As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

Hi guys. ..sorry if you thought this was an update...in a way it is as im working on the next chapter now. Ive not had the best few months (personal issues) and writing has been something I havent been able to do. Im hoping to have an update in the next day or two.

Thank you for been patient and for taking time to read and comment. X

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. ..sorry if you thought this was an update...in a way it is as im working on the next chapter now. Ive not had the best few months (personal issues) and writing has been something I havent been able to do. Im hoping to have an update in the next day or two.

Hey Callyha! Aww it's okay. Glad you told us :) Hope everything are okay for you at the moment. Looking forwards to the next update :) Take care of yourself xx

Aww hope everything is ok! Looking forward to your update! Xx

Here you are guys! the next chapter. I hope you like it.

Thank you again for been patient and thanks for commenting x

Chapter 58

Brax and Charlie walked toward Irene's beach house and all they could hear was the happy voices of all the women inside. Brax continued to walk forward as Charlie held back for a moment, catching her breath as pain washed over her. She placed her hand on her stomach and kept her eyes on Brax, hoping he wouldn't turn around and see her in pain. Eventually, the pain subsided and Charlie was able to re-start walking, just as Brax turned around "Come on slow coach" Brax smiled as he held his hand out for Charlie

"I'm coming I'm coming" Charlie smiled "I can't walk now. I have to waddle" Charlie placed her hand in Brax's "I look like the ducks from The Aristocats" Charlie stiffled a small laugh

"Never seen the film but I'll take your word for it" Brax knocked on the door before placing a kiss on Charlie's lips

"Sorry, but no blokes allowed" Irene held her hand up infront of Brax's face, hiding him from her view "only messing" Irene smiled, lowering her hand and placing one arm around Brax as she held her glass of orange juice away from Brax "Hiya love" Irene's face lit up when she saw Charlie "how are you darl?" Irene swapped Brax for Charlie and gave her a hug

"I'm good" Charlie smiled as she lied

"Well, I'd best leave and give you girls chance to squeal uncontrolably and do all of that sickly girly stuff" Brax backed away slowly "I'll see you in an hour" Brax looked to Charlie

"Yea, see you then" Charlie smiled back bravely as she watched Brax walked away from the house

"Charlie!" Bianca squealed excitedly as she rushed over to Charlie "wow!" Bianca looked at Charlie's stomach; she'd suddenly developed a bump after being so small for so long "well, that just poped out didn't it?" Bianca laughed slightly as she wrapped her arms around Charlie

"Yes, yes it did" Charlie replied as she wrapped her arms around Bianca "not long to go now though, until you are Mrs. Liam Murphy"

"Oh my god, I know" Bianca pulled away from Charlie and smiled "and look at you" Bianca looked to Charlie's stomach "you've gotten so-" Bianca stopped talking and looked back to Charlie

"Big?" Charlie finished "it's alright. You can say it" Charlie laughed, placing her hands on her stomach and rubbing gently

"Well, I wasn't going to, but seeing as though I can" Bianca smiled before bending at the knees and focussing her attention on Charlie's stomach "hi bud! today is my wedding day so I'll apologise now for the loud noises you'll hear today and I promise when you are born, we'll whisper when we see you" Charlie placed one hand on her stomach and used the other to grab Bianca's free hand "what?" Bianca asked as her hand made contact with Charlie's stomach "Oh wow" Bianca gushed "is that?" Bianca looked up to Charlie

"Yes" Charlie nodded, tears formed in her eyes as she felt overwhelemed with happiness as she had finally had a kick from the baby and not the pain she had been experiencing over the last couple of days "the baby is kicking"

"To the sound of my voice" Bianca whispered "hi baby, I'm your Aunt Bianca, and I can't wait to meet you!" Bianca kept her hand on Charlie's stomach, feeling every movement the baby made and realised she and Charlie finally had a reason to keep the smiles on their faces, they finally had a reason to wake up in the morning and feel good about themselves and their lives: they had their new lives ahead of them with the men they loved beside them, and they both were a lot strong than they were a little under a year ago

"I think someone really likes you" Charlie cried "I haven't felt bub kick like this since, I can't actually remember" Charlie noticed the kicking was turning into the pain she had been experiencing "Bianca" Charlie stepped back and broke the contact Bianca had on her stomach "I really need a wee, any chance I can get passed the door?" Charlie danced on the spot, adding effect to her lie

"Oh my god, yea sorry" Bianca stepped to the side, letting her friend in and closing the door behind her

"She ok?" April asked as she walked over to Bianca, who finished her glass of juice off

"Yea, she just needed a wee that's all" Bianca replied, heading to the chair to get the last bits done to her hair and make-up. April stood on the spot for a moment, watching Bianca as she sat in the chair, full of happiness that filled the room where ever she went. But a part of April couldn't help but notice Charlie; first it was how she was at the rehearsal dinner and how she was now. Something didn't add up and April was determined to find out what was wrong with Charlie.

~

It was now time to leave the beach house and head toward the wedding ceromony. Leah, Roo, Colleen, April, Charlie, Irene and Bianca all left the house in a line. April helped Charlie as she felt Charlie was hiding something from everyone, and she wanted to make sure Charlie hadn't gone back into the ways she was when she was with Angelo: secretive, alone, shy and scared.

"Hey Charlie" April asked as their pace behind the others slowed down. Charlie looked to the worried teen and waited for her to speak "I might be wrong here, but is there something wrong? is the baby ok?"

"Why do you ask?" Charlie asked

"Well, I saw what you were like at the Diner yesterday and how you were when you arrived at the house. It seemed like you were in pain" April replied

"April, I appriciate how concerned you are, but you don't have to worry, the baby has just found something else to kick and that really hurts everytime it happens. It's just uncomfortable" Charlie replied

"You sure?" April asked "because-"

Charlie stopped April right there "I'm sure" Charlie smiled, she knew April wanted to become a doctor when she got older and she knew April had always taken it upon herself to look out for those closest to her. But Charlie always thought that it was up to her to be the one to look out for April, not the other way around. "but thank you" Charlie wrapped her arms around the teenage worrier

~

A cool summer breeze filled the bay from the ocean. Hair blew gently away from faces as people gathered on the beach for the impending wedding.

A woman with dark hair stood in clear view of the arriving guests. She saw the minister take his spot under the gazebo. She saw guests taking their seats on the white chairs. She saw the petals lining the beach where the bride would soon walk. Her eyes gazing upon the faces of those who gathered, waiting for one person to arrive. Waiting to take something that belongs to someone she had lost.

Ruby walked along the road, taking in the scenary and smiling blissfully to herself. April had invited her to the wedding; something Ruby was glad about as it meant she could spend more time with Charlie. As she drew closer to the beach and in view of the wedding cermony, the woman stood watching caught her eye. She found it intriging as to why a woman would be stood on a pavement looking on at a strangers wedding.

"Do you know someone in the wedding?" Ruby asked as she stood opposite the woman

"I suppose you could say I do yes" The woman replied, looking to the young teen carefully

"Erm, ok" Ruby felt awkward. She knew the woman was looking at her, and she didn't know why "what are you staring at?" Ruby asked, looking over her shoulder and hoping there was something behind her

"I don't mean to stare" The woman realised she was making Ruby uncomfortable "it's just, you look like a woman I know" The woman studied Ruby's face a little more in depth "Charlie"

"Oh Charlie?" Ruby's face lit up "yea, she's my birth mother"

The womans face dropped in bewildered awe. "How old are you?" she asked

"Thirteen" Ruby replied, but before she could ask why, the woman had moved away from her. Standing alone for a moment, Ruby tried to work out who the woman was and why she had shown an interest in Charlie, but she was interupred by an excited April, rushing over to her

"Hey!" April smiled "you made it!" April wrapped her arms around Ruby

"Yea I did" Ruby replied

"Well, come on then! you have to get a good seat. Bianca is on her way with Irene and Leah and Charlie and everyone" April grabbed Ruby's arm and pulled her toward the beach "Bianca looks gorgeous. I can't wait to get married" April squealed

"Your only thirteen" Ruby replied

"So?" April giggled "Bianca was thirteen when she and Liam first met. They might not have spoken or anything, but they still met at my age. And now look; they are getting married to each other, over ten years later" April stopped once her feet touched the sand "anyway, Charlie will be the first one to walk on the beach and I know you'll want to see her" April smiled "how are things between you? I never asked Charlie last

night or this morning; I was too busy with the wedding and such"

"Erm, yea they're good" Ruby smiled "really good" Ruby nodded "ever since we got back from New Zealand, Charlie and I have just, we've just had so much time together and I feel like I've found the part of me that was missing; I know it sounds weird, but I finally feel complete"

"It doesn't sound weird" April shook her head "it sounds like a relationship"

"Yea" Ruby laughed

"So what happens when the baby arrives?" April asked; the one question most of the Bay -well, Colleen- was asking

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked

"You know, the baby is you half-sibling but you don't call Charlie 'mum' and you have a mum and dad and brother and sister already" April looked to Ruby, hoping Ruby would interject

"Oh" Ruby replied "to be honest we haven't really talked about that. Charlie has just kept saying 'the baby isn't due for a while, we have plenty of time' and to be honest-" Ruby was about to continue speaking when April saw the bridal party emerge from around the corner

"Ooh, sorry Rubes, gotta go. I'll speak to you later" April waved quickly to Ruby before running off to join Bianca and the rest of the bridal party.

Liam stood at the foot of the gazebo with his hands behind his back. Swaying back and forth on his feet as Sid stood tall beside him, looking out for Roo. Soon enough, Roo and the other women made their way onto the beach and headed toward the congragation of people. Liam smiled as she saw Bianca dressed like a princess.

"Turn around mate" Sid said as he placed his hand on Liam's back

The minister took his place and gazed out over the gathering of people. Roo, Marilyn and Colleen all took their seats as April stood at the beginning of the petal trail, holding her bouquet of flowers infront of her. She smiled as the minister nodded his head, indicating to her to start walking. As she reached the second row, Leah began her walk down the aisle, followed by Charlie. Each step Charlie took, she found more difficult than the first. Uncomfortable didn't come close to how Charlie was feeling; the smile on her face hid the pain she felt, the pain she knew would take Bianca's day away from her.

Charlie reached the gazebo and made eye contact with Brax, who sat admiring his pregnant girlfriend and began to picture their own wedding; how gorgeous Charlie would look in her dress, how their child would be apart of the wedding -and Ruby too- he couldn't help but smile at her. Her beauty kept his mesmerized.

The minister raised his hands and the guests rose to their feet as Irene linked arms with Bianca.

"You ready darl?" Irene asked as she looked to Bianca

"Yes" Bianca smiled, biting her lip as she causght Liam's eye "definately"

~*~

Liam and Bianca took to the wet sand for some pictures for their wedding album. Miles had offered to be the photographer, and had suprised everyone with how good he actually was. Everyone gazed admiringly to the happy couple as they held each other with the water breaking on the sand behind them; all of them thinking finally they're together. Finally they're bringing their lives together.

"Hey" Brax walked over to Charlie shyly

"What's the matter with you?" Charlie smiled. She hadn't seen Brax act all shy since the first day they met

"You look gorgeous" Brax took his hands out of his pockets and placed his hands on her stomach "did you know that? just gorgeous"

"Aww" Charlie melted into Brax. Bianca' and Liam's wedding day had brought out the romantic side in everyone; even Colleen was giving kisses to the guests

"Hey" Ruby smiled as she stood back from Charlie and Brax

"Hey Rubes" Charlie smiled "you ok?" Charlie sensed there was something wrong

"Erm, I dunno" Ruby replied "I was stood on the pavement just watching before you guys arrived, and there was this woman just stood watching. She didn't know anyone in the wedding but she said she knew you" Ruby looked to Charlie "she then stared at me, it made me feel so uncomfortable. But that's when she said I looked like you" Ruby smiled at the thought of looking like Charlie

"Where was she?" Charlie asked as a sickening feeling caught her in the pit of her stomach

"Over there" Ruby pointed to where the woman had once stood

"Stay here" Charlie told Ruby before she headed over to where Ruby's outstretched finger was pointing to. As she drew closer to the pavement, Charlie kept her eyes open for Carla. Soon enough, Charlie's eyes met Carla's

"Well, well, wel" Carla said as she folded her arms and walked over to Charlie "first you tell me there is nothing here in the Bay of Angelo's to remember him by. Then you tell me that baby you are having isn't Angelo's and now you're trying to keep my grand-daughter away from me?" Carla stood close to Charlie and slapped her "how dare you!"

Brax saw a woman strike Charlie. Knowing how close she was to having the baby, Brax sprinted across the sand, with Sid and Miles following a distance behind

"She's not your grand-daughter" Charlie retorted, ignoring the stinging sensation on her face

"Don't play that one with me" Carla shook her head "She looks the double of you and she has brown eyes. Angelo had brown eyes. She's thirteen years old and minus that off Angelo's age puts him at 15/16. The age he was when you to got together" Carla felt proud of herself as she watched Charlie wince

Breathing through pain, Charlie stood as tall as she could "Ruby isn't Angelo's daughter. I had Ruby when I was fourteen. Angelo and I weren't together, I met him three or four months AFTER I had Ruby"

"Prove it" Carla demanded

"How?" Charlie asked

"DNA test. Call her father up and get him to give you a sample of his DNA" Carla glared at Charlie

"He's dead" Charlie replied

"Convenient" Carla scoffed

"Its the truth" Charlie replied

"Fine. We'll use me. Angelo could be traced to me therefore Ruby can be traced to him through me. You have until the end of the day to decide, otherwise I take you to court and I will fight you for custody of Ruby and that baby" Carla glanced to Charlie's stomach before meeting her in the eye "the end of the day" Carla finished and walked off, just as Brax breathlessly made his way onto the pavement

"Charlie" Brax called out

"Brax" Charlie called out faintly

"Charlie" Brax rushed to Charlie and caught her, just as her knees buckled from under her "are you ok?"

"I hate this" Charlie rested her head on Brax "he died last year, why can't I get away from him and his family? I hate this" Charlei sobbed into Brax's shirt. Tears droped onto his white shirt

"Hey" Sid whispered "she alright?" he mouthed to Brax, who simply nodded and smiled to say thanks

"What happened?" Brax asked

"She thinks Ruby is Angelo's daughter and I have until the end of the day to decide to get a DNA test done to prove Ruby isn't. She is still determined to take me to court" Charlie wiped her eyes as best she could, knowing mascara would be staining her face

"Here" Brax grabbed a tissue from his pocket and wiped Charlie's face, ridding her of the mascara on her cheeks. "The end of the day is a 12 midnight. That's hours away. Lets go to the club, get the last few things ready and then celebrate Bianca and Liam's wedding with our friends yea?"

"Yea" Charlie sniffed "thank you Brax"

"Eh, for what?" Brax asked

"Everything"

~*~

Bianca rose to her feet, ready to make her speech. The wedding party soon quietened down "thank you all for been here today and be apart of our wedding. I'm sure everyone knows how much Liam and I have grown over the last few years; more so in the last few months. I never would have made it through those years and these months without the two most important people in my life; one of them I have just married, and the other one-" Bianca looked around for Charlie, who was clutching her stomach and breathing deep "who has just gone into labour" Bianca dropped her glass on the table and ran across to Charlie "Sid! Get the car" Bianca helped Charlie to her feet as Brax rushed over to help. Liam rose to his feet and tried to get the attention away from Charlie who was struggling to walk to the exit.

"I'm sorry" Charlie said inbetween breaths

"For what?" Bianca asked "Charlie, I'm already married, I've had the attention. It's now your turn; enjoy it" Bianca placed a kiss on Charlie's forehead

"I want you with me" Charlie panted, grabbing Bianca's hand as she continued to walk "please"

Brax stood by Charlie's side, holding her hand and rubbing her back as the midwife counted to ten "that's it Charlie well done" Charlie fell back into the bed as the midwife said ten "once more"

"I can't" Charlie cried out

"You can" Bianca and Brax said together Brax smiled as Bianca wiped the beads of sweat from Charlie's brow "come on babe" Brax gently rubbed Charlie hand "just one more push" Charlie nodded her head and pushed herself up the midwife told her to push once more and Charlie soon felt relief from all pain "its here" Brax called out as he heard the baby cry. A beautiful sound that reduced Brax to tears

"Would you like to cut the cord?" the midwife asked Brax. Brax nodded and cut. He gazed lovingly at the baby as it was handed to Charlie for skin to skin contact

"Congratulations. Its a boy" The midwife said as Charlie wrapped her son in her arms and placed a kiss on his head

"My son" Brax cried. " I have a son"

"Well done Charlie" Bianca cried "he's beautiful"

"Thank you" Charlie smiled weakly

"Do we have a name yet?" The midwife asked

"Not yet" Charlie shook her head

"Ok. That's fine. I'll write baby boy Buckton on his ID bracelet"

"Wait. Put baby boy Braxton" Charlie looked to Brax and smiled "he is his daddy after all" Brax smiled back to Charlie and placed a kiss on her lips. Nine months had passed. Nine months of guessing who the dad was. Brax was the father biologically or not. But at the moment, the little baby boy looked too much like Charlie to be able to tell if Brax was the father, or if it was Angelo.

Then he opened his eyes. Charlie's son looked up to her and almost looked as though he was waving to her "hi baby. I'm your mummy" Charlie felt love was over her in an instant. She gazed adoringly to her newborn son.

Charlie now knew who his father was, for he had his eyes......

Please please please let that little boy have Brax's eyes!

Cannot believe Carla demanDing Ruby have a DNA test & slapping Charlie .... What I wouldn't give to slap her!!

Hope things are better for you and thanks so much for the update!!

Looking forward to more xx

Cannot believe you left it there... so cruel lol. Loved this chapter

Carla is just a bitter witch

Please Please with a cherry on top, let the baby be Brax's

Update soon and hope things are getting better on your end :)

Archived