feet

"Do what?" Angelo asked

"You know what. Why did you go around to his house and scare his kid brother?" Charlie replied, looking at Angelo in disbelief

"You weren't getting anywhere with him, and I needed the contract signing" Angelo replied as though what he had done was a bad thing

"He's a kid! He's thirteen years old! You're over twice his age!" Charlie shouted "How can you live with yourself?" Charlie asked as a lone tear trickled down her face

"I do what I need to to keep myself safe" Angelo replied

"By going around and and scaring young boys?" Charlie asked

"If you had done what I asked-"

"I was! I still have tonight and tomorrow to get Brax to sign the contract, you just didn't trust me enough" Charlie butted in

"No, and you know why?" Charlie bit her lip to stop herself form crying "You're weak. You need me to do anything and everything for you; you'd have nothing if it weren't for me; no friends and no family" Angelo looked intensely at Charlie, who focused on anything but her deep desire to cry in front of Angelo; she didn't want to give him the satisfaction "I'm going to sleep at the club" Angelo shook his head as he looked to Charlie, who was now sat on the edge of the bed, holding desperately on to her tears.

The front door closed and Charlie looked around her and found an empty room; she was alone. Collapsing fully to the bed, Charlie let go of the tears she had held on to; her cries -had anyone been in the house- would have been heard by all. She sobbed harder and harder, wishing she had someone to comfort her.

Nobody came.

She wanted Brax. There was something about him, something that made her feel safe. She couldn't quite understand what it was about Darryl Braxton that made her crave his comforting arms. But she couldn't face him and having him ask her more questions over her family.

Slowly sitting up from the bed, Charlie looked to the mirror where she had been sitting. She walked over to the mirror and wiped her face from the dampness her tears had caused. She took her lipgloss and placed some on her lips before grabbing the mascara and applying some to her lashes. She smiled softly to herself before grabbing her

purse and leaving the bedroom; she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a chilled bottle of wine from the fridge and made her way to the front door.

~*~

Irene switched the light off in the kitchen and headed across the living room, smiling at the sight of Liam and Bianca in a loving embrace as they watched a movie on TV.

As she went to head up the stairs, a knock at the door stopped her from going any further "Charlie" Irene smiled, she hadn't seen Charlie since earlier in the week; seeing

Charlie at anytime was becoming more of a challenge, she would always seem to avoid the company of others "How are ya darl?" Irene beamed as she pulled Charlie into a hug

"I'm okay" Charlie replied as she wrapped her arms around Irene "Um, sorry to bother you, I know its late"

"Don't be silly darl, anytime" Irene waved her hand to excuse Charlie's previous statment "What can I do for you?"

Charlie peered into the room, she saw Liam and Bianca sat on the couch, now looking at the door "It doesn't matter anymore" charlie smiled "I don't want to disturb anything"

"No Charlie, its fine" Bianca rose to her feet and walked to the door "come in"

Charlie looked to the bottle of wine in her hand, she placed it on the floor just outside of the house and walked in "Thanks"

"I have to see Brian about my guitar" Liam said after Irene gave him a look "I'll see you later babe" Liam kissed Bianca "See you Irene"

"Bye darl" Irene smiled as Liam walked passed her

"Bye" Liam monotoneously said to Charlie as he walked passed her

"Yea, bye" Charlie replied. An awkward silence fell in the house as Irene looked to Bianca and Charlie "If this is a bad time, I can go"

"No" Irene walked charlie to the sofa "I don't know how else to say this, so I'm just going to say it" Irene took charlie's hand in hers "Are you alright? I mean, you don't seem happy about things anymore"

"I'm fine" Charlie lied

"Charlie, we've both known you for a while now; this isn't like you" Bianca sat beside Charlie, sharing the same concerned look as Irene

Charlie's eyes welled up "Angelo. He's not the same man he was" Charlie wiped the tear that escaped her eye "he's cruel; he's changed" Charlie began "I used to be able

to talk to him; now I can't. I don't know what to do" Charlie looked desperately to Irene and Bianca

"If you're not happy with him, leave" Irene tucked a strand of Charlie's hair behind her ear "don't get yourself this upset"

"I can't leave him though. If I do, I have no where to go; I have nothing without him. He's made it so I have to stay with him" Charlie replied, defeated

"No" Irene sharply responded "For years now I've watched that club become more and more of a place for criminals; I've had enough" Irene looked to Charlie and Bianca

"Liam says businessess around the area are upping their sales over fighting" Bianca put in "he also said that Angelo has got someone in mind"

"Oh my godfather! Thats all we need, fights in the Bay" Irene gasped

"He's got Brax" Charlie stared in front of her "He blackmailed him into signing a contract; I tried to stop Brax from signing it, b...but Angelo threatened his brother Casey"

"Casey's only a kid" Bianca replied, shocked "why would Angelo stoop so low?"

"I don't know. But he did, and now Brax is caught up in this just like Sid, Liam and I are" Charlie cried

~*~

Ruby sat on the chair; preparing herself for what her parents were about to tell her.

Paul and Sally had always known that Ruby would -one day- ask about her biological mother and father, they just thought Ruby would be nearer eighteen, not thirteen years old.

"Well" Paul exhaled as he and Sally sat beside each other "We decided to adopt after finding out we couldn't have a third child of our own. We went to an agency in the city, and they reffered us to one in Yabbie Creek. We were there for ages; we were never chosen by mothers who were having their baby adopted" Paul looked to Ruby, who eyes were full of wonder and questions "We nearly gave up; we thought that we wouldn't ever be chosen because we already had two of our own at home" Paul took Sally's hand in his and squeezed it gently "anyway, we were just about to leave when a young woman walked in with her dad. She couldn't have been any older than what you are; we never found out her age, she refused to tell us"

"Why?" Ruby asked

"Don't know darling" Sally replied "She seemed...it seemed like she didn't want to give her baby up, but had no other choice"

"So basically, she gave me up beacuse it was best?" Ruby asked

"Best for you, yes" Paul nodded

"Well, do you know her name or anything?" Ruby asked

"We were told her name was Charlotte" Paul replied "That's all"

"So, were you there? When I was born I mean" Ruby asked

"Yes. Charlotte rung us up that morning to tell us she was in labour. We arrived in time to see you been wrapped in your pink blanket" A tear rolled down Sally's cheek.

Ruby looked to Paul and Sally and rose to her feet. She walked over to them and sat between them "You will always be my parents" Ruby smiled "But I have to find her"

"We know" Paul replied "And we will do our best to help"

Brilliant chapter... Well written

I hate Angelo.. I think av said that in every comment so far hehehe....

I cant belivee he spoke to Charlie like that...

Charlie seems to have amore hold of her life than he does...

Brax plz get out and take Charlie with you

Oh no this doesnt sound good about Ruby trying to find her mother

Cant wait for the next update :D

Archived