As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, here's the next chapter for you. Hope its ok and I hope a certain part of it you like....

Thanks for the comments

Chapter 56

Two days seemed to take weeks to pass. Ruby impatiently tapped her foot on the ground, waiting for a text from Brax letting her know that Charlie was home. They had agreed on three hours after Charlie got back home for Ruby to go round and visit. Brax had wanted longer than the three hours, but Ruby insisted it be as soon as possible. Ruby couldn't help but feel like she was been kept from something, something that had to do with Charlie and the baby: not having anything in the house to show there was a baby arriving soon was the biggest clue Ruby had got.

"Hey Ruby" Dan called as he walked into the room, holding the phone in his hand "this is the third time Casey has called, you need to talk to him" Dan thrust the phone toward Ruby, who rolled her eyes and took the phone reluctantly from him

"Hello" Ruby sighed down the phone

"You ok? you seem distant" Casey asked, sensing Ruby's tone of voice

"I'm fine, its just, I went to see Charlie when I got back, but Brax said she was away and I just got the feeling that I had just walked into a big secret. Brax wouldn't tell me anything, all he told me was Charlie was doing well and the baby was fine" Ruby began to play with one of the loose threads on her top "is there anything I should be worrying about?"

"Erm, no" Casey replied "Rubes, you've just got back from New Zealand. And I'm sure Charlie will tell you if she feels there is a need for you to know"

"So there is something" Ruby rose to her feet

"No. Look. All I know is, Bianca and Leah didn't just take Charlie to the hotel spa place to find a bridesmaids dress, they took her there for some other reason. I don't know the full story because Heath has had me helping him with his new money-making idea"

"Thanks Casey" Ruby said, pulling the phone from her face and pressing the red button "hey dad" Ruby shouted as she left the front room

~*~

Bianca stopped the car infront of the house. The women looked at the house and sighed heavily "Can't we go back?" Leah whined as she looked to her two friends "Please"

"I wish we could" Bianca smiled "but I have a wedding to finish planning for and I only have seven weeks"

"Seven weeks. Gosh. That's soon got here" Leah said "I can't believe you are going to be Mrs. Murphy in a few weeks"

"You can't? what about me? I've been with him long enough I fell like I already am married to him" Bianca smiled

"I wonder if Miles will propose" Leah pondered

"I thought you two were happy as is?" Charlie asked

"Oh, we are; its just, you know, you can't help but think" Leah replied "I'm not saying I want to get married, I mean I've been there and yea its nice, but, what Miles and I have is the same as been married, why have a piece of paper to prove to courts what we and our friends know already"

"Aww" said Bianca and Charlie simutaneously

"What about you?" Leah asked "do you think Brax will pop the question?"

"I don't know" Charlie replied, running her hand over her stomach "we've never mentioned marriage and I'm like you Leah, why have a piece of paper that says we're married?"

"Because you get to wear a beautiful dress and have all eyes on you and get showered with gifts and you have one night where you can have a stripper and be as naughty with him as you'd like and it be ok" Bianca smiled "and besides, I know that if Brax asked you you'd say yes, and if Miles asked you, you'd say yes so you can both stop with the 'I'm not getting married, why should I' nonsense" Bianca pointed to Charlie and Leah as she said their names, smiling at them as they spoke about weddings

"I don't want to break this up, but I have to." Charlie opened the door of the car "baby is sitting on my bladder"

"Oh, right" Leah said as she and Bianca exited the car and grabbed Charlie's bags from the boot of the car "Charlie" Leah spoke, stopping Charlie form walking down the path

"Yea?" Charlie replied

"It's been really nice spending the past couple of days with you" Leah smiled "don't hide away again. We're all here" Leah added as she wrapped her arms around Charlie

"I know you are, and I promise I won't" Charlie replied "my new life starts now"

~*~

Charlie placed her drink on the unit in the kitchen before turning to face Brax. She placed her hands around his waist and looked him in they eye "Do you have to go to work?"

"Yes" Brax smiled, placing a kiss on Charlie's forehead "I've avoided this for weeks with Alf and John. They want an answer about the club like, three weeks ago"

"You mean my club" Charlie corrected Brax

"Yea" Brax sighed "I just thought I'd tell them to sell the place to the first person who offers anything for the place"

"I've been thinking about the club and what it can be used for" Charlie removed her arms from Brax's waist and walked into the front room "I've signed the papers. I'm keeping the club" Charlie opened the draw and handed Brax the papers "I signed these yesterday"

"What? you took these to the hotel with you?" Brax asked, holding the papers up

"Yea" Charlie nodded "I think we could do amazing things with the club" Charlie began

"Wait a minute" Brax cut in, holding his hand up "I thought you wanted nothing more to do with Angelo or anything he had"

"I don't" Charlie replied

"Then why the hell are you keeping his club?" Brax asked, his voice slightly raised

"Ok, I know Angelo owned it and I want nothing more to do with him, but that club is where I met you" Charlie stepped closer to Brax "It's where you saved me not only from a beating, but from myself. Its where I met Ruby and its where I saw my best friend get engaged" Charlie stood infront of Brax "I can't sign all of that away" Charlie looked to Brax in the eye "I want to remember each memory forever. Please don't take it away from me"

Brax smiled as he looked to Charlie. He never thought about the good memories attatched to the club "I guess I can't" Brax wrapped his arms around Charlie "you really think I save you from yourself?" Brax asked, moving back slightly so he could look Charlie in the eye

"You've saved me in every way possible" Charlie smiled "you've made me feel safe for the first time in my life since my parent's were here" Charlie wiped away the small tear that had formed in her eye "you've given me a family" Charlie added, placing her hands on her stomach "this, this baby and you are my family" Charlie glanced lovingly into Brax's eyes before looking quickly down the her stomach

"What? what's wrong?" Brax panicked, looking to Charlie as she continued to look at her stomach

"Here" Charlie grabbed Brax's hands and placed them on her stomach "do you feel that?" Brax smiled widely as he felt something kick his hand "the baby is saying hi"

"Oh wow" Brax gushed, kneeling down to the floor so his head was directly infront of Charlie's stomach "hey dude" Brax spoke "I'm your-" Brax looked up to Charlie and smiled "I'm your dad -you're stuck with me"

~

Brax had only just left the house a few moments ago; reluctantly leaving but he had a business meeting with Alf and John -discussing the club and finalising details about new ownership- leaving Charlie alone in the house for the first time since she had arrived back in the Bay. Grabbing the TV remote, Charlie settled herself into

the couch and began to watch Colin and Hugh fight in the water fountain, only to be interupted by the sound of a knock at the door.

Sighing, Charlie struggled to her feet and headed toward the door. A hgue smile appeared on her face when she opened the door, revealling a face she thought she wouldn't see again "Ruby" Charlie whispered "oh my gosh" Charlie opened her arms and welcomed the young girl with a hug. Her eyes glazed over with tears as she felt Ruby's arms tighten as much as they could around her "I can't believe you're back" Charlie smiled as she pulled away from Ruby, looking at her "I've missed you so much"

"I've missed you too" Ruby smiled, leaning back into Charlie and resuming their hug

"What-" Charlie borke away from the hug and moved into the front room "when did you get Back?" she asked, sitting on the couch

"A couple of days ago" Ruby replied, "I came over like, three hours after we got back but Brax told me you'd gone to some hotel spa place"

"Yea" Charlie smiled "Leah and Bianca took me there. It was so nice just to get away and relax"

Ruby looked to Charlie; seeing her again seemed to lift her, seemed to give her hope once more of building some sort of relationship with her "I'll bet it was" Ruby smiled "Charlie-" Ruby looked to her hands and fiddled with her cuticles "when I was in New Zealand, I had the worst nightmare I think I've ever had. It really scared me and made me realise how much I have loved spending time with you and trying to figure out what we are to each other" Ruby glanced up to Charlie "I dreamt that I'd missed everything. That I'd been away for a year and that Amy had been taken away" Ruby felt herself well up with tears, she tried not to show them to Charlie, but she couldn't help it "I wasn't here to help, I wasn't here for you and I hated it" Ruby broke down. She cupped her head in her hands and hid her face away from

Charlie, feeling embarrased for crying infront of her. "Sorry" Ruby whispered, wiping her face as best she could

"Don't be" Charlie said as she placed her arm around Ruby and pulled her close before wrapping her other arm around her "I've not done so well myself" Charlie confessed "you left and I found myself in a slump; Brax has been amazing through it all and I have the baby" Charlie began, placing on of her hands on her stomach whilst keeping the other resting on Ruby's shoulder

"Mum stayed in New Zealand with Issy" Ruby sniffed "I don't know if she'll ever forgive me. I was horrible to her"

"I'm sure she'll forgive you Rubes, she's stupid if she doesn't" Charlie replied "anyway, who's Amy?" Charlie asked

"Oh" Ruby weakly smiled "you know I told you that I had a nightmare" Charlie nodded "well, in it, I came back seven months after you had your baby" Ruby began, looking to Charlie's stomach, ensuring she was still infact pregnant "and you had had a girl and you called her Amy. She was no-where to be seen and you told me that-"

"She was taken by Carla" Charlie finished Ruby's sentence

"Yea" Ruby nodded "wait, how did you know?" Ruby asked. Charlie moved away from Ruby and stood near the window "no" Ruby shook her head "she's not back is she?" Charlie nodded "but- why?"

"She thinks she can have the club because Angelo and I were never married. She also has said that she will take me to court to gain full custody of the baby" Charlie placed her hands on her stomach "anyway, that's Brax's and my concern, not yours" Charlie looked to Ruby and smiled "you and I have so much to talk about"

"And not as long now" Ruby added, looking down to her lap "you do know I didn't want to go, don't you?" Ruby asked, looking up to Charlie

"I knew" Charlie smiled "Ruby, at the end of the day, they are your family. They know what is best for you"

"But they don't" Ruby protested "how was it good for me to be taken away from you again?"

"Because technically, you and I weren't supposed to ever meet. I'm really glad we did, because I would have given anything to find you; there is nothing I wouldn't give to have found you again. When I found out that you were the daughter I had to give up, I felt myself coming together again, I had a piece of myself back; but I forgot that you weren't mine to keep, you are Paul and Sally's daughter. I was just the woman who happened to carry you and give birth to you" Charlie looked away for a brief moment; Ruby been back was the best thing to ever happen to her, she could finally connect with the child she had always wanted, but never got the chance to have. But thirteen years is a long time to catch up on. Its a long time to build something out of nothing "Ruby-"

"I know you never wanted me to be given away, and I know that my parents are my parents; nothing will ever change that. But I can't ignore you. I can't ignore this" Ruby took hold of Charlie's hands and held them tight "you are apart of me, and I am apart of you, we have a bond that can't be forgotten about" Ruby felt her eyes sting with tears "I want you in my life; you're my birth mo-" Ruby found herself calling Charlie 'mother' or at least a form of mother, and it felt strange -but a nice strange "you're my birth mother"

Charlie felt the side of her mouth lift slightly upon hearing 'mother' from Ruby's lips "Ruby-"

"No, let me finish" Ruby held her hand up before continuing "the baby is going to be my little brother or sister, and I want to be apart of its life; I want to be apart of yours and Brax's life; we are a big family, we can make it work" Ruby smiled uneasy "Its not that big of a deal really is it?"

Charlie looked helplessly to Ruby. Her head and her heart were telling her two different things. One was saying she had nothing to do with Ruby; Ruby was just a girl who she had met. Whilst the other was telling her that this is her daughter; the missing piece of herself. "Ruby I-" Charlie stopped and placed her hands on her stomach

"Charlie-" Ruby rushed forward "what is it? you're ok aren't you?" Panic filled her face and voice

"I'm fine" Charlie smiled "here" Charlie held her hands out for Ruby to take hold of. Slowly Ruby placed her hands in Charlie's and as the connection between mother and daughter was made, Charlie placed Ruby's hands on her stomach and a smile grew on Ruby's face

"Oh wow" Ruby looked up to Charlie "she's kicking" Ruby gushed "or he's kicking" Ruby looked at Charlie's stomach "how amazing is this? Hi"

Charlie placed her hand over her mouth; silencing herself as tears fell from her eyes. "I think the baby want's you around" Charlie spoke, breaking the silence that had fallen

Ruby looked to Charlie once more and smiled "and do you?"

"Of course I do" Charlie smiled "as what ever we decide"

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the comments!!! they mean so much. :wub:

And I promise, you don't have long to wait to find out if Brax is the father or if Angelo is the father

Enjoy!

Chapter 57

The diner had closed early for Bianca and Liam's wedding rehersal dinner. Colleen, Irene, April, Leah, Charlie and Roo were adding the last few bits and pieces to the table to make it more of an intimate affair for the party. All the women spoke about how far Liam had come since he and Bianca first met; how he had changed -and changed for the better- and how Bianca had been the one to influnece that. The topic of conversation soon changed to how Charlie was now going to be a mum within a couple of weeks and how only twelve months ago, Charlie was close to been so depressed that nothing would get her out of it. Brax soon became the next conversation piece and how he had healed Charlie and brought her to where she was now.

"He really is the best thing to happen to you Charlie" Irene smiled, looking to her with admoration. Charlie had bcome as much a daughter to her as Bianca and April had; Irene loved taking that role on, and she loved all three girls just as much as the other, but

Charlie was the one she had always worried about, the one who she would always loose sleep over; especially when Angelo had had a drink, or a bad day or had made the wrong business decision "and now look at you" Irene placed her hand on Charlie's stomach "A few more days and we'll finally meet him!" Irene gushed

"Him?" Colleen screeched "It's a girl. I've said that all the way along and I'll say it now. I don't think Charlie suits having a boy; she looks more like a girly mummy" Colleen looked to Charlie's growing stomach, completely unaware of Ruby and how Charlie already had a daughter

"How can Charlie only be a 'girly' mummy? That doesn't even make any sense" April piped up, placing the final glass on the table and standing beside Charlie; placing her arm around her and resting her head on Charlie

"I mean that some mums-" Colleen began to answer, but a hand wave from Irene and a stiffled laugh stopped her "I was only saying" Colleen mumbled before wandering into the kitchen and putting the extra knives away

"Have you and Brax thought of any names yet?" April asked, looking up to Charlie with a smile on her face

"A couple" Charlie smiled as she ran her hand over her stomach and felt her baby moved around "but we can't settle on one"

"Ooh" April smiled "What are they?"

"I don't want to say. You'll have to wait until the baby is born" Charlie laughed as April crossed her arms in a huff

~

With the TV on, Brax placed his beer on the table and proceeded to sit on the couch. The sudden appearence of his shirt and trousers on his stomach broke his eye contact with the TV

"What the?" Brax looked to the clothes on his stomach and then up to Charlie, who was wearing a flowing dress with her hair slighlty wavey "wow" Brax's heartbeat quicken "you look" Brax walked over to Charlie and placed a kiss on her lips "amazing"

"Thank you" Charlie smiled. She felt great; she was in a great place, and even though she felt like a hippo, she knew in a couple of weeks, the baby would be here and she and Brax could start their little family life "now get dressed"

"What for?" Brax asked, pulling his t-shirt over his head and replacing it with the shirt Charlie had brought down

"It's Bianca and Liam's rehearsal dinner tonight. They're getting married tomorrow" Charlie replied, walking to the mirror on the wall and applying more lipgloss, seeing as though Brax's kiss smuged it

"Oh yea"

"Durr" Charlie mocked "ow" Charlie's hands fell to her stomach

"What? Charlie?" Brax rushed over to Charlie; his left arm caught in his shirt and his head barely poking through the top "what's wrong?"

"Baby kicked" Charlie caught her breath "hard"

"You ok?" Brax asked, concerned for Charlie

Charlie looked to Brax and bit her lip "I'm fine" she said before bursting into laughter

"Ha ha" Brax rolled his eyes as he finished getting dressed "You sure you're alright? We don't have to go to the hosptial?"

"No" Charlie shook her head "we don't"

"Sure?" Brax asked

"Sure" Charlie smiled

~

Laughter filled the diner. Food spaced all over the table and bottles of wine and orange jusice littered the table. Streamers, balloons, party poppers and many other things made the table look like it had joined in with the party as much as everyone sat at the table. Bianca kissed Liam on the lips before she grasped her wine glass and rose to her feet

"I know tomorrow is our wedding day, but I feel like today is the time that we're celebrating it" Bianca looked around the table "all of my family is here right now; I love all of you so much and I can't believe you are going to be apart of our wedding" Bianca looked to Liam and smiled "all of you know -especially Charlie- know I wanted Liam from the first minute I laid eyes on him" Charlie was the first to laugh, follwed by Leah, Roo and Irene and then the rest "Liam I love you so, so much; I can't wait to become your wife tomorrow and spend the rest of my life with you" Bianca held her glass up high and toasted to Liam before looking back at him and placing a kiss on his lips "I love you" she mouthed

"To Bianca and Liam" Charlie held her glass of orange jusice up as she watched Bianca and Liam's kiss intensify

"To Bianca and Liam" the group said, shocking the couple to pull apart

Hours rolled by and the group still continued to talk amongst themselves. Enjoying each others company and enjoying the fact that all were there.

Roo saw Charlie sat at the end of the table on her own, and made her way down to her: Brax had gone to have a word with Liam about the wedding and Bianca was sat talking to Leah and Irene about something which Roo couldn't quite hear. "Hey" Roo smiled as she sat beside Charlie

"Hey" Charlie smiled back

"Haven't seen you for ages it seems" Roo looked to Charlie "how are you?"

"I'm good" Charlie smiled "really good"

"Yea?" Roo asked

"Yea" Charlie replied "well, I guess I could do with the baby been Brax's, but you can't have everything I suppose" Charlie weakily smiled to Roo

"Well no. But Charlie, out of everyone, you deserve to have everything; I know Liam and Bianca have come along way, especially Liam, but I think people are forgetting about you" Roo placed her hand on Charlie's "for the last two months I have heard nothing but wedding stuff and nothing about you"

"But its their wedding. Why should anything about me take that away from them?" Charlie questioned

"I'm not saying you should take it away from them, but it seems like you've have to take a huge step backwards because of it" Roo squeezed Charlie's hand "I know you and I aren't as close and you and Irene are, but I think you are just amazing, I really do. You've gone through so much and you've got the biggest smile on your face at the end of it. I admire you so much for that, I really do"

"I think this, Liam and Bianca's wedding and the baby is just the first chapter in the future of everyone here" Charlie looked around "I mean, a year ago Leah and Irene nearly lost the diner to Angelo, Bianca was practically begging Liam to quit Angelo and eveything he stood for, Alf and John were going to lose the surf club, you were going to lose the rights of advertising" Charlie shook her head "and now look; Everyone is just so different and so relaxed its like a new part of one big story"

"I think you're right" Roo smiled

"Ah" Charlie placed her hands on her stomach and hunched forward as a second wave of pain washed over her

"Whoa" Roo threw her arms out wide "Charlie? you ok?"

Charlie nodded as she breathed, waiting for the pain to disappear "I'm fine. Baby's just finding a new place to kick, and it hurts"

"You sure? that didn't seem like a reaction to a kick" Roo looked to Charlie, worried about what she had just witnessed

"Yea, I'm sure. It was nothing" Charlie smiled to Roo, who wasn't convinced.

~*~

The waves crashed on the the sand as surfer rode the waves rushing forward toward the golden sand. The sun shone down on the Bay, bringing with it a smile on everyones faces.

Inside the beach hbouse belonging to Irene, the whole house was woken up by the high pitched squeals of an excited bride-to-be.

Fresh fruit and jugs full of orange juice were laid on the table, ready for people to help themselves as they had nearly a full day to wait before the wedding. April sleepily walked into the kitchen and placed some fruit on to a plate and bipassed the juice and went straight for the coffee pot. Even a thirteen year old needed some caffiene once in a while

"Morning" Bianca beamed as she wrapped her arms around her little sister "thank you" Bianca took the coffee cup off April and began to drink. April yawned before she smiled to herself; even though she was still tired, she couldn't be mad at Bianca for waking her up, Bianca was just happy to be getting married

"You seem happy" April stated the obvious, but lack of her usual nine hours sleep made her not function properly

"Well, yea!" Bianca beamed "Liam is at his house right now, getting ready for our wedding. Did you hear that? Our Wedding!" Bianca's smiled seemed to get wider, although April was shocked as to how it could "Wedding! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm getting married. Me, married"

"Yea Bianca. I get it" April said, showing annoyance in how Bianca was acting

"Sorry, I know you're tired, but, I'm just so happy!" Bianca walked over to April and gave her a hug

"I am happy for you, I just need to wake up first"

"I still don't get why you are so tired" Bianca asked "it wasn't as if we left the diner at three in the morning"

"Actually, it was four. And I helped Charlie get Brax back home" April replied "Speaking of Charlie-" April was about to tell Bianca her concern for Charlie, but Bianca's attention wandered to the sound of the phone ringing.

April sighed heavily as Irene wandered down the stairs "What's that sigh for girly" Irene asked as she walked to April and gave her a small hug

"Nothing" April smiled "I'm just not fully awake yet"

"I don't understand how though. We all got home and went to bed at the exact same time" Irene wondered

"Actually, you and Bianca got home half an hour before I did" April confessed

"Oh" Irene folded her arms and gave April the 'you've got thirty seconds to tell me' look

"Brax, Liam, John, Sid and Alf had had a few drinks, and I offered to help Charlie take Brax home. Charlie seemed to be in pain most of last night, didn't you notice?" April asked

"Now that you mention it, yea she did. But then, she is nine months pregnant and due any time now. The baby is moving into place to be born and it gets uncomfortable" Irene told the concerned young girl

"Yea but-" April began

"April, today is your sisters wedding. Lets get through this and then we'll talk about last night, okay?" Irene butted in, patting April's shoulder before walking into the kitchen and helping herself to some of the food.

~

Drool leaked out of his mouth and formed a puddle on the floor of his apartment. Beer bottles littered the couch and the table as he came too. "Ow" Liam moaned as he clutched the side of his head and slowly sat up. Last night after the rehearsal dinner was a blur.

"You look how I feel" Sid said as he placed sunglasses over his eyes and sat in the chair opposite Liam

"What the hell happened?" Liam asked

"We left the diner, Brax went home Alf and John cleaned the diner and you and me came here and called Miles, asking him over and to bring some more beer" Sid replied "was a good night"

"Apart from the fact I'm getting married today and my head is killing me" Liam moaned once more

"Dude, we were always like this once upon a time" Sid replied "makes you wonder how we did it"

"Ha" Liam sat up, resting himself on the littered table "we had a reason to be hungover for work. Angelo" Sid joined Liam in laughing, both not realising there was a knock at the door

"Hello" A voice shouted as footsteps sounded through the house

"Hey mate" Liam held his hand up as Miles came into focus "when did you get here?" he asked, placing his hand in Miles' and doing a 'cool guy' hand shake

"A few minutes ago. I knocked but I'm guessing none of you heard" Miles answered his own questions by looking to the table "good night last night?"

"Eh-yea" Liam scratched the back of his head "only a couple of drinks" Liam looked to Sid "wouldn't you say mate?"

"What? Oh, yea" Sid replied "anyway" Sid cleared his throat "what brings you here"

"I know I'm not the best man in this wedding, but I am on of the froomsnam and I therefore feel its my duty to tell the bestman that he has overslept and made the groom over sleep and that the wedding takes place in t-minus three hours and there is still everything to get to the beach" Miles smiled gleefully to himself as he watched Liam and Sid's faces change from chilled and relaxed to panicked and stressed. Liam ran round the house in just his boxers, picking up as many bottles as he possible could and tried to make the room look as tidy as possible, because in a little over twelve hours, Liam would be bringing his new wife through the doors to begin their new life together

"Dude, you could have come round earlier you know" Sid pushed Miles on the shoulder

"Dude, I came round at seven this morning and nothing woke you up!" Miles replied, rubbing his shoulder that didn't really hurt "you want a hand?" Miles asked, seeing the men struggle was fun, but unbearable to watch at the same time.

~

"Ow" Charlie clutched her stomach. Throughout the night the baby had been kicking harder and harder. Charlie had only got a little under an hour sleep due to the active baby in her stomach

"What?" Brax panicked, rushing into the room with nothing but a towel on "what was the ow for?"

Charlie quickly moved her hand from her stomach and put it on the dresser, she didn't want Brax worring over her; he had been up most of the night with her and didn't want a fuss been made over nothing "I pricked my hand with the hair pin" Charlie held her hand up and showed Brax, who up-turned his lips to make a sad face and walked over to her and placed a kiss on her hand

"There, all better" Brax smiled, looking into Charlie's eyes "I'll get dressed, then I'll walk you to Irene's and then I will see you at the wedding" Brax placed a kiss on Charlie's lips before wandering back into the bathroom. Charlie kept the smile on her face until Brax was out of sight.

She looked down to her stomach as she placed both hands on it "what have you found that is so fun to kick?" she asked "cos whatever it is, please stop" Charlie slowly looked back up, keeping her hands on her stomach. Meeting her gaze in the mirror Charlie hoped that the pains she was having was a new body part the baby had found to kick, and not the beginnings of something else....

Archived