As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

Poor Charlie! She just needs to be loved by ahem Brax :P

Angelo is one evil twisted man! whether it's to Charlie or even Sid telling him to not hold his breath :( Hope he gets what he deserves and Charlie can be happy!

Update soon x

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Lucii, Carina soph1303 and Danni for the :wub: comments

Chapter 3

Charlie sat on the rock she had been on the preivous morning. The moon had replaced the sun; the warm breeze had now been replaced with a cool breeze. A breeze Charlie welcomed after her session at the gym; for an hour solid she had taken her anger and frustration out on the punch bag and other gym equipment.

Sid walked out of the club and glanced down at the beach. He saw the shiloutte of a woman sitting on a rock, looking out the the water that crashed upon the rocks. He

knew it would be Charlie; she would always find something to occupy herself so she wouldn't have to spend much time in the club.

"Hey" Sid softly said as he walked behind Charlie

"Hey" Charlie replied, looking round to find Sid stood, smiling at her "You just finsihed then?"

"Yes" Sid smiled as he sat down on the rock beside Charlie "I was thinking about going round to see Roo"

"You two are getting really close now" Charlie smiled "How long have you been seeing each other now?" Charlie asked

"Nearly two months" Sid replied, smiling infectiously

"Really? Two months?" Charlie repeated in disbelief "Sorry, its great, I'm happy for you, I am. Its just-"

"Angelo has never been too optomistic when it came to me and Roo, and that's all you've heard from him for two months" Sid asked

"Yea" Charlie nodded "I'm sorry about that" Charlie said apologetically

"Charlie, you don't have to be sorry. I know that you've done a lot to help me see Roo. I appriciate it" Sid placed his hand on top of Charlie and squeezed it gently

"No worries" Charlie smiled as she tried to hold back tears of envy "I'm going in to see him soon anyway, so that should give you chance to be with Roo for a little longer" Charlie said to Sid, whose smile got bigger as Charlie spoke.

~*~

Roo tip-toed closer to the bedroom door, looking over her shoulder before turning the light off. Her tongue sticking out in the corner of her mouth as she closed the creaking door, trying not to wake the sleeping child. Three hours of football, one hour of rally remote control cars and half an hour reading had finally sent VJ to sleep, much to the relief of the now exhausted Roo.

Roo walked to the table in the front room and placed her hands on her hips as she sighed, looking at the mess on the table. Crisp packets, soda bottles, cakes and sweet wrappers littered the table. Most of the rubbish had been placed there by VJ, but Roo couldn't blame him completely; she herself had dumped some of her rubbish there.

She ran her hands through her hair before walking into the kitchen to grab a bin bag to place the rubbish in.

Sid knocked gently on the door "Hey. Can I come in?" he smiled

"Hey" Roo turned to face Sid, her heart beating slightly faster than before "Yea, course. VJ just fell asleep now" Roo smiled

"Just?" Sid looked at his watch "At 10?"

Roo nodded "He was too excited" she said as she made her way into the front room to clean up the mess "and I forgot how much energy it takes to get a child off to sleep"

"A lot" Sid laughed

"I remember" Roo looked to Sid "Now"

"Do you want a hand?" Sid offered as he walked closer to the table

"Shouldn't you be at work?" Roo asked

"I should. But knowing Angelo, he has probably fallen asleep in his chair. His head leaning over the back, mouth wide open -snoring, arms draped over the sides of the chair and his legs will be on his desk" Roo nodded as Sid helped to pick the rubbish off the table and put it into the bin bag Roo had in her hand; their hands clashing every so often as they both placed rubbish in the bag. They couldn't help but smile to one another; they loved how they both smiled at the little things.

~*~

Charlie walked passed the customers in the club. Ignoring all the wolf whistles she recived from men of all ages -and all stages of drunkness- as she headed for the office door. She clutched onto her black, strapless bag as she headed through the last few people who stood near the office door. Liam was still at the bar with Bianca stood not too far away from him. Charlie looked at them for a moment; wanting a piece of what they shared, their connection with one another.

Charlie sighed as she outstretched her hand to open the door to the office. She looked at Angelo with disgust as he slept in his chair: his feet on the desk, his arms draped over the sides of the chair, his head leaning over the back of the chair, mouth open and snoring.

"Angelo!" Charlie said loudly as she slammed the door. Angelo woke with a start

"What?!" Angelo looked around as he tried to wake up. His blurry vision corrected itself as he looked to Charlie, who stood with her arms folded across her chest "Babe" Angelo rose to his feet and walked over to where Charlie was stood. Charlie took a step back as Angelo went to kiss her "What's wrong?"

"Don't 'babe' me" Charlie replied as she unfolded her arms and placed them on her hips

"Somethings wrong" Angelo queried as he made his way back to the chair "What is it?"

"I wanted to talk to you last night. And this morning" Charlie began "why can't we just talk anymore?" Charlie asked

"We talk" Angelo replied

"Yea, about how much money the club has made, or how much Liam and Sid have pissed you off, or how much money the other clubs have made in comparrison to you" Charlie retorted "What about us? Why can't we talk about us? Liam and Bianca talk, Sid and Roo talk. Why can't we?" Charlie asked as a tear trickled down her face

"I thought you hated Liam" Angelo asked

Charlie looked to Angelo in disbelief "Out of everything I have just said to you, you say to me 'I thought you hated Liam'? Seriously?" Charlie shook her head as she wiped the tear from her face

"Well, you do don't you?" Angelo asked

"I don't like what he is when he's had a few drinks; but then again, who does?" Charlie replied "Anyway, that's besides the point!" Charlie shouted

"I can't deal with this right now!" Angelo shouted as he ran his hands through his hair

"No, you never can" Charlie replied, heartbroken as she walked out of the office and back through the club. Stopping to look over at Liam and Bianca, who were close in an embrace as they danced.

~*~

Brax walked slowly along the beach, kicking his feet into the sand as he walked. His hands were in his pockets, he looked to the ground, thinking about his family life and how he wanted it all to turn for the better; how he wanted his mum to take responsibility so he and Heath could do something with their lives other than scrimp together and save what they could, when they could.

Sighing heavily, Brax stopped walking and stared out to the water. Slowly removing his hands from his pockets to pick up a small pebble that lay half covered in the sand. He tossed it up in the air and caught it again, he looked at the pebble that now lay in his right palm before looking out to the water once more. He threw the pebbel; wishing that he could be like the pebble and be moved from where his was in a single throw. He heard the splash of the pebble meeting with the water, he saw the drops from the water spray hit the surface of the water, but once again, he found himself looking down at the sand. Brax made to walk once more, looking up to the rows of houses that looked out on to the waters front. Charlie lived in one of those; he recognised the patch of beach, he recognised the house he had watched Charlie walk to the other morning. And he found himself wondering; how could a woman like Charlie Buckton be living with a man like Angelo Rosetta?

Continuing his walk, he began to hear faint cries coming from just ahead. Squinting his eyes to get a better look ahead, Brax wonder who -and why- someone was outside at nearly eleven, crying. Brax took a couple more steps and he found himself looking at two feet. His eyes followed on from the feet and up to slim, shapley legs, to a slim waist, to the shoulders, neck and head of a crying young woman. Brax walked closer to the woman "Hey, you alright?" Brax asked

The woman looked to Brax "Of course I'm not alright, I'm crying"

Brax sat beside the crying beauty "I can see that" Brax handed her a tissue from his pocket "Here"

"Thanks" The woman replied as she took the tissue from Brax and wiped her leaking eyes "I'm sorry. After what you've done for me, coming back at you with an attitude is something you don't deserve" Charlie said as she wiped her face in shame

"Don't worry about it" Brax smiled. Charlie weakly smiled back before lookin g at her hands "Has this got something to do with Angelo?"

"How'd you guess?" Charlie asked with a slight laugh "Its nothing"

"Erm, yea it is" Brax argued "If its made you come out here to cry at 11:09" Brax replied as he looked to his watch

"All I want is to talk. That's it; talk. Be he has no time, I wish he'd make the time. I have so little to do during the day I get bored; Bianca has a little job at the school so she's there most of the day, Leah works at the diner so I guess I can see her a lot of the time, but Miles is always there and I don't like getting in the way" Charlie stared out to the water "Angelo is all I have; There's no one else I can call family" A lone tear trickled down her face

"Family isn't all its cracked up to be" Brax sadly replied.

Charlie slowly looked around to Brax, his voice echoing Charlie's own mood. She knew Angelo would probably freak out if he knew she was talking to Brax, but she didn't care; she needed someone to talk too, and Brax was just possibly that person she had to talk to.

I am so sorry. I did read this but had a terrible migraine & generally didn't want to comment.

I know that sounds terrible but considering how I felt, I wouldn't have put much effort into a comment.

But wow. Another absolutely amazing chapter.

This is so beautifully written.

I look forward to more & seeing where you take this.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Great chapter - glad that Charlie told Angelo how she was feeling, even if it didn't do any good. Glad that Brax is there for Charlie to talk to. I'm assuming that Ruby doesnt exist in this fic - she was never born, due to the fact that Charlie said that she has no family. Amazing chapter - more soon please :D.

Sorry its taken me so long to get on here!

Chapter 2:

Angelo's a really unpleasant guy in this fic, but you've written him so evilly well!

I feel so sorry for Charlie. Noone deserves to be treated like that.

Love the brotherly bond between Brax and Heath. It's very nice and well written.

Chapter 3:

Loved Roo looking after VJ. Very amusing to read :)

I'm disliking Angelo more and more. He's such a prick to everyone, especially Charlie.

So glad that Brax was there to talk to Charlie. Can't wait to see what happens there...

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Update soon please :)

Archived